• Locked up!
      So anyone who suffers from depression or anxiety or who has had a traumatic brain injury should be locked up?
    • Vittorio 'Sam' Manunta-Lowell
      Lunacy is incurable, head aches an aspirin is fine!
  • Hopefully you'll be able to get through it.
  • I was diagnosed with clinical depression 15 years ago, what ever that means. Prayer got me freed from it. Not that I don't have "down days" due to neurological problems. But no depression meds are needed. The down times are a lot less strong than they were. My anxiety is under control as well. I still have some anxiety to crop up when going out my door because of two large dogs attacking me less than a year ago. However God is still blessing me.
  • 10-4-2017 There is no clear definition for "mental illness". Most people think anybody who disagrees with them is mentally ill.
  • ive had experience with it since my sister has schizophrenia
  • When I worked as a rec counselor many many years ago at a residential treatment center, i realized that many of the students(ages 14 to 21) were not able to cope with a dysfunctional home environment. And also were unable to cope with the expectations of school and/or work. A systemic over-dependence on medications eventually added another layer of dysfunction. How families, schools, work and social environments reward conformity and punish non-conformity may also add to the problem. For some reason some personalities cannot or will not conform. If we listen for and respond to the deeper needs perhaps healing may occur. (which may not necessarily conform to the norm-whatever that is) From my own experience with emotional overwhelm, i had compassion for the students that were judged to have a lower IQ. I wondered if they were dealing with an inner emotional storm which greatly limited how well they respond to testing. In 5th grade I was put in the easiest level 3 math class, until one day the level 2 teacher that was subbing realized i could solve any problem she threw at me. I was moved to level 2,(I was very present and at ease that day), yet had difficulty I think due to shutting down to the harsh teaching tactics she had in the level 2 class. What of all the students that are brilliant that cannot access that brilliance because of demanding emotions running around inside them.