• OMG. That is so stupid. Now I really have heard it all.
  • If the company is offering it to their employees, who am I to say otherwise? All I can say is that I won't offer it to my employees.
  • Frivolous. More important is maternity leave. Perhaps the father can have off a short time as well when and just after a child is born
  • I think it is the best things any company can offer its employee. The employee who are dog lovers will love these concepts of pawternity leave.
    • Shimon Darmon
      Hilarious.. I agree totally as I am a pet lover.
  • This sounds great. Does getting a fish qualify? Where is the cutoff? A robot dog? Whatever the minimum, I'll sign up for some free time off.
  • If you're a company that offers that, you deserve to go out of business.
  • i dont see anything wrong with it
  • Why not? That’d be a nice job perk. One of the companies said it is specifically for rescue dogs- I like that.
  • I think it is a very important thing, why shouldn't dads be able to take time off work to be with their newborn baby. And people who say otherwise obviously have never had a kid.
    • bostjan64
      "Paw"ternity leave, i.e. paid family leave for employees who adopt a new pet. The title of the article in the link is "7 companies that give staff paid time off when they get a puppy"