• As a former smoker diagnosed with emphysema, you'd think I would naturally agree with you. But as much as I am against smoking (of any kind), I recognize the rights of others to choose for themselves as long as it affects just them and no one else. Liberals who want government regulations for everything that offends them have different opinions when it comes to banning things that they approve of. It's the whole concept of Liberalism that should be banned.
    • DancesWithWolves
      Thank you for your comment well appreciated :)
    • Hulk70156
      Connies want to ban all dissent, its called Communism, 1465
  • Too much money in it. I used to smoke and would never encourage anyone to do so, but I am sympathetic towards people who can't quit and also know that there are many politicians who are still hand-in-glove with the tobacco companies. And just so little 1465 knows -- I am a liberal democrat. I don't tell other people what health choices to make, as long as they are not threatening MY health. That's how the other liberal democrats I know see the matter. I doubt he knows many.
    • DancesWithWolves
  • I don't smoke, but I think people should have a right to choose for themselves. I don't think they have a right to choose to blow it in their kids (or anyone else's) faces and make them smoke it.
  • I smoked for 31 years. When I started everyone smoked, especially pot. I smoked for over 20 years before the government basically made it illegal and too expensive. I think there should be some 'grandfather' clause for smokers who started back in in the 70's. They basically cut us all off by raising the prices and restricting where we could smoke. I woke up one morning and couldn't smoke in my apartment building, and they were $5 a pack! The government should make laws that are fair to everybody and that wasn't fair.😐 30M Americans had to quit smoking in a very short time. People who don't smoke don't have any appreciation of what that is like.
  • They are already banned in UK, it's due the addictive menthol, believed to make smoking more appealing.