• Call your attorney...or act really nice to him, and sucker him into giving you what you want...I'd probably call the attorney
  • either go through someone else or leave them to go.. thats what ive had to do..
  • Take him to small claims court.
  • The belongings: Small Claims court The money: Fuggeddaboutit.
  • If he refuses take him back to court and sue for the return of what isn't his. I went through the same thing with my ex. She didn't want to give anything back until I showed up with 5 police officers and a court order for her to comply or go to jail.
  • Get your pictures and court papers back first... They probably mean little to him. THEN ask for the money. If you ask for the money first, he may hold the others for ransom, or damage/destroy them because he's pissed. (If he hasn't already.)
  • If you were married, you can go to small claims court, but it's not going to help as much as taking him back to civil court. I assume that there is a court order in place ordering that those items belong to you? If so, civil court can find him in contempt of court which small claims court can't do. Civil court can then give you a court order with which the police can assist you in obtaining your belongings which small claims court can mean that you might have to actually take this additional step once more. If you weren't married and there is no court order, small claims court is the place to go for the money. However, the court papers are not going to be something that will be turned back over to you most of the time simply because you can obtain additional copies of those. Simply go to the court house and go to the dept. where records are kept. Keep a receipt of what it costs you to get those copies, however. You may be able to get that money back. None of this is a good idea until and unless you have it well documented that you have attempted, in good faith, to collect both money and belongings from him. This means sending two registered letters with verification of receipt to obtain a hard copy of his signing or refusing to sign for the letter. This proves that he received it or saw it. In the letter, do not be emotional. Tell him item by item what you would like back, what the money was borrowed for, why the money was borrowed, and that you would like to collect your belongings by 14 days after his receipt of the letter and, if you are willing to let him pay on the money over time, how that will occur and when or, if you are not, give him 30 days from the date of receipt of the letter to pay it back. It's also a good idea to propose alternate ways to get the items and money back to you, ie, you can pick it up and where, he can drop it off and where, or via a third party. Do this twice. If he hasn't complied after the second time, file a court action.
  • Take him to court.
  • Good luck with the paperwork kiss off the money. You have no proof he borrowed it.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy