ANSWERS: 100
  • They dont take the time, to research the faith and see what it is about, it is from ignorance and fear of the unknown. :-)
  • Probably because they are reacting to the things they see in Islam that are most readily apparent. Frankly, from the outside, Islam frequently appears very negative. While those people may be ignorant of the teachings of that religion, the face of Islam they are shown is aggression, killing and death, anger, hatred, and a lack of tolerance. After train bombings in India, after tube bombings in London, after commuter rail bombings in Madrid, after the 11-9 attacks on USA, after the Surf Life Saver attacks on the beaches of Australia, after bombing women and children in shopping malls in Israel, after the brutal treatment of the Afghani people...people in the West don't have a very favorable view of Islam. This may or may not be justified, the media may or may not portray Islam in an even handed way...but these repeated acts would explain why so many people hate Islam.
  • They actually hate God. It's just easier to take it out on His creations. It's not about Islam, that's just the excuse.
  • ignorance breeds fear fear breeds intolerance media feeds the whole association of muslims with terrorists and arabs and afghanistan and iraq and the wars, so it's like "judeo christian society vs. barbarians" in a sense the political animosity over palestine has also caused religious intolerance i've heard the word "infidel" be thrown around on both sides - unnecessarily and simply because it's not their religion so in a sense, they can :(
  • I had a much more open mind until I learned something about Islam. Now I can't say I hate it any more than and other mass deception but I hate the perpetuation of it. - Religion is evil. The Abarhamic ones more so. And Islam has some aspects that are staggering. And I only found that out after learning about it.
  • I try to never generalize religions as inherently good or bad. The fact is, most religious texts are thousands of years old, translated numerous times, and have been interpreted and twisted by people throughout history to justify actions and to gain control over people.
  • They jumped on the terroism bandwagon? And people fear what they don't understand.
  • i think in the states, islam, or the term mulsum, has been used to equqate terrorisim. its totally unfair and i think it proves that unless you fit into the cookie cutter look and christian american mold you are seen as a threat. the feelings were always there, but 911 brought it to the forefront. i think people also want somwone to blame because ther are so many theories about the attacks and they need a scapegoat so they can still belive in their government. just my opinion. i have lots of respect for the dicipline it takes to pratice islam.
  • They only hear about the fanatics and classify them as representing Islam as a whole. You can do that with Christians also if you read/hear about the Inquisition of the Middle Ages or about the ethnic/religious clensing efforts in parts of the former USSR. Other religions also have histories or practices which upset some folks.
  • Those who are completely ignorant about Islam and its teachings who hate it do so mostly because the large majority of modern terrorists loudly perform their terrorism in the name of the Islamic religion. Thus, people hate what motivates people to such horrific and evil acts. On a side note, not everyone who hates or disagrees with Islam does so out of ignorance. The more I learn about it, and its prophet, the more I disagree with it.
  • Bor - while you're looking up "ignorance" in a good dictionary, you may want to flip on over to "prejudice". Yous seem to misunderstand it's meaning. People who dislike something after learning about it may not be correct, but they also cannot be prejudiced. And please note: neither Antigone nor I have said anything about the people of Islam. I have no issue with them. It's the religion itself I have problems with. - And I really do wish you'd quit making proclamations about my motivations. You don't know me and you have absolutely no clue as to why I do what I do. - I come write the truth as I see it. If you are incapable is seeing any disagreement as other than mockery you betray your own "pre-judgment".
  • They don't know how to make distinctions.
  • because most people think of islam as a country that attacks everything that they see but its not true
  • Because they are ignorant.
  • i am pretty ignorant so far but i don't hate it
  • Because they have issues accepting that the United States has sponsored more terrorism than Islam ever will.
  • Answer Number 2: Things like this cartoon issue. No pope or bishop has taken a public contract out on the life of anyone ridiculing Christianity or it's holy folk. Not only do Islamic holy men do it with alarming regularity, they have gotten once free, non-Islamic nations to toe their line as well. http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB121581460304047109.html
  • Your fanatic extremist is called Bush. Remember that little incident of "weapons of mass destruction?" His followers are the marines that are still in Iraq. Most of them Christian I am sure. Muslims kill in self-defence. They don't have the weapon power that Yanks do. What's the difference between a suicide bomber and a marine who shoots down a family? None as far as I can see. Every action has a reaction. Yanks invade, Muslims defend. You have answered my question: Go and read a book (that doesn't have pictures and is non-fiction.)
  • I am sure the news in America shows lots of "Islamic barbarism." I am equally sure it shows none of the American barbarism against the Muslims. This is called propaganda. You write about the 400+ children. May I have your references, please?
  • It is simply because the truth about Islam has not reached these people and that the root cause for the violence has not been addressed.Apparently the act of terror by some of these irresponsible Muslims mostly insane had tarnished the image of Islam. It is a job for all Muslims to work together to rectify on this prejudice about Islam.Its a messy job indeed,but had to be done. The task { Dakwah } rests on the shoulders of all good Muslims.
  • It may not be strictly correct to say these people are “completely ignorant” about Islam because it might imply to some that they haven’t even heard of the word Islam. What is more likely is that they’ve made hostile associations in their minds with the word Islam. Once that happens it becomes a vicious circle. They become receptive to information that confirms the associations they have made, and they feed off like-minded people and the media, which is full of negative associations about Islam. Thus the negative images and hate of Islam become stronger and stronger. These people then start mocking, provoking and actively campaigning against Islam. The hate becomes so widespread and intense that even the self-styled champions of democracy are prepared to ditch certain principles of democracy lest any element of Islam creeps into public life. Candidates have to repeatedly assure potential voters that they have nothing to do with Islam if they want to stand any chance of election. Even people in Muslim countries get penalised if democracy there brings in a pro-Islamic government. But God works in mysterious ways. Sometimes those who go far down the path of strong hatred against Islam end up becoming strong Muslim themselves. Omar's hatred built up until he could hold it back no more and, sword in hand, he went out to kill Mohammed. Fourteen centuries have gone and he's still remembered as a strong Muslim the second leader, after Mohammed, of the rapidly growing Muslim community. In the clip below is an example from our own time. .
  • Someone who hated Islam talks for about 10 minutes on this youtube posting. Unfortunately embedding of the video has been disabled but if you follow the link it should take you to it. Listen to her and see what you make of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fsz73clcWc&feature=related
  • Unfortunately, it is part of human nature to be afraid of things that seem threatening to us and then that same fear turns into hatred. Prejudice and ignorance feeds the concept that "ALL people "like that" are terrorists", so we hate them even when Muslims are a world community of millions of decent hard working and peaceful human beings. Education should deal and act upon the eradication of those bad ideas and concepts.
  • Thank you, Kelana. The world hates Muslims because everyone is scared of a possible Islam Nation. Especially the Americans. In an ideal world what you suggest might happen but this is far from an ideal world. God bless you.
  • The answer is in the question. Most people who hate anything at all out of ignorance largely do so because they are ignorant. In the case of Islam, people only know what they hear on the nine o'clock news, and if it were anything good, it wouldn't be on the news. So a lot of folks think all Muslims are terrorists, just because it's the only kind of Muslim they've heard about.
  • Your statement is too broad. I am mostly ignorant of Islam, and I don't hate it. I fear all intolerant religious extremists.
  • People fear what they do not know, and fear often translates to hate and aggression.
  • I have posted this before and I feel I need to post it again. Here's the problem with the way people see Islam in todays society and the reason it got so far degraded. In countries where we have high rates of suicided bombings and "muslim extremists", there is a shockingly high rate of illiteracy. Any book can mean anything to those that can't read it. The Qur'an truly teaches peace, the educated and literate aren't the ones strapping bombs. However, the Taliban and Al-queda have had, have, and will have, operative working within Mosques to recruit illiterate Muslim men. There are some lines within the Qur'an that taken out of context seem brutish like the lines about 5 ways to martyr oneself to Allah. If you have an impressionable man that is also illiterate, and a charismatic "leader" tells him that he is doing "God's work as written in the Qur'an", it's not hard to see why they would martyr themselves. The bombers aren't bad people, they are mislead and also victims to a greater evil. Please do not let preconceived misconceptions overshadow logical thought and reason. Another thing to think about here, don't forget that the US invaded Iraq. I don't see how it makes sense that we can go there and then be surprised that they have different customs. It's like going to New Jersey and being shocked that it's full of d-bags. If you go to Iraq, there will be Muslims. It's not a hard concept to grasp that bad people are controlling good people for power. Do you think they care that they are doing irreperable damage to the religion? Do you think that the people in charge of these organizations care that the bomber and his victims all had families? The religion is perfect, the people are flawed. If you remember that you will understand the entire situation. Ty for your time reading my wall of text. La Illeha Il Allah, Muhammedar Rasul Allah
  • People hate what they don't understand.
  • I think that the actions of some of it's followers has a lot to do with it.
  • Cuz I like it. When I whip out a bottle of Hatorade on Islam, I feel like I just helped a little old lady cross the street. It just feels like the RIGHT thing to do. Now granted, I dislike all organized religion with equal spite, not to say I dislike spiritual people, I'm all for that, but I think the way they (organized religions) structure themselves is retarded and I wish them all the worst. Buncha bungholes.
  • People are very easily brainwashed.
  • The majority of media coverage we see shows Islam in a negative light. And for many of us, we just need to hear what the media tells us and we suddenly know the truth. Isn't the media great? It sure saves us a lot of research!
  • [edit] Earlier events Please help improve this article or section by expanding it. Further information might be found on the talk page or at requests for expansion. (February 2008) There had been allegations circulating around the local area that groups of 'middle eastern youths' on the beach had asked white women wearing bikinis to "cover up", along with allegations of harassment such as spitting in food and general intimidating behaviour which had been going on for several years. It has been claimed that these alleged incidents are what prompted retaliation by predominantly white Australians claiming to be 'locals'. It was also alleged that five life guards from North Cronulla were attacked by 'youths of middle eastern origin'.[3]. 2GB Radio broadcaster Alan Jones was accused of inciting the riots [1] by fuelling largely anti-middle eastern sentiments from callers on his talk show. He was found by The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) to have breached the commercial radio code by broadcasting material that was likely to encourage violence, in the lead up to the riot. (http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radio/alan-jones-breached-code/2007/04/10/1175971070038.html) [edit] 11 December — the riot Crowds gathered at North Cronulla amid Australian flags and anti-Lebanese fanfareOn Sunday 11 December 2005, an estimated crowd of 5000 gathered at Cronulla beach.[4] In the week leading up to the incident, this confrontation and the subsequent circulation of anonymous calls to gather at the beach — spread via SMS text messaging ("Come to Cronulla this weekend to take revenge. This Sunday every Aussie in the Shire get down to North Cronulla to support Leb and wog bashing day.")[5] and other means — were the subject of much publicity and media commentary which played a large role in raising the profile of the event as well as framing it as racially motivated. The assembly occurred after elements in the local community called for a public demonstration in response to the previous weekend's confrontation between a group of Middle Eastern background and some local Cronulla beach surf lifesavers.[6] Police had earlier stated that they believed this previous assault had been racially motivated. A small number of demonstrators wore clothing bearing racist slogans such as "We Grew Here, You Flew Here", "Wog Free Zone" and "Ethnic Cleansing Unit" and some slogans such as "Aussie Pride" and "Save 'Nulla". Chants of "Lebs out", "Fuck off Lebs", "Lebs go home", "No Lebs", and other discriminatory expressions were continuously shouted out by the mob.[citation needed] Representatives from three far-right organisations were also identified handing out pamphlets, namely the Australia First Party, the Newcastle-based Blood and Honour and the Patriotic Youth League (PYL). The PYL describes itself as a "radical nationalist" group with links to the US-based racist skinhead group Volksfront, British National Party and the New Zealand National Front. The PYL had previously been linked by The Sydney Morning Herald to racially motivated attacks at the University of Newcastle.[7] None of the groups have claimed a role in organising the event. NSW Deputy Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione afterwards said police believed representatives of neo-Nazi and white supremacist groups had been among the crowd. "That in fact is something that we're following up," he later told the Nine Network. The network later reported that "one woman was pictured among the angry crowd holding a poster…which advertised a group known as the Patriotic Youth League."[8] According to ABC News, after several hours had passed without direct confrontation, the initially festive atmosphere rapidly turned to violence: “ Earlier in the day the atmosphere had been party-like despite the large crowd, which some estimates say numbers 5,000 people. That changed when a man of Middle Eastern appearance was chased into a hotel bistro. Within a minute the hotel was surrounded by several thousand people screaming and chanting. About a half an hour later a fight broke out across the road and police led away a man with a shirt over his head as the crowd lobbed beer cans at him.[9] ” According to one local, who was interviewed by SMH columnist, Paul Sheehan,[4] “ It all started when this guy outside Northies shouted, 'I'm going to blow youse all up.'[10] ” before he was surrounded by the crowd and attacked. Through the remainder of the day, several more individuals of "Middle Eastern appearance" were allegedly assaulted, as well as several who were not actually ethnic Arabs, including Turks, a Jewish boy and a Greek girl[citation needed]. Police and ambulance workers leading away the victims from the riots were also assaulted by groups of people throwing beer bottles.[1] Several dozen people were treated for minor cuts and bruises, while six individuals were evacuated under police escort to be assessed by doctors. One was further evacuated to St. George Hospital, in a serious but stable condition.[10][9] Some were protected from further injury by the assistance of people within the crowd. Crowds with police and ambulance in backgroundAs they moved to protect several individuals targeted by the crowds, many of the police present employed riot equipment including capsicum spray in order to subdue several of the attackers. A call for reinforcements was placed to the police station in Miranda, a nearby suburb on the peninsula. Local police at Cronulla had earlier commented that they were sufficiently prepared to deal with any anticipated violence at Cronulla beach, but seemed to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of people who had arrived. Elouera Road was temporarily closed to traffic. A total of 25 people were later reported injured in the incidents, including two ambulance officers.[4] Later that evening, The Sydney Morning Herald quoted a New South Wales Police spokesman as saying that seven people had been arrested, and that charges had been filed against four individuals.[4] By the following morning of the 12th, the News Limited website reported twelve arrests total. Charges to be laid included assaulting police, throwing a missile, offensive behaviour, hindering police and resisting arrest.[citation needed] [edit] Reaction and retaliation [edit] 11 December — evening Following the confrontations at the beach earlier in the day, there were reports that a number of Arab youths travelling in groups were converging on various locations in the region, in a series of apparent "hit-and-run" retaliatory actions. As several convoys of Lebanese men approached the beachside suburbs at around 10:45 p.m., the New South Wales police operations commander on duty issued instructions that their cars were not to be approached, but that registration and location details be recorded.[11] NSW Police Assistant Commissioner Bob Waites confirmed the reason for this instruction was "They weren't committing any offences at the time [they were in convoy] and it was about making sure they recorded [the details] so they have all the information." Several of the individuals concerned were held in custody that night in relation to some later events of that evening, with some ensuing charges being filed a little over a month afterwards. Superintendent Ken McKay, head of Strike Force Enoggera later set up to deal with the incidents, commented: "We are investigating a large number of crimes that occurred on this night and I'm quite confident, having around 200 car numbers … A lot has been made of issues that aren't issues." Promising that there would be further arrests as investigations were completed, he also noted that he was sick of the politicising of the investigations into the revenge attacks. Through the remainder of the evening, cars and windows in Maroubra, Arncliffe and Rockdale were vandalised.[12] Several instances of property damage at the Rockdale railway station were reported. A 23-year-old man was stabbed outside a golf club in Woolooware after being approached by a group of men of Lebanese heritage.[13] By 1:00 a.m., reports of violence had also spread to Brighton-Le-Sands, where police wearing riot gear sectioned off Bay Street in a confrontation with a crowd of people of Lebanese Australians.[14] The violence then spread to Ashfield in Sydney's Inner West, as well as suburbs in Greater Western Sydney, with outbreaks in Bankstown and Punchbowl.[15] Police said 16 people had been arrested and charged with 512 offences. Those charged were from Mortdale, Cronulla, Bondi Junction, Kareela, Granville, Lugarno, Greenacre, Mascot, Northmead, Jannali, Sutherland and Riverwood. Offences included malicious damage, resisting police, hindering police, assaulting police, resisting arrest, possessing prohibited drugs, behaving in an offensive manner, threatening violence, affray, possession of a knife in a public place and driving in a dangerous manner. All of those charged were men between 17 and 40 years of age.[citation needed]
  • 23, I know what I know, and respect what I respect. I do not feel like perusing your rambling and, at times, incoherent comments. People like you will never see another point of view. Never. In fact you will never even take the time to learn about the subject. I am tiring of you and refuse to give my views over and over when they are not even being listened to. Goodbye
  • because there american.
  • This is a bitter taste of reality. Tough to watch,but much tougher if ignored. This is the film by Geert Wilders. He's a Dutch writer who is now under protection from the Islamists in the Netherlands. This is the film that has the EU and the muslim world with their pants in a wad. Most websites have removed it, including You Tube. All bowing to threats. Google still has it posted as of today but, will probably bow to pressure soon. It is about 16 minutes long but, worth the time. Can be a little tough to watch in spots. But this is what we are up against. I think we better get REAL serious. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3369102968312745410
  • 'Say: O disbelievers! I worship not that which you worship; nor worship you that which I worship. And I shall not worship that which you worship. Nor will you worship that which I worship. Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.' [Surat Al-Kafiroon]
  • Because they're ignorant. They don't have a brain.
  • For the same reason the Germans hated the Jews, and the Japanese did such terrible things to the Chinese. It's easier to blame the woes of your nation/religion on others than to accept responsibility to change your situation. It's easier to demonize and de-humanize the enemy than to see your own flaws and similarities. And you can always convince one half of a demographic to kill the other half.
  • I believe the answer and the question are much broader. It is very much human nature for people to hate, be scared of, or intimated by the unkown. What are prejudices but fear of the unknown. Is a very basic primal human reaction; that one can rise above if one it at the very least aware of it and two cares to expend the effort eduacte themselves. There may be a reason to not like a person or thing but ones own ignorance is not a very enlightened one.
  • People who are completely ignorant often hate many things, not just Islam.
  • I think you could substitute Islam for any other religion in this question. Its because people are ignorant and not tolerant, and don't want to better themselves; they don't want to be open to the fact that not everyone wants or or can be coerced into believing in their own god(s) or religious beliefs.
  • what is so good about Islam? Millions of people follow the faith. It seems to be male orientated. Women seem to get a raw deal. They call the creator Allah or God, they have no idea what His Name is. They get insulted if someone says something that is "inappropiate". The christians have been taking abuse for centuries and they dont get enraged like the people is Islam become. They do terrible things to women. and they do terrible things to men. I sure dont hate Islam. I just wonder what there is about Islam that is even likeable.
  • I could say the same about the jews. In several of the thread regarding Islam I have asked for scientic facts in the bible that have been "discovered" in recent times. No-one has answered me - NO-ONE. Everyone who is anti-Islam have just ignored my question. How do you explain the scientific facts that have come true in the Qu'ran? Are you going to answer or just ignore the question like everyone else?
  • The answer is in the question. Ignorance
  • Islam hate is a byproduct of the "war on terror" propaganda manipulated by the media cartels and international elite to push the New World Order agenda down to the ignorants' throats. My 2 cents.
  • Who ever gave you the idea that people are ignorant about Islam?????
  • Western people deplore Islam because it does not contain the Golden Rule. Islam is a political supremacist movement based on thought control, mind control and hatred of "the other". The West is now afraid of Islam's suicide cult which any mad mullah can mobilize with a fatwa. It is pure, basic Islam that is full of hate, not those who seek to protect themselves, their children and freedom of speech from this primitive, barbaric death cult.
  • A lot of my friends are not ignorant of Islam and all say that they are tired of the Islamlic fundamentalists stirring up hatred against the Jews and Christians and all the non believers of Islam.Doesnt it say in the Quran that Allah needs no one to fight his battles.What he is saying is,he can fight his own battles so why are some Muslims fighting a holy war against people who they class as disbelievers.I have read the Quran many times and I cannot find anywhere where it says to plant terrorist bombs and sacrifice fellow Muslims lives with suicide bombs.So you could say that this is the reason that some people dislike Islam.
  • cz they don't know any thing about so they have anything else to do but just hate it.
  • Media.
  • You fear what you don't know.
  • First of all Muslims pray in Mosques, not churches. Catholisism IS the largest religion in the world but it's numbers are rapidly declining. The pope calls it, "the bleeding". Islam is the second largest religion in the world and is rapidly growing, more than any other religion. I don't know why your government helps to build a Muslim mosque. How would I know? Perhaps they are kind!!!! YOUR church property? I thought churches were open to everyone, oh, except Muslims, right? Bigotry is haram, learn and grow.
  • The operative word right here, my friend, is 'ignorant'
  • Didn't you just answer your own question in your question? Because they're ignorant.
  • Terrorism and the inconvenience is the reason Islam is hated by people who have almost no knowledge of Islam. To be fair, most Moslems have about the same understanding of Islam because 80% of them are illiterate. Most Moslems have never read Bukhari, Tabari, Tafsirs or Koran or any book about Islam, because they can’t read. Moslems have been saying to us in the West: “We demand that you respect us and our prophet.” Well, to begin with, you don’t normally just demand unqualified respect from other people. That would be a fallacy of prejudicial language. Who said I should respect someone who has just walked in...someone I have never met. I might grant someone like this a benefit of a doubt, but no one owes respect to anyone else, especially not to a stranger or a politician or a salesman you don’t know. Instinctually, we all know that “Respect must be earned.” When Moslems say “You must respect our religion!” and then start rioting, we Westerners just think, “What gives Moslems special rights to unqualified respect that other groups don’t have, especially when they behave so badly?” Do Moslems think they will get “respect” from burning cars or burning embassies or churches, or rampaging or slitting throats of nuns, while shouting about how their God is greater than ours? (This sounds like post pubescent boasting in the locker room.) Do they think slaughtering a person with a knife in a busy city street will convince Westerners that they have the true religion? Are they surprised that Westerners think: “These people are mentally unbalanced, backward, barbaric savages!” Do Moslems want us to wonder “what atrocity will the Moslems commit next?” Do they think they will get respect this way? If so, I think they are entirely deluded and living in a narcissistic intimidation fantasy. I have news for them: They will not get respect from intimidating people: they will get only suspicion and resentment. And that is the reaction we are seeing. Truly, there is only one way to gain respect: we earn it by being worthy of it...that is by being just and fair and reasonable and good-natured, by being wise and brave and kind and helpful to others in need...not by burning cars or blowing up grannies in the market or in the subway in suicide attacks. Respect your prophet? Well, you know, we in the West have just not been raised from early childhood as you have to think everything about Mohammed is wonderful or to idealize him as a superman of semi-divine proportions. We mainly perceive of Mohammed as a desert warrior with a sword in his hand and thus, the leader of a violent political movement. When we read the Koran, we immediately notice that half of it is denunciations and threats directed against Jews and Christians and exhortations for the Mujahideen to treat them harshly and put them to death. It is very upsetting for a Westerner to read the Koran. We in the West find the Koran shocking, because we are the ones that are targeted in it. We are the ones the Koran singles out for violent death by crucifixion, amputation, beheading and many other unspeakably cruel things. It seems to me that Moslems must have become numb to these many harsh words in the Koran through years of letting the words wash over them, otherwise they could not read them without horror and disgust. When they read these vicious words in the Koran, they are not thinking of individual nice Christians with faces who live next door …that is…if they are consciously thinking about anything at all when the Koran is read in ancient Arabic. I believe most Moslems hear the Koran merely as a series of guttural sounds in a very ancient tongue that they don’t speak or understand or read. Moslems don’t feel threatened by the Koran’s diatribes against the filthy, rotten, contemptible Christians or Jews (they ignore the words and let just let the bla-bla-bla wash over them), and so Moslems may grow up feeling that all is right between them and Allah and gloss over the many merciless threats in the Koran and uncritically rationalize them away as if somehow they are justified and necessary because these are the very words of Alaah. But are they? What sort of God is this that calls for murder, plunder, rape, vandalism and enslavement? Moslems simply tune out anything that is unpleasant in the Koran. They have been told they must follow every letter of it blindly. They have been told Islam is perfect and cannot be criticized, questioned, altered or even listened to attentively, it seems. Their active, critical minds are sound asleep when the violent words are read. They are brain dead. But in the West we are wide-awake, attentive and sensitized to angry words, sensitized by centuries of religious wars, two World Wars and a long Cold War, in fact. Hitler, Lenin, Mao and Stalin all made blood-curdling threats, then carried them out. Westerners feel alarmed when we read the harsh threats in the Koran and we have learned there are many Moslems today who are serious about putting these verses into action. September 11, various subway bombings, the many death fatwa’s against prominent people and the throat cuttings of apostates and infidels we are seeing more and more in the West have convinced us that our concerns about Moslems carrying out the violence ordered by the Koran are borne out in current events. Our concerns are daily validated by them..more than 12,000 fatalities caused by jihadists since 9/11. Westerners perceive of Mohammed first and foremost as a political leader, a desert warrior who taught his followers to be harsh, to kill, maim, humiliate, enslave and subjugate Christians and Jews. We cannot see at all how these cruel acts would qualify Mohammed as a prophet of God, rather than a mere barbaric savage. To the contrary, unconsciously, we contrast the Arab desert warrior with the gentle Jesus Christ who healed the sick, raised the dead and never killed anyone, never took booty, owned slaves or had sex with them. When Moslems seek shelter in the West and run away from their horrifying dictatorships in Africa and Asia, then demand “respect” for the religion that caused their suffering in the first place...we are confused. When they riot, threatened us with beheading and demand respect, we unconsciously compare it to the actions of the Godfather film in which the leading characters talk about “respect”, but the Godfather didn’t earn anyone’s respect...it was just terror induced by fear of violent retaliation and sudden death. Having seen the rampaging, the throat cutting, the suicide bombs, we are getting the message that Islam is all about intimidation. After 9/11, bin Laden said, “It’s good for them (in the West) to be afraid.” When we read that half of Moslems approved of bin Laden, we understand that they want the West to be afraid of sudden death by suicide attacks and therefore they want the West to be submissive to Bin Laden. We perceive Moslems want to remove our freedom of speech through intimidation. We think this is the precursor of a global new barbarism. By committing the 9/11 atrocity, Bin Laden awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve. The West fought the Nazis who wanted to dominate the world, then it fought the communists who wanted to dominate the world and the West defeated them. If Moslems think they can walk into Western countries, demand “respect” and take their rightful place as the rulers of the West, they are underestimating the resolve of their opponent and living in a jihad fantasy world. It ain’t going to happen. Let Moslems ask themselves: “Would we as Moslems not resent someone who wants to intimidate us?” One hopes they will see: terrorism is not the way to gain respect. Jihad has no place in a nuclear world. Westerners are telling the Moslems: “You are not wise to underestimate our resolve.”
  • Thebyann wrote: I thought churches were open to everyone, oh, except Muslims, right? Bigotry is haram, learn and grow. Every church in the world welcomes all Moslems to attend, even the St.Peter's in Rome. You should give it a try. You are revealing you do not understand the basis of Christianity...the Golden Rule..."Love your neighbour as yourself". Jesus Christ went even farther than that saying: "Love your enemies"...that is "Love people who hate you and be kind to them." Any Christian who does not actively love his enemies is falling short of the Christian standard of behaviour.
  • Dear Thebyann, How are you? You are going off on a tangent. In fact, you are going off on several tangents. This is counterproductive and makes you look awfully wild and irrational. You should stick to one point, which I tried to do. Your question was why do ignorant people hate Islam? There is a way to learn the answer and that is by going out into your every day world and politely putting this question to the kufaar (that Allah commands you to kill) and ASK THEM. Simple. Just ask about 100 kafirs and you will get the idea. Even if they are totally confused about Islam, there will emerge a general consensus of their concerns. And their concerns will not be entirely irrational, either. By the way, bigotry is hallal and I would like to say that I don't think you know Islam very well yourself: "Is it permissible for a Muslim to great a non-Muslim first? Praise be to Allaah. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about the ruling on greeting non-Muslims. He replied as follows: Greeting a non-Muslim first is haraam and is not permitted, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not initiate the greeting with the Jews and Christians, and if you meet them in the street push them towards the narrowest part of it.” But if they greet us we have to respond to them, because of the general meaning of the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally” [al-Nisa’ 4:86] The Jews used to greet the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) by saying, “Al-saam ‘alaykum ya Muhammad (Death be upon you, O Muhammad),” praying that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would die. So the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Jews say ‘al-saam ‘alaykum (death be upon you),’ so if they greet you, then say, ‘Wa ‘alaykum (and also upon you).’” If a non-Muslim greets a Muslim by saying “al-saamu ‘alaykum,” then we should respond by saying “wa ‘alaykum (and also upon you).” The fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said “wa ‘alaykum” indicates that if they were saying “al-salaamu ‘alaykum (peace be upon you),” then peace will also be upon them, i.e., whatever they say to us, we say to them. Hence some of the scholars said that if a Jew, Christian or other non-Muslim clearly says “al-salaamu ‘alaykum,” it is permissible for us to say “ ‘alaykum al-salaam (upon you be peace).” Similarly it is not permissible to initiate a greeting such as Ahlan wa sahlan (welcome) and the like, because that is a kind of honouring them. But if they say something like that to us, then we should say something similar to them, because the greeting should be returned in like manner and each person should be given his due. It is well known that the Muslims are higher in status before Allaah, so they should not humiliate themselves in front of non-Muslims by greeting them first. So, in conclusion, it is not permissible for us to greet non-Muslims first, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that, and because this is a humiliation for the Muslim when he starts to honour a non-Muslim. The Muslim is higher in status before Allaah, so he should not humiliate himself in this manner. But if we are greeted then we should return the greeting in similar terms. Similarly it is not permissible for us to greet them first with words such as Ahlan wa sahlan (welcome), Marhaban (hello) and so on, because that is a kind of honouring them, so it is like initiating the greeting of salaams with them. Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 3/33. If there is a need to greet a kaafir first, there is no sin in that, but it should be something other than the greeting of salaam, such as saying Ahlan wa sahlan or How are you, etc. In that case the greeting is for a reason, not to honour him. See al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah, 25/168. Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Zaad al-Ma’aad (2/424), concerning greeting a kaafir first: A group of scholars said: It is permissible to greet him first if that serves a purpose, or for fear of his harm, or because of blood ties, or for a reason that requires that. And Allaah knows best. Islam Q&A" Your mullahs know best.
  • I don't hate islam but I do distrust it. Don't feel singled out though... I don't trust Christianity either.
  • Ignorance and hatred go hand in hand.
  • Hi, Thebyann,How are you? Alan and Dave have just given the sort of answer I encounter regularly from my kufaar acquaintances: neither for nor against Islam (they don't want to guess), but they don't like the killing, irrationality and fanaticism. There were 18 Moslems murdered by suicide-bombing Moslems of a different sect today in Baghdad. That's the sort of thing people rightly hate. Murder is evil.
  • a lot people are afraid of what they don't know.
  • We're not ignorant of islam. And we hate it because a lot of muslims strap bombs to themselves and walk into shopping centres and blow themselves and innocent people up. They fly planes into towers. They bomb trains and busses. They fire bomb airports. So there's no ignorance here. And when I keep hearing and seeing this on the news, I hate the islamic religion even more.
  • Hitler greatly admired Islam's heartless warrior spirit. See: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1923233/posts Hitler said in 1943: “Nazis could be Moslems and Moslems could be Nazis.” (...because of the similar goals and methods of both groups) Himmler hated Christianity but he liked Islam. Goebbels said: “The National Socialist movement may be called ant-Semitic no longer, but only anti-Jewish. We have nothing against Arabs and other Semitics peoples….” Himmler's telegram to Mufti: "To the Grand Mufti: The National Socialist movement of Greater Germany has, since its inception, inscribed upon its flag the fight against the world Jewry. It has therefore followed with particular sympathy the struggle of freedom-loving Arabs, especially in Palestine, against Jewish interlopers. In the recognition of this enemy and of the common struggle against it lies the firm foundation of the natural alliance that exists between the National Socialist Greater Germany and the freedom-loving Muslims of the whole world. In this spirit I am sending you on the anniversary of the infamous Balfour declaration my hearty greetings and wishes for the successful pursuit of your struggle until the final victory. Reichsfuehrer S.S. Heinrich Himmler" Many Moslems proudly wore the Nazi uniform. Today Iranian Revolutionary Guards make the sieg heil nazi salute.
  • Dear Thebyann, How are you? You don't seem to know Islam very well. You wrote: Allah teaches that we should respect all christians and jews Islam teaches: It is an “honour” for Moslems to humiliate the kufaar: Prayer for the Cursing of Apostates and Polytheists O Allah may you make the apostates against each other and the polytheists against their likes and bring out the Unitarians from them safely, with their spoils, O Lord of Worlds, O Allah. May their women be widowed, may their children be orphaned, may their blood freeze in their veins, may their food be stuck in their inner testines. O Allah, destroy them make their miseries strong among them, O Allah grant us victory over them, O Allah send your punishment on them, bring division in the midst of their union, scattering them, disseminating their numbers. O Allah, grant us victory over them. O Allah may their snares be slaughtered and be scuttled within themselves. O Allah show us your power. O Mighty One and the Vanquisher, O Allah show us in them a dark day as in the day of A’ad and Thamud. O Allah, quake the earth under their feet, O Allah empower venomous creatures over them and send hail storms over them as you did over A’ad and Thamud and deliver them as captives in the hands of your believing slaves and humiliate the polytheists and, O Allah, lift up the banner of Islam … The Koran expressly excludes all dhimmis from taking any public office (Surah III.27, 114-115; V.56). Various Hadith (traditions) also forbid a Christian or a Jew to exercise any authority over a Muslim. In the Middle Ages, any appointment of a dhimmi to a high public office often resulted in public outcries, fanaticism, and violence. Make war on- 9:29 Make war on those who have received the Scriptures [Jews and Christians] but do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day. They do not forbid what Allah and His Messenger have forbidden. The Christians and Jews do not follow the religion of truth until they submit and pay the poll tax [jizya], and they are humiliated. "The honour of Islam lies in insulting kufr and kafirs. One who respects the kafirs dishonours the Muslims... The real purpose of levying jiziya on them is to humiliate them to such an extent that they may not be able to dress well and to live in grandeur. They should constantly remain terrified and trembling. It is intended to hold them under contempt and to uphold the honour and might of Islam." -Ahmad Sirhindi (1564-1624). After today there will no longer be two religions existing in Arabia. I descended by Allah with the sword in my hand, and my wealth will come from the shadow of my sword. And the one who will disagree with me will be humiliated and persecuted. (Ibn Hisham, The Life of Muhammad, 3rd ed., pt. 6, vol. 3 (Beirut, Lebanon: Dar-al-Jil, 1998), p. 8 Note: Mohammed commands you to "humiliate and persecute" everyone who disagrees with him.
  • Thebyann wrote: I am tired of your qualms. Dear Thebyann, Are you saying you have no empathy or compassion for the kufaar? That is what I am hearing. The point of the imam's answer in Islam Q&A is that a Moslem SHOULD NOT give honour to a kafir by greeting him first. "Honour" is about the same as "respect". In other words, the imam is saying the official teaching of Islam is NOT to respect non-Moslems, but to treat them as impure, second-class people...subhumans.
  • Dear Thebyann, How are you? There are lots of references in the Koran about hating the kufaar, about 61% of all the verses. It is remarkable, isn't it how much Allaah hates them? I would like you to learn more about Islam, because you don't seem to know that you are supposed to hate kafirs. Here it is: Love and Hate, Islamic Style... There is a concept in Islam called al-Walaa wal-Baraa. Walaa is basically allegiance or love (for Muslims). Baraa is enmity or hate (of kafirs). So the concept is to love Muslims and Islam and to hate kafirs and their civilization. Walaa and baraa are love and hate, Islamic style. Since Islam is based upon submission and duality, walaa and baraa are the perfect illustration of duality. To love believers and hate kafirs is pure dualism. But how important is walaa/baraa? A study of the Koran shows that its priorities are: · Allah is the only god · Mohammed is Allah's prophet · walaa/baraa It is a core principle of Islamic political doctrine. The Koran devotes over half of its words to how foul and evil the kafirs are. There is not one good or sympathetic word for the kafirs. If you don't believe Mohammed, then Allah hates you: 40:35 They who dispute the signs of Allah [kafirs] without authority having reached them are greatly hated by Allah and the believers. If Allah hates, then a Muslim should hate, as well. This hate is not due to moral failings. No, a kafir is hated for the simple reason that the kafir does not think that Mohammed is a prophet. [If Mohammed is not a prophet, then the Koran is fiction, and Islam is meaningless.] In the Sira we find that Islam destroys cultured, wise people of high moral standards because they do not believe Mohammed. It is not personal; it is simply Islam. I hope that helps you understand Islam. You should read the Koran in your mother tongue (not Arabic) and count how many angry verses there are on every page.
  • Dear Thebyann, How are you? I guess you don't know there are 4 accepted English translations of the Koran??? Here's another authorized translation by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall: 40.35 Those who wrangle concerning the revelations of Allah without any warrant that hath come unto them, it is greatly hateful in the sight of Allah and in the sight of those who believe. Thus doth Allah print on every arrogant, disdainful heart. That's a different interpretation again. About one Koranic verse out of four is not understandable in ancient Arabic, therefore all translators are guessing when they translate the Koran into English. That means hundreds and hundreds of guesses! If it cannot be understood in the original language it is not translatable! You really need to learn more about Islam and how the Koran is translated by the authorized Islamic scholars! Because there are mysterious words on every page, no one can be sure what it means.
  • Dear Thebyann, How are you? You should learn something about the process of translation. It is harder than you think. The Koran is written in a composite language with many foreign loan words in it. In addition, much of it has rare Arabic phrases no longer understood and words that are ungrammatical, misspelled and just plain strange. No one knows understands what these curiosities mean...except for the obvious...they are mistakes and mumbojumbo. I believe that Mohammed wrote and had written a number of portions of his addresses and sermons and people took notes of the rest. He made up Allah's revelations on an opportunistic basis like Jim Jones. All of these strange notes and pages were thrown together up to 150 years after his death and the result is a mediocre and incoherent jumble of fable, insupportable stupidity, and ranting. A German scholar wrote: "From the literary point of view, the Koran has little merit. Declamation, repetition, puerility, a lack of logic and coherence strike the unprepared reader at every turn. It is humiliating to the human intellect to think that this mediocre literature has been the subject of innumerable commentaries, and that millions of men are still wasting time absorbing it."
  • You sweet lttle thing, the Yemen.Dubai and the Arab Emirates.
  • Human's fear what they don't understand. And hate what they fear.
  • Dear Thebyeann, How are you? As you know, almost everything in Islam takes too long to read, because it is dualistic. There are two rules about almost everything, depending on which one is more opportune for Moslems. That is why it is OK to insult the kufaar most of the time, but when you need something, you can pretend to like them. You don't actually like them, because Allah hates them. Islam doesn't contain the Golden Rule and for me that is the most serious accusation against it and what is makes it false.
  • Dear Thebyeann, How are you? 1.I have made no insult to you, nor intended any. I merely disagree with Mohammed. I challenge your points with evidence...politely. 2.As far as your request that a)I be brief and b) give references is concerned...Islam is dualistic and bipolar: a statement and its opposite are often held to be equally true, depending on what is advantageous for Islam. Islamic answers require dozens of references just to make a small point, because the Hadiths and Koran are highly contradictory. One must also quote scholarly support of ulema (which I did...you didn't like it). Your 2 requests are dualistic and contradictory: a. I gave references to begin with, but you complained it was too long. b. I didn't give references to keep it short and you complained about that. Conclusions: you must want to complain that I disagree with Mohammed. You just make yourself look a bit unreasonable by doing this.
  • Hi Thebyann, How are you? Here is an answer about the very rich word "kafir"...with lots of references! KAFIR IS THE WORST WORD IN ANY LANGUAGE! Saying "kafir" is like saying "liar"...they are people who "cover up" the truth about Mohammed. The language of Islam is dualistic. There is never any reference to humanity as a unified whole. Instead there is a division into believers and kufaar (unbelievers). Humanity is not seen as one body, but is divided into whether the person believes Mohammed is the messenger of Allah or not. "Kafir" is what the Koran and Islam call the unbelievers. Kafir is the worst word in any language. A kafir is a dirty, ritually impure, disgusting subhuman. The Koran defines the kafir and says that the kafir should be: Hated- 40:35 They who dispute the signs of Allah [kafirs] without authority having reached them are greatly hated by Allah and the believers. So Allah seals up every arrogant, disdainful heart – of arrogant and obstinate transgressors. Mocked- 83:34 On that day the faithful will mock the kafirs, while they sit on bridal couches (while having sex) and watch them. Should not the kafirs be paid back for what they did? Punished- 25:77 Say to the kafirs: My Lord does not care for you or your prayers. You have rejected the truth, so sooner or later, a punishment will come. ("Punished" means killed.) Beheaded- 47:4 When you encounter the kafirs on the battlefield, cut off their heads until you have thoroughly defeated them and then take the prisoners and tie them up firmly. Confused- 6:25 Some among them listen to you [Mohammed], but We have cast veils over their [kafirs] hearts and a heaviness to their ears so that they cannot understand our signs [the Koran]. Plotted against- 86:15 They plot and scheme against you [Mohammed], and I plot and scheme against them. Therefore, deal calmly with the kafirs and leave them alone for a while. Terrorized- 8:12 Then your Lord spoke to His angels and said, "I will be with you. Give strength to the believers. I will send terror into the kafirs' hearts, cut off their heads and even the tips of their fingers!" Annihilated- 6:45 So the kafirs were annihilated. All praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.
  • If you don't believe in jihad or terrorism (same thing) you are not a Moslem. If you believe in jihad, you cannot believe in the Golden Rule.
  • Dear Schonberg, You seem to be a very nice chap, very sincere. (And thanks for your kind words.) You may not have been following the discussion in strict detail, but that is understandable. Even if you had, Islam is highly dualistic (even bipolar) in its logic and so it will seem very confusing and contradictory if you don't see the underlying ideas of duality and submission. Moslems have a choice to tell you whatever is advantageous for the good of Islam. It needn't even be true if is said to a kafir. A Moslem only needs to be truthful with another Moslem. That is "duality" of ethics. At long last, our precious correspondent, Thebyeann was very clear about it (and she totally surprised me!): She could not care less if you or I (as kafirs) respect her. We are such worthless, abject losers in the eyes of a real Moslem like her. Allah calls us "najis" filth. I on the contrary, as a Christian, believe each human life is exceedingly precious, even that of a serial killer. Even a psychopath can be touched by the love of God and be redeemed. But the God of Islam hates kufaar and wants Moslems to hate them too. This is the reverse of the Golden Rule. Your quote unfortunately refers only to Moslems "brother". A ritually impure "kafir" can never be addressed as "brother"...a Moslem cannot even salute a kafir respectfully. The Moslem is supposed to treat him at all times as an unclean inferior and make the kafir "submit" to the Moslem. Duality of ethical standards and submission. Moslems, like Thebyann, don't want your respect as a kafir, (she confessed) they want your "submission". That is the meaning of "Islam"...submission. So there is no Golden Rule in Islam, there cannot be...only a rule to treat members of "our" tribe..."brother" Moslems nicely. I encourage you NOT TO TAKE my word, but to do in-depth research on your own, as I have done. Here is an authentic Islamic saying from the contemporaries of Mohammed: "Tabari IX:69 "He who believes in Allah and His Messenger has protected his life and possessions from us. As for those who disbelieve, we will fight them forever in the Cause of Allah. Killing them is a small matter to us." How do you harmonize that with the Golden Rule? You can't. Jihad annuls it.
  • Dear Declic. Thank you for your very kind words and explaining to me how Thebyann the Christian convert too Islam see's other religions(the non believers).As I have stated in previous posts I have met many Muslims in South Arabia and the Persian Gulf and I found them to be very hospitable and friendly people.However I have never met any with such fanatical views as Thebyann.I do not dislike any religion and respect their beliefs,and I expect them to respect my own. Paragraph removed.
  • Ignorance often generates hate. Religion is a very controversial issue. Would it be better if people who knew Islam very well hated it?
  • Dear Schonberg, I think there are just as many nice Moslems as there are people of any other group. The explanation for this is simple: I believe we are all made in the image of God and the beauty of that image is reflected in every individual who has not hardened his heart to his fellow man or turned to self-righteousness, cruelty and harshness. Nice Moslems are nice not because of Islam, but in spite of it! Islam does not tell them to observe the Golden Rule, but jihad, which is the opposite of the Golden Rule. Nice Moslems have heard all about Islam, and in their hearts they reject it, saying, "Yeah, yeah...sure, sure!" They prefer to feel good about themselves and love other people. It is a natural response for all human beings! The human heart enjoys acting with kindness and fills us with joy, because the Creator made us to love our neighbour as our selves! It is only those Moslems who idolize the heartless psychopath Mohammed who become cruel. The more they idolize and imitate Mohammed, the more sadistic and hard-hearted they become. Mohammed's child bride, Aisha said, "His eye wept for no one." Can you imagine the person about whom this was said? That is the definition of a complete sociopath! Moslems are not to blame for Islam, rather they are its victims and we must look upon them with compassion, rather than condemnation! Your Near Eastern friends are nice because they do not follow Islam, they refuse to hate, and they do not wish to go on jihad and carry bombs into crowds of grannies and young children. They reflect the image of God. Their heart, not Islam, tells them it is right. Generally speaking, the less a Moslem practices Islam, the nicer and more open to outsiders he will be.
  • Dear iwnit, More hatred is not the answer. We should love a sinner who murders, but deplore his sin. Hate is a strong word that often leads to feelings of victimization and the self-righteous response of retaliation. Moslems use Palestine as an excuse to behave inhumanly and without any conscience! We should never do anything unethical, because it will not be effective! Moslems are victims of Islam. They are sucked into it and kept in it by its mind-control and information-control. They are given no choice but to "submit" their intelligence to this nonsense or be murdered by a member of this death cult! Most chose to shut up! We must compassionately speak with them, challenge these absurd ideas and help them become "deprogrammed" from all the messages of cruelty and hate.
  • Declic, I have met some very nice Arab Muslims and many from Pakistan and I know that there are good and bad people in every religion. I have never actually met any bad Moslems,but have only seen the fanatical ones on television particularly the ones who protest in London and burn effigies of world political leaders.This however is against the law but the police for some reason seem reluctant to arrest them. The British government has just agreed with the British Muslims to certain parts of Sharia Law to be implemented in Britain as they feel that some offences could be dealt better with by them. Is it Mohammed who wrote some of the things in the Qu'ran which I have read such as the non believers will go to hell and have only scalding hot water to quench their thirst,and is he talking about other religions other than Islam? I must admit the chapters of the Qu'ranwere very pleasant to read and I formed the opinion that it had been written by different people, and I ask if this is true.
  • maybe because all we see in the news is ya'll strapping on bombs and blowing up people
  • my partner is muslim and hes the kindest man ive ever known he gets on with everyone regardless of their faith ,im christian but i have found islam can be ignorant towards the christian faith ,ive been with my partner for 14 years ,im not racist at all im just being truthfull about what i think.
  • Dear Shady, Do you mean news stories like the terrorists in Mumbai, India today? A hundred killed, hundreds injured? Almost every day, Islamic jihadists kill in the name of Allah. How can such a belief be valid? Does terrorism reflect "respect" of others? Why is there no massive outcry, marching in the streets, protests by Moslems, demands that the jihadists stop? Jihad is an integral and the most important part of political Islam. Killing infidels guarantees a Moslem will go to paradise with all the fringe benefits! Did you see the picture of the young terrorist, his hideous sadistic grin? Nothing could explain jihad better than his grin. It was the look of a narcissistic psychopath! These killer zombies have lost the ability of rational thought. They are imitating their idol Mohammed.
  • Who is so knowledgeable about the three major monotheistic religions? Hate the sin and not the sinner, as the saying goes. But, the History of those three religions is so full of hatred, violence, intolerance that I can't help wondering: Isn't there something essentially EVIL about those beliefs? Is it good for the world we live in TODAY 2008 to keep dogmas written by goat herders 1600, 1800, 2300 years ago?
  • Dear Hypatia, I appreciate your point that religion is used to motivate people to do evil. But that is confusing cause and effect. This fallacy in thinking is called "post hoc ergo propter hoc". If people who developed cancer all lived near a red mail box, we should not conclude that red mail boxes cause cancer! There is zero connection between the Golden Rule and murder, or the Buddhist teaching of compassion, or the Hindu idea of not harming any living thing. There is, however, a direct connection between jihad and terrorism. Good Moslems go on jihad in order to imitate their idol Mohammed, who murdered, had killed, raped, and committed genocide and ethnic cleansing. When a Moslem does these things in the name of Allah, it is a pious act that guarantees them the first place in paradise. When Christians disobey the Golden Rule, they are denying the central commandment of their religion. There is no need for people to appeal to religion for an excuse for lust, greed, dominance, pride or sadism. These things come to people naturally, but when a sociopathic personality like Adolf Hitler comes onto the scene, they will say or do whatever is effective to confuse and manipulate people. In the beginning, Hitler told many lies, he said a Christian should hate Jews. Then he murdered millions of Christians, because so many of them opposed him. However, Hitler loved Islam. Moslems proudly wore the nazi uniform in special Islamic regiments. No one has used the Buddhist doctrine of compassion to wage war, no Hindus have claimed that respect for all living things means starting a world war, but Islamic dictators, especially in Iran, have called for a world war to destroy Israel and usher in the universal world-wide Islamic state. No one disagrees that there are many blots on history caused by the perverted use of religion to support the power of powerful families! What we are discussing here is the official role jihad plays in the Islamic political doctrine of world supremacy.
  • Dear Steve, It is easy to think this is a universal statement, but it only applies to Moslems. No kafir is a "brother" of a Moslem and Moslems may not even greet you (that is, say "hello") in the first-class way he greets Moslem "brothers". A pious Moslem is supposed to show the kafir his inferiority even by such a simple thing as a greeting! A kafir is filth and is not the Moslem's "brother" in any way. Please read this link: wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_the_golden_rule_in_the_Koran
  • If you tell someone a lie often enough they will eventually believe it to be true, propagating that Islam and not geopolitical issues are the cause of violence and by making it appear that Muslims are bloodthirsty people who want to oppress women and subgigate non-Muslim men brings the ignorant masses to the understanding that Islam is completely different from what it is. I however am one Muslim who almost welcomes the endless bashing simply because the more intellegent people in the community hear the propaganda the more they become interested in learning the facts, when they read the translated Qur'an for themselves they see beyond the lies and this is why we now see more and more North Americans converting to Islam. The less intellegent stay ignorant and worship celbrities and the more intellegent embrace Islam or at least come to understand it.
  • Dear AMIRA-NICHOLLE, You are making a straw man and knocking him down. No one wishes to "make it appear" that Moslems are bloodthirsty. We merely quote the bloodthirsty verses from the Koran, Hadiths and the mullahs, imams and ayatollahs who are the authentic sources of Islam. They do not say, "Love the kufar!" They say "Kill the kufar!" "The purest joy in Islam is to kill and be killed for Allah." - Ayatollah Khomeini “Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those [who say this] are witless. Islam says: Kill all the unbelievers just as they would kill you all! Does this mean that Muslims should sit back until they are devoured by [the unbelievers]? Islam says: Kill them, put them to the sword and scatter [their armies]….Islam says: Whatever good there is exists thanks to the sword and in the shadow of the sword! People cannot be made obedient except with the sword! The sword is the key to Paradise, which can be opened only for the Holy Warriors! There are hundreds of other ayahs and hadiths urging Muslims to value war and to fight. Does all this mean that Islam is a religion that prevents men from waging war? I spit upon those foolish souls who make such a claim.” -Ayatollah Khomeini "The purest joy in Islam is to kill..." How do you relate that to the Golden Rule?
  • JIHAD: A STATISTICAL ANALYSIS What is the real jihad, the jihad of inner, spiritual struggle or the jihad of war? Let’s turn to Bukhari (the Hadith) for the answer, as he repeatedly speaks of jihad. In Bukhari 97% of the references to jihad are about war and 3% are about the inner struggle. So the statistical answer is that jihad is 97% war and 3% inner struggle. Is jihad holy war? Yes—97% of the time. Is jihad inner struggle? Yes—3%.. You should not make up and invent what you want to be true, but assess, weigh, count and analyse what is! Over 61% of the Koran is hatred of the kufaar. It is basically a troop motivator to tempt and goad young men to commit jihad, holy war of extermination and genocide.
  • Dear Mystical, Mystical wrote: "Muslims can deny it all they like but the truth must be told." I have found you are right. When confronted with the facts, Moslems immediately go into denial. A similar thing happens with the discovery of terminal illness. Most patients go through 5 stages of grief before accepting it. Discussing Islam with a Muslim is like going through the Five Stages of Grief over and over: Five Stages of Grief. 1. Denial and Isolation. 2. Anger. 3. Bargaining. 4. Depression. 5. Acceptance. The one caveat is you rarely get past 3. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. No matter how many Islamic errors and contradictions you show a Muslim, they will either deny the facts, get angry at you for pointing them out or start lying and bargaining their way through it in hopes that everything will go away. Their lying can go on a long time, and I've found a common theme of dishonesty when arguing religion with a Muslim. With about 75% of them, I've found that they run away when faced with the facts. The pattern is repeatable. They will initially argue back using many logical fallacies. Once you point out the issues clearly a second time or third time, they will start name calling and halt discussion simultaneously.
  • INNER JIHAD IS NOT "GREATER JIHAD" BUT COMES FROM FORGED HADITHS Dear AMIRA-NICHOLLE Violent, aggressive jihad is the "most noble of actions", the "highest deed" in Islam, the "camel's hump", the "highest peak of Islam". Nothing is more certain in Islam. You need to learn more about Islam. Not only is violent jihad the supreme deed of this supremacist cult, it is supreme in honour and supreme in its rewards! You should not simply make assumptions and present them as fact. The hadith you failed to quote (but vaguely assumed) is a forgery which also contradicts Mohammed himself. You were too lazy to look it up, but I knew what you meant anyway. It appears I may know more about Islam than you do. You have made about 7 fallacious arguments in succession...i.e. attacking the person's character, appealing to anonymous authority, appealing to style over substance, hasty generalization, slothful induction, the fallacy of exclusion, the self-accepting fallacy, as well as self-referential inconsistency. You have not done the smallest amount of research, but have merely assume what you surmise is true and present it as fact. This is the lazy man's approach. You really should do some work and learn more about Islam, but I doubt you will. You seem to have a collection of assumptions backed up with a superiority complex. That combination will get you into trouble. The textual criticism of the Koran and Hadiths is deep waters and apparently, you have yet to even dip your toe in the shallow end. Here is why "inner jihad" is "innovation" (bida): The idea that inner jihad is "the greater jihad" is considered a "weak" or "false" isnad, that is, the chain of narration is spurious. It has been forged by certain Islamic polemicists to defend the position taken by their political party. Moreover, it contradicts Mohammed, so it is obviously forged. Violent, aggressive "outer" jihad is demonstrably the "greater" jihad based on the words of Mohammed. Mohammed's opinion of jihad: A man asked the Prophet: What is Jihad? He (s.a.w) replied: “To fight against the disbelievers when you meet them (on the battlefield).” The man asked: “What kind of Jihad is the highest?” He (s.a.w) replied: “The person who is killed whilst spilling the last of his blood” Bukhari [Volume 4, Hadith 44] from Abu hurairah (r.a.a) , who said: A man came to Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w) and said, “Guide me to such a deed as equals Jihad (in reward).” He replied, “I do not find such a deed.” Muslim [Hadith No. 4636] from Abu Hurairah (r.a.a), who said: The Prophet (s.a.w) was asked: “O Rasulullaah! What deed could be an equivalent of Jihad Fi Sabilillaah?” He answered: “You do not have the strength to do that deed.” The narrator said: They repeated the question twice or thrice. Every time he answered: “You do not have the strength to do it.” When the question was asked for the third time, he said: “One who goes out for Jihad is like a person who keeps fasts, stands in prayer (constantly), (obeying) Allah’s (behests contained in) the Aayah (of the Qur’an), and does not exhibit any lassitude in fasting and praying until the Mujahid returns from Jihad Fi Sabilillaah. Purpose of Jihad is Political Supremacy Koran 2:193 Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God’s religion reigns supreme. But if they desist, fight none except the evil doers. Contradiction of Mohammed Your idea that "inner jihad" is somehow "greater" denies the words of Allah's messenger. This is blasphemous innovation. A person guilty of innovation or contradicting Mohammed should be killed. It turns out that your Hadith is weak, because within its isnad there is a narrator by the name of Khalaf bin Muhammad bin Ismail al Khiyam who according to Al-Hakim: “His Hadiths are unreliable.” And Abu Ya’la al Khalili says: “He often adulterates, is very weak and narrates unknown Hadith.” [Mashariul ‘Ashwaq ila Masuril ‘Ushshaq 1/31] Al-Hakim and Ibnu Abi Zur’ah state: “We often write statements from Khalaf bin Muhammad bin Ismail only as an example, and we remove ourselves of responsibility from him.” [Mizanul I’tidal 1/662] And even more doubtful than that, there is within the isnad of this Hadith a narrator by the name of Yahya bin Al Ula Al Bajili who according to Imam Ahmad is a known Kadhdhaab -liar-, and forger of Hadith. Also, Amru bin Ali, An Nasai and Daruqutni state: “His Hadith are renounced.” Ibnu Adi states: “His Hadith are false.” [Ref: Tahdhibut Tahdhib 11/261-262] Ibnu Taimiyyah states: “There is a Hadith related by a group of people which states that the Prophet (s.a.w) said after the battle of Tabuk: ‘We have returned from Jihad Asghar to Jihad Akbar’. This hadith has no source, nobody whomsoever in the field of Islamic Knowledge has narrated it. Jihad against the disbelievers is the most noble of actions, and moreover it is the most important action for the sake of mankind.” [Refer: Al Furqan baina Auliyair Rahman wa Auliyaisy Shaitaan, matter 44-45]. On the basis of the above statements we can conclude by saying, that the evidence used as proof or the basis for establishing that Jihad against disbelievers on the battlefield is Jihad Asghar and Jihad against the desires and Shaitaan is Jihad Akbar, are weak if not false Hadith. There is a long, history in Islam of opportunistic fabrication: if a teacher didn’t know the answer or wanted a different one, he made one up and generations quoted his fabrication. Bukhari threw out about 500,000 forged hadiths. Internal evidence shows many of the hadiths he retained are fake also.
  • INDIAN GIRL ABANDONING ISLAM CONFIRMS EVERYTHING I HAVE BEEN SAYING (Following please read a confession from Yahoo answers.) I have now left Islam. I cannot take it anymore? What do you think? Please try to understand me. I am an Indian Muslim girl. But I cannot take it anymore. I have been disillusioned by Islam, its teachings and ideologies for a while now. The teachings about a woman's testimony being worth half, 4 wives, right hand possessions, killing kaffirs, etc have kept bugging me for a long time. Add to this the fact that husbands can beat wives to discipline them (even lightly is wrong), women cannot mix with non-mahram men (how can they work then??), and the list goes on. But the Islamic ideology yesterday attacked Mumbai, my city. Islam has a complex. It has a complex of trying to reign supreme and of warring all the time. It creates divides among people - the concept of Dhimmitude, "Darul Harb vs Darul Islam", the injustices of shariah law which Muhammad himself ordered. I cannot be a Muslim anymore. What do you Muslims think of my reasons? I have made it as short as possible. How can some Muslims falsely say that what I have said is not Islam? Polygamy is part of Islam. So is beating of wives, and right hand possessions, dhimmitude, and darul harb vs darul islam. If you think these are not in Islam, YOU need to do research and LEARN what being a true muslim is. Look at 4:34, 4:3, 2:282 for a start. And then talk. Don't be mean personally to me. I am going through a tough time now with all emotions.
  • Most people do not understand or have not read any islamic texts, and there fore they see islam and the taliban as one and the same. If they would read the text then they would see what people in the reformation should have seen about the Catholic church.
  • iam not ignorant of Islam, iam a Coptic and i live in Egypt and speak fluent arabic and read all the books of Islam and i hate it.
  • Unfortunately, most people look at the actions of the "few" and then judge the rest accordingly. There will always be the ..good, the bad, and the ugly in every nationality, race, religion..etc.
  • Islam does not mean peace. It means submission to hate, kill everyone who is not muslim. Islam is a purely evil. Muslims are VICTIMS of brainwashed for 1,400 years and going on. Islam can not give peace to us. ONLY God gives us peace. I hope that God will make islam religous to disappear in after 2020's.
  • I'm ignorant towards Islam and I'm not hating it.
  • Post removed

Copyright 2017, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy