ANSWERS: 4
  • I don't know about that. But I do believe that we should focus on eliminating the speculation of or appearance of voter fraud. Should be able to call the Presidency within a week.
    • DancesWithWolves
      Yes I agree but many African American's came out to vote they are tried of the racist President Trump was towards them
    • Archie Bunker
      @Dances - More blacks voted for Trump in 2020 than voted for him in 2016. Not sure how that happened if they thought he was racist towards them. And despite the media telling you otherwise, he picked up significantly on the latino vote also. And women.
    • Archie Bunker
      @black - I agree. But everyone should wait until the electors actually cast their ballots instead of going off of media projections.
  • No. If you did that only the big cities would have their say. rural areas wouldn't be represented. That's why it was created to begin with. They should do away with trying to cheat. This Venezuelan software designed to keep people in office illegally should never have been brought here. Laws shouldn't have been ILLEGALLY changed by people who have no legal right to change these voting laws at the last minute. Dead people should not be sent absentee ballots. The crimes need to be prosecuted and We The People should be able to have confidence and faith in our voting system.
  • Yes. We should go by popular vote. Every vote should count equally.
  • Nope. The Founders put the electoral college in there specifically to avoid a popular vote for President. It encourages the presidential candidates to campaign and talk to people in every state, not just the big cities where the majority of the population is clustered. There is a reason that we are a republic and not a democracy. The Founders did not want mob rule.
    • AskingForaFriend
      But our current system encourages presidential candidates to focus on battleground states while mostly ignoring the rest of the country. And isn't the purpose of a vote to end up with a winning majority? Why slant things towards one minority but not others?
    • Archie Bunker
      That's actually not true. There are a lot of "battleground" states that need to be visited and campaigned in, not just one or two. And they also have to hit the big states hard, like California, New York, Florida. The electoral college encourages moderation in a party's platform and aims to keep the contest between two parties. While some people don't like the two party system either, it's important in American politics where if that didn't exist, we could have 100 people on the ballot for President where one candidate could get 2% of the vote and win, alienating the other 98%. The electoral college is an amazing piece of American government, especially considering that there were only 13 colonies when it was established.

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy