• It sure as hell ain't by making enemies of long time allies, and sucking up to dictators ! If he cares so much about all the "poor" people and veterans sleeping on the street, in his own country, why is it he won't even disclose his own tax returns ? He is going to kill so many US businesses and jobs with his tariffs , that 6 million off welfare is never going to happen. It's only going to get worse.
      Ok since you've drug your bash Trump agenda here and didn't even bother attempting to answer the question asked I'll play along enough to say American tariffs are some of the lowest in the world excepting maybe half a dozen that are lower and Trumps job is not to please other countries. Its to do what is best for Americans. The numbers that matter to me including unemployment, crime rates, economy, etc continue getting better so I think a just wait and see attitude is called for where this is concerned as well. I think Trump bashers do so from feelings rather than facts.
      Actually I did answer your question in an indirect way. You encourage world trade which in turn enhances business and that creates jobs. I've always admired American patriotism, but you're wrong about those of us who see Trump for what he really is, it might sting but the facts are there, you just need to look deep enough before he flushes you down the toilet. You can't believe the numbers Trump comes out with because he makes them up as he goes along and he lies constantly. He isn't doing what's best for Americans, he's doing what's best for himself & his rich buddies. His attitude is "all for me, and none for you" and that doesn't include welfare and low income Americia . It doesn't work that way in the real world.. In the real world, one hand scratches the other, you need trade partners to fill each others shortfalls and enhance business by opening new markets. Trump has wrongly isolated the US from your allies and the rest of the world, while thinking he can have his cake and eat it too. Try doing some real fact checking on your own. Nobody wins a trade war but trump has started one with the world, and Trump/USA certainly won't win one either. American business can't afford to swallow billions of dollar losses. You're right about one thing - let's wait a month or two and revisit the question. Deny it all you want right now, but mark my words .. at that time you will be taken back when you see how many farmers, and businesses have been hurt by Trumps tariffs, it's already started. It won't be long before you see a massive increase in unemployment as businesses fold up because you won't be able to pay skyrocketing prices. The increase in crime will soon follow when people can't afford to eat. Does that sound like "winning bigly" to you ?
      The numbers didn't come from Trump. They come from the same organizations that have always published them. And now that you mention it our unemployment rate can hardly go down from 3.9%! I have no doubt Trump is looking out for himself and other rich people. They pay taxes, start businesses, hire people, and make purchases that stimulate the economy etc. But it also gives people hope that if they work hard they can reap benefits from that instead of paying an unfair proportion in taxes.
      No, the numbers Trump quotes are not from fact, they come from whatever he makes up. As I said .. let's give tariffs a couple of months, and as much as you don't want to believe it ... you will see your unemployment rates increase as your businesses go to their knees. The rich don't give a shit about the little guy. They will protect themselves first and hide their money off shore, leaving you holding the bag.
      I already clearly stated it WAS NOT TRUMP I QUOTED. And he doesn't make them up. He's quoting the Department of Labor Statistics u3 figure. Are you more inclined to believe the U6? Or does Canada make up its own statistics? What source do you deem correct for our unemployment statistics?
      What do Trump's tax returns have to do with welfare reform?
  • Education, though for many it's too late: few employers hire older people with no work history, or older people in general.
      I agree, it's too late. If an older intelligent, and experienced worker has taken 5 years off to look after an ailing parent and wants to return to the work force ... they are deemed as not having enough time left to make any significant contribution first of all, and also deemed as their past experience is irrelevant. Which is also a crock of shit !
      The older generation is not the only one! I agree education and training helps, but is that the responsibility of our government, the employers, or the individual?
      As for the older generations I think if they want a job they need to learn computer basics. I think that is one way to make yourself more employable. Also I think there are some employers who are savvy enough to see their value! Especially if they do have plenty of life and work experience.
      Put yourself up for the challenge, and see how far you get. Be prepared for another disappointment. Wishing it to be ... will not make it happen. But I sincerely wish you good luck.
      Put myself up for what challenge? I'm not currently able to work. When I could I did. I was underemployed and sometimes worked 2 and 3 jobs at a time. Even while I was in the Navy I had two home businesses.
  • He can do it quite easy as there are over 2000 concentration camps already built and waiting to be filled. these camps will make what Hitler did during WWII look like child's play. UN Agenda 21 of which Bush approved and Clinton made law by executive order will be the reason to open the doors of those camps. Trump could open these camps and take 6 million off the welfare rolls in a matter of a few weeks paving his deadly way to making America great again. Don't be fooled by this saying.
      So you're saying he's going to put these people to work in the concentration camps? You're getting more unbelievable every day.
      No, those placed there will never come out but will be put to death. Maybe to you I am unbelievable but I have researched this since before the year 2000. here is but one site:https://www.prisonplanet.com/camp-fema-exposing-the-government-plan-for-political-concentration-camps.html
      You might want to watch this if you can. https://www2.bing.com/videos/search?q=agenda+21&qft=+filterui%3amsite-youtube.com&view=detail&mid=04BDCF0F7F715800196C04BDCF0F7F715800196C&&FORM=VRDGAR
    • TBO
      I know agenda 21 is real.Why you think Trump is denying climate change,defying the EU .etc? He knows the steps they need to take.if he stays in agenda 2030 will not be complete on time.
  • Apparently we need people to work in the fields.
      We're going to need people to work all kinds of jobs that the illegal immigrants were filling before Trump slowed the flow. Unfortunately most Americans are too picky for most of those!
  • Creating effective job training and other work programs. In the mean time keeping the safety net. Until people on welfare are working they need the safety net of SNAP, Medicaid, welfare. IOW what are they going to do while training for work? They need to eat, get health care while training.
      Thank you for giving a thoughtful answer!
  • universal basic income
      I think you missed the word independent! Where do you expect that magical money to come from? People need to work for wages!
      Everybody should sit and home and get a basic income! Right up until the point that no one works. Great plan!
  • probably to give us jobs, some of us get help from welfare cause of people refusing to give us a chance
      Why should the government give you a job? It's your responsibility to go get one yourself.
  • Drug testing and job requirements
  • Separate their children from their families.
  • Save billions and end Corporate Welfare, reverse the 1.5 trillion giveaway to the rich (you can't budget on trickle down economics which very rarely reaches the employees) publicly funded education. Develop a public works program that renews our infrastructure.. And lastly stop judging and blaming those that have so little for the borrow-and-spend government.
  • By letting those who live in Section 8 tell HUD what is wrong and be given privacy and freedom.I know of not one person living in rat holes that trusts any agency.why work for 10 an hour when you'll lose everything that's free? All you give up is freedom and dignity if you have it.
  • "I believe the best social program is a job." - The Gipper
  • If you are on welfare and are able to work a job would be the best. Next you could have a choice: work or go to school and maintain a c average to stay on welfare. Get that AA and you should be able to take care of yourself with the right academic guidance from the educational system.