• If everyone else is driving one.....meaning if you take the human drivers off the road, I'm game. I can imagine me driving along and then here comes a crazy driver.
  • I wouldn't want to ride in one!
  • I've driven somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 million miles and can tell you about a lot of stupid shit I've seen on the road, and I'm not really in favor of self driving vehicles. In a constant and perfect world they would marvelous. But we don't live in a perfect world and there are just too many variable factors to take into consideration. Some examples might be - overloading weight capacity limits, power and braking ability when faced with wildlife crossing your path. The ability to negotiate extreme hairpin turns, severe inclines (both up and down). How will they react to tire puncture at highway speed? What happens when a mechanical or even a sensor failure occur and the vehicle just stops dead in the road? Then of course there's good old mother nature - let's throw a blinding snow storm into all the situations I've already mentioned and how do you suppose you'll fair then ?