• murder lies divorce
  • All sin is equal in the eyes of God...Man grades the severity of sin to rationalize and justify his own sin in comparison to others to try to lessen his own guilt!
  • Killing an animal
  • no one will ever know. but thats not important, the most important thing is how we treat each other, not what way a god might think we do.
  • Not realizing He resides in you. Behaving without this realization.
  • Sin is sin. Idolatry is up there. My 2 cents.
  • To not believe the one He sent Jesus the way the truth and the life!
    • pugwashjw65
      MORE than just belief is required...obedience is...Matthew 28: 19,20
  • Only God could answer that accurately. I would never presume to know, except for myself. And I still don't know. To me, sin is "Missing the mark." God will speak to our hearts to help us recognize when we are on the path and when we have lost our way.
    • pugwashjw65
      HE has...via the Bible...the instructions are very plain to see....Matthew 28: 19,20...and if you do this, you help fulfill Matthew 24:14. This present world system is headed for the scrapheap...governmental and false religion... (Revelation 20:10) And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulfur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet already were; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. The ' wild beast' [ governments ] and the 'false prophet' [ false religion]
    • pugwashjw65
      And there is not much point in Jehovah understanding his own directions and NOT letting us know what he wants done.
  • wasting chocolate
  • Any sin that kills the relationship between God and the person. Catholics call this mortal sin. 1 John 5:16-17 - If anyone sees his brother sinning, if the sin is not deadly, he should pray to God and he will give him life. This is only for those whose sin is not deadly. There is such a thing as deadly sin, about which I do not say that you should pray. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that is not deadly. Catholics believe: Mortal sin is a grave infraction of the law of God that destroys the divine life in the soul of the sinner (sanctifying grace), constituting a turn away from God. For a sin to be mortal, three conditions must be present: grave matter, full knowledge of the evil of the act, and full consent of the will. Venial sin is a sin which does not destroy the divine life in the soul, as does mortal sin, though it diminishes and wounds it. Venial sin is the failure to observe necessary moderation, in lesser matters of the moral law, or in grave matters acting without full knowledge or complete consent. But continual venial sin can slowly but surely totally separate you from God, placing you into the state of mortal sin. For more information, see the Catechism of the Catholic Church, sections 1854 and following: http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/pt3sect1chpt1art8.shtml#1854 With love in Christ.
  • Harming others in His name!
  • God doesn't exist. I cannot answer your question truthfully in any other way.
  • All sin is sin to God. 1John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer.
  • Apparently, all sins are equal. I don't remember the exact passage where it says that, but if I find some spare time I'll find it and put it in a comment. So yeah, eating shellfish and wearing a cotton/polyester blend is just as abominable as homosexuality. Christians should bear this in mind when they wear their cotton/poly pants whilst chastising the gays... :P
  • Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit You turn your back on God.
  • First of all, any religious question should be a sincere search for TRUTH. The worst sin must be to refuse to believe on Christ Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Because he, Jesus Christ, is the only way you can come to God and have all and any of your sins forgiven! Now as for as one individual sin being worst than another. The traditional answer is that sin is sin and no different to God. However, the bible, God's Word gives us a different answer. IJohn 5:16 speaks of a "sin not unto death" and a "sin unto death" therefore ranking some sins worst than others. A scriptural search of God's dealing with man in biblical history also bears this out. For example in Genesis Chapters 18 and 19 we see God dealing with Abraham and the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. God knows the whole of mankind is sinful and wickedness is every where and in every city. So God's dealing with Abraham is to through him start a nation and through that nation (Israel) send his Son, Jesus to be the Savior of the world. God's mind is on working out this plan, but, Gen. 18:20 declares "The Lord said the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great and their sin(one in particular)is very grievous". And Gen. 19:4-11 reveal that sin to be homosexuality and it had consumed both cities. God himself burned both cities into the ground. A continual search of scripture will show it is true, one sin can be worst to God than another.
  • Say's in the bible that Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost is the one sin that is unforgivable, sure hope not, wouldn't think anything was unforgivable with the unconditional love of God.
  • all are same..none no one worse than other.lie is same as murder..but both can be forgiven...maybe the ones that are more personal TOWARD HIM..the 1st 4 Commandments?? but I can only say , the Bible says there is only 1 that HE will NOT forgive ,blasphemy of the Holy Spirit...for me, this is denying HIM and HIS POWER, which is the Holy Spirit..not recognizing it...Father and Holy Spirit are ONE
  • Blasphmay but i think Abortion should be. Think about it. It like seeing a baby on the side of the street and injecting it with poison until it dies.
  • (Proverbs 6:16-19) There are six things that Jehovah does hate; yes, seven are things detestable to his soul: 17 lofty eyes, a false tongue, and hands that are shedding innocent blood, 18 a heart fabricating hurtful schemes, feet that are in a hurry to run to badness, 19 a false witness that launches forth lies, and anyone sending forth contentions among brothers.
  • as far as I know, the only unforgivable sin (according to the bible) is to use the name of God in vain. murder, rape and pillage can be forgiven, but dare you say a word in vain and it's off to hell with you .....
  • God has no eyes. He's an invisible spirit that lives only in your imagination.  
  • If God was the creator of all and those who commit sin (mankind) ... Then would God himself not be the greatest committer of sin by his creation and lack of force to control those he created and their sins ... Abortion is the greatest sin of all ... no crime is greater than preventing a life at its start by those who already enjoy a life of their own ... Peace.
  • dying in debt.
  • Original Question: "What sin is the worst in God's eyes? By The Sheep" my answer: gave you 2 pts i.e. 46 to 48pts in case that is what you seek: The worst thing you can do is Turn away from God i.eturning away from your prayer and daily life relationship with him. Previous answers 7,8,9,18 and 22 may be attempts to explain this but with different terms and or wording. A person does not have to worry about sin & going to false heaven or hell etc until after puberty and aborted babies go to heaven (see 2nd Samuel 12:23 if you agree King David went to heaven). Also, remember old testament statement "remember not the sins of my youth". I believe this could be translated remember not the sins of my teen and early twenty years etc. Since many people as they get older learn to avoid from experience the bigger sins experimented with as young adults. Bible considers adulthood as after puberty takes place.
  • I couldn't possibly answer because I am not God
  • "Blaspheming the holy spirit", whatever that means, if a certain part of the Bible is to be believed.
  • WHO is mentioned in Revelation? People? No. Religions controlled by 'certain' people? Yes. (Revelation 18:4-5) And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. (Revelation 14:8) And another, a second angel, followed, saying: “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, she who made all the nations drink of the wine of the anger of her fornication!” Rev 18;9 Babylon the Great was remembered in the sight of God, to give her the cup of the wine of the anger of his wrath. (Revelation 17:5) And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery: “Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth.” And this Babylon is described by her apparel... (Revelation 17:4) And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and was adorned with gold and precious stone and pearls and had in her hand a golden cup that was full of disgusting things and the unclean things of her fornication. WHAT religion dresses its people in those colours???? Purple, Scarlet, Gold... I rest my case.
  • Blashemy of the Holy Spirit is the only unforgivable sin listed in the Bible. So that is the worst.
  • Worshipping anything besides him, this is the #1 Sin
  • Sinning against the Holy Spirit (finally rejecting forgiveness) - read your Bible.
  • You would have to ask God, but I would think Murder would top the list because that life can no longer lead the life he/she was given.
  • Sinning..."against the spirit"... Judas Escariot was guilty of this...betraying Jesus... Judas will not be resurrected... regardless of what Acts 24:.15 says... (Acts 24:15) and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous. What Judas did was worse than just being unrighteous...
      Everyone will be resurrected and must stand before the judgement bar of God. Where they go after depends on them.
  • According to the Bible, denial of the Holy Ghost is the only unforgivable sin after you've been blessed with the gift of the Holy Ghost and you know it's real and then you deny it that's denial of the Holy Ghost. But other than that all sin is the same in God's eyes.
  • Associating partners with him.
  • Having been told the truth...and doing nothing about it... Just like the Jewish Pharisees... For 1500 years they had in their possession the Old testament...telling about the coming of a Messiah [ Jesus ] and all they did was load down the people with tradition... (Matthew 15:3) In reply he said to them:
  • Rejecting God as in not worshipping God is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and the worst sin. there was an instance where the unbelievers accused Christ of casting out the devil by the devil, rejecting Christ, Christ said them they are blaspheming the Holy Spirit, as in that rejecting God by rejecting Christ, a sinfull state of beeing that will not be forgiven, except someone might quit that sin, else there would be nobody who would be saved.
  • nnurder
  • It would have to be...in possession of the scriptures and disobeying them... Murder is very bad but can be rectified in the resurrection....by Jehovah replacing that life lost...but disobedience?,,,and then spouting that you are doing God's will ???] Matthew 28; 19,20....the whole RCC is condemned...AS " Babylon the Great". plus all the other religions, eastern and western, not being obedient.
  • All sin declared by the Lord God is the same He does not grade on a sliding scale. With that said many sins the church and man say are sins are not sins in the Bible, they are man made man declared sins. Man started the "sin principle". Churches declared many things sin so they could "charge" indulgence to those the church said had sinned to make money for the church. If the Lord God did not declare something a sin it is not a sin. It is impossible to violate a law that does not exist. Learn what the Lord God declared a sin in His book the Bible.
  • I would say adultery
      Do you know the original definition of adultery as given in the Bible or do you only know today's meaning? Does adultery always mean intercourse? Without this knowledge how can you state adultery is the worst sin? Please read my comment just above yours.
  • lying...like when Satan told Eve that she would not die when she disobeyed...*** Bible Citations *** (Genesis 2:16, 17) Jehovah God also gave this command to the man:
  • Failing to make your pastor a multimillionaire like Reverends Billy Graham, Pat Robertson, Joel Olsteen, Jim Bakker, Oral Roberts, Elmer Gantry, etc.!
  • All sin leads to death. However, we can be saved from sin and death through the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ (Romans 5:12,6:23). The Bible does refer to a sin that “will not be forgiven” - Matthew 12:31, Luke 12:10.