• Thats a myth we use all of our brain the thing is that every part of the brain has an specific task to do so we use 100% of our brains to function properly.
  • We use 100% our brain , but only maybe 10% of its capacity. What would distinguishe the genius who uses maybe 20% of the capacity of their brain is an increased curiousity plus an urge to express or create. We all have basic curiousity, but for most part it is secondary, such as unimportant curiosity promoted by newspapers as to who is getting married to who etc. Modern technology and developments makes our brains even more lazy. For example GPS tells us which turning to take, no brain required.
  • If we could use 100% capacity of out brain, we would find all answers for the unanswered answerbag questions. ;o))
  • prisons would be empty, no children would go to bed hungry, and nobody would be suffering from AIDS - that would make a great start
  • I'm sure we'd be living a lot like the Jetson's!
  • We use all of our brains, just not -all at once-, there are areas for each of our senses, memory, conscious thought, instinctual reactions, etc If you were using 100% of your brain at once, you'd likely only be doing so because you are REALLY high on drugs and your brain is going absolutely berserk trying to cope and figure out what's happening, rofl : D I heard once that if we were using 100% of our brain at one time it'd overheat or something, lol... But I really don't know if that has any truth to it : P
  • There is no scientific evidence to suggest that we use only 10% of our brains. In other words, the statement, "We use only 10% of our brains" is false; it's a myth. We use all of our brain. The 10% statement may have been started with a misquote of Albert Einstein or the misinterpretation of the work of Pierre Flourens in the 1800s. It may have been William James who wrote in 1908: "We are making use of only a small part of our possible mental and physical resources" (from The Energies of Men, p. 12). Perhaps it was the work of Karl Lashley in the 1920s and 1930s that started it. Lashley removed large areas of the cerebral cortex in rats and found that these animals could still relearn specific tasks. We now know that destruction of even small areas of the human brain can have devastating effects on behavior. That is one reason why neurosurgeons must carefully map the brain before removing brain tissue during operations for epilepsy or brain tumors: they want to make sure that essential areas of the brain are not damaged.
  • That is incorrect and an assumption made before we understood how the brain works. We actually do use 100% of our brain. We use different parts for different tasks.
  • "The Incredible Brain. (Daniel Tammet)" This is quite amazing if you're interested in the brain, how 'little' we know about it and what some people are capable of doing. (series of short videos)
  • The thing about 10% of our brain is a myth. We do actually use 100% of our brain. The 10% referred to is the ongoing use for everday bodily functioning. The other 95% is the grey matter (or known as "Association" areas and is where most of our reasoning, thinking, reflecting, deciding, learning, calculating, memory etc goes on. If you're not using that part of your brain you are in serious trouble! - Psych Doctor
  • We do only use 10% of our brains, but thats because the other 90% is matter which is not used for thinking etc., Like synapses and connecting tissues. (I'm doing a human biology uni at university. You can trust this as being scientific fact)
  • We would be worse off, for we would be completely corrupt.
  • well religion would vanish, cars would run on a infinite fuel source, pollution would be gone, and crime would decrease exponentially, wars would cease(due to lack of religion), and life would be better.
  • That is a myth. I just read tonight that we use all of our brain.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy