• It might be who knows?
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Thanks for sharing! We'll leave it as "might." lol
  • No, although some theists try to frame it as one. If a religion is a belief system can you compare it to a lack of belief?
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Thanks for sharing! A non-belief system is the opponent of a belief system to put both groups trapped in the same category.
    • Professor Yaffle
      I look at it this way, stamp collecting is a hobby, I don't collect stamps, not collecting stamps isn't my hobby.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      If you collect stamps, it makes you a stamp collector. If you oppose Religion, it classifies you as a religious opponent to define a non-belief movement.
    • Professor Yaffle
      An athiest doesn't necessarily oppose religion (as I don't oppose stamp collecting), they just don't have a religion themselves.
  • Not in any classification system I know...nor is it DEFINED as a religion, nor does it meet the standard English definition of the word "religion". *** Think about it: atheism is the belief that no deities exist. Now: that IS a religious belief (a belief that is religious in nature)...but it is ONLY ONE religious belief. *** Imagine if every single religious belief you had were in and of itself "a religion". *** For example: I believe that Thor, Norse god of thunder, does not exist. Is that belief a religion? *** For example: I believe that the Universe was created. Is that belief a religion? *** Answer: no, those singular beliefs - even though they are religious beliefs - are not in and of themselves religions. Put those two beliefs and dozens or hundreds of other beliefs together in a "system" that I and several others follow, and then add a bunch of religious practices to those beliefs, and THEN you have a religion.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Thanks for sharing! There is more to Atheism than just looking at the surface. They have an active "belief system" with views concerning origins of the universe, human evolvement, no life after death and so on.
    • www.bible-reviews.com
      Those things you mention are NOT atheism (by standard English definition). They are what you MIGHT call typical conclusions from atheism. And: note that there are MILLIONS of devoutly religious atheists in the World (their religion is NOT atheism, but their religion is ATHEIST. There are SEVERAL atheist religions or religious denominations - religions and denominations with NO deity, religions and denominations that EXPLICITLY TEACH that deities do not exist.) Those religions and denominations often do NOT teach those things you ascribe to all atheists.
  • Atheism is not a religion. Only idiots think otherwise. Understand the definition of atheism. Atheism is the denial of a fictional character called “god”. There is nothing religious about that. Atheism is an awareness based on the reality that there is no “god” since religious weirdos initiate their ridiculous “god” claims with no physical evidence shown. Atheists have made their mind up and unconvinced by the claims that religious weirdos initiate. Atheism has nothing to do with religion. They are not associated with each other in any way.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Thumbs up for sharing and for calling me out for a debate. To begin with, the definition of Atheism is: "disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods." But when Atheists start pushing Atheism at their churches, it automatically gets classified as another alternative in religious matters of disconverting the converted.
    • Shadow
      Your definition is in a religious perception. Only a true atheist knows the real definition of atheism while religious weirdos come up with their own definition which is wrong. Atheism is an awareness and not a belief which religious weirdos like yourself fail to grasp
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      It is not my definition. It is according to the English dictionary. I know more about Atheism than you do, since I have talked to hundreds of them and known a few who have converted to Christianity. Atheism is not only an awareness, it casts a wider net and rejects all belief in “spiritual beings,” and to the extent to PUSH that belief in the general public.
    • Shadow
      You are wrong when you say you know more about atheism than me. I know very well what atheism means. You tend to follow someone’s words who came up with their own definition of atheism. Instead you do not take on board what a true and firm atheist has to say. A true atheist can make their own definition of atheism based on their atheistic views. The atheists you encountered who converted to christianity had been brainwashed by religious weirdos who use mind control which is wrong. There is no point asking an atheist their definition of atheism if they have been converted by religious bullies like yourself.
  • Only if they "preach" it! 😋 Jk, of course. No, its not a religion.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Thanks for sharing! In the YouTube video I added in my reference, Atheist churches are on the rise. They are preaching science and the denial of God.
  • Atheist church? I thought the main perk of atheism was allegedly sleeping in on Sunday (or perhaps Saturday, in OP's case?). Only kidding, but I don't get the point of an atheist church either way. Who was like "hey, let's all get together and not worship any god?" That's like if grown men got together during hunting season to drink beer and not shoot at animals... oh wait, maybe I get it now...
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Thanks for sharing! As a guest at an Atheist church, they worship science and their existence as human beings by praising each other.