• Yes I do. And I'm sure you do too but you should try to calm down & not get all hot & bothered about it
    • Shadow
      You have proved a point I am making in my question. I am already calm and I am not hot and bothered
  • it's usually a man saying that to a woman who has told him a truth about himself. All of a sudden the woman is hysterical and needs to be "handled" or calmed down. this is how "mansplaining" probably started.
  • Why would anyone tell someone to calm down if they were already calm? If it's something "they usually say over something you said or a reaction", then it stands to reason that your "reaction" indicates a probable escalation of the issue. Being told to calm down is like throwing gasoline on a fire - it can only result in bad things.
    • Shadow
      There are some people who have told me to be calm in the past when I am already relaxed in myself. Usually they would tell me to calm down from something I have said or that some people judge a person’s reaction telling them to calm down. I find that frustrating. Am I making sense?
    • 1465
      Uhhhh...no. But it's your party, so have fun any way you wish.
  • Is this online, or face to face? Online, you don't have the other person to go off of, so you can only judge them by how they frame their sentences, if a person is being deliberately derogative, or negative, then this can be a sign that the other person is angry about something. As for face to face, then the other person will instinctively react to your behaviour, because it's our actions and facial expressions that responsible for the majority of our communication, body language gives a person away.
    • Shadow
      It’s face to face I refer to
    • Creamcrackered
      Ok, thanks for the clarification Shadow.
  • You can't be sure if you're calm already. Reactions are clear and it shows you are bothered for asking. So calm down. 😉
    • Shadow
      I’m already calm because that’s how I feel inside
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Then why ask if you're calm?
    • Shadow
      Read the main question again to know where I am coming from. I am already calm but some people tell me to calm down over something I said
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      I have read the main question. How else would I know that you can't be calm without being sure you are calm already? Because you say you are calm???
    • Shadow
      It is correct that I say I am calm but for someone to tell me that I’m not calm misunderstand what I’m getting at
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      You think you are correct, but to me and others, you seem to be bothered when people tell you to calm down. Why are you bothered?
    • Shadow
      I would only feel frustrated when someone tells me to calm down when I’m already calm. Bothered is not the word to describe how I feel
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      "Bothered" is to be concerned about something or is it not?
    • Shadow
      I am not bothered or concerned when someone tells me to calm down. Just frustrated
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Frustration has it cause. If you were calm, you wouldn't care about what other people have to say. It doesn't look like you're calm.
    • Shadow
      I am calm but sometimes there are certain people who disturb the peace
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      You can't be calm if you are frustrated. LOL *Facepalm*
    • Shadow
      Sometimes I am calm and other times not when someone has interfered.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      If you had seen the emoji I added, it is a wink, saying not to take it seriously.
    • Shadow
      I do admit I take it seriously when someone says I am not calm and they don’t take my word for it. Some people need to learn to respect the peace in others and not to be interfering.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Since you admit you take it seriously, that's why you are stuck in this thread. If you can't calm down, you will end up beating a dead horse, now that my answer doesn't change.
    • Shadow
      I have my calm moments and other times not but that doesn't mean I am serious all the time. It's good to have a sense of humour as well. The point I'm making in my main question doesn't change. Some people need to think about what they're saying to someone who is calm inside so as there is no interfering.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Your supposedly calm moments do not appear to be calm in these comments. You are taking this matter serious, since an emoji wink is to let you know that you should not have taken my answer seriously. Your question does not have to change, and even if you tried to change it - it's been known that you are not calm, as you said you are "just frustrated."
    • Shadow
      I am calm when I'm not chatting with you because you're not showing you understand me. I'm just frustrated but I don't feel that way outside of the internet.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      I understand you well. Whether you are a serious person online or in person, it shows on Answerbag that you take matters too seriously. You need to calm down and let people answer how they want and not how you want.
    • Shadow
      That’s true. I do allow for people’s different answers on how they want. I like to be open minded towards different views of people. It’s also human to show an understanding among each other
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      If you allowed different answers to be said, you wouldn't find yourself stuck in discussions. If discussing matters is something you like to do, then you found the right site.
    • Shadow
      I do like to discuss matters so yes, I am on the right site
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      That's exactly what we're here for. Let me know what else you would like to discuss.
    • Shadow
      Ok.