• yes. yes I do. In fact - although I feel a living creature needs to be a mammal at least, to be respected as having a personage and rights - still, when I catch a bug, I gently carry him to the door and put him outside. Life is life. And unless it's a matter of survival (genuinely), killing isn't a right anyone has.
    • SaltyOutOfTheBLUE
      Why just a mammal. Because we´re bigger and stronger than the rest? So to you, that means nothing else matters? But I guess you did make a point with the bug. And you´re right, life is life.
  • It is.
  • Only if it's done for no good reason such as hunger, infestation or self-defense.
    • SaltyOutOfTheBLUE
      It would be sad if you were killing a pigeon for self defense.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Inasmuch as if you were attacked by a flock of pigeons.
  • I wouldn't kill a pigeon
  • No. The definition of murder is when one PERSON kills another PERSON. Shooting animals is called HUNTING.
    • Glambarber
      What's the difference?
      If you don't know the difference between a human being and an animal then please don't ever invite me to dinner!!
    • SaltyOutOfTheBLUE
      lol :)
      I don't want to eat human. thanks anyway. I do like animals, but my lease doesn't allow pets. I don't eat much meat, mostly for health and financial reasons rather than any moral objections. More simply put, I'd taste a lot of things I've never had before, but most likely wouldn't fund the industry.
  • Flying rats
    • SaltyOutOfTheBLUE
      Wow. How many more creatures do you think of to be rats? And what´s wrong with rats? You dislike them because they carry disease. They deserve just as much life as we do.
      Well, the list is long and distinguished. And deserve? Well, there's a reason that they're at the bottom of the food chain. Rats are vermin and I see no reason that they cannot be killed.
    • SaltyOutOfTheBLUE
      I see no reason why we cannot be killed. What, because we are at the top? That makes us more viscous and vile than we ever have been. Just because we are at the top doesn't mean nothing below us is labeled vermin. Let me ask you, do you have any pets?
  • Killing any innocent organism is murder.
    • bostjan64
      Do you know where your food comes from?
      Go look up murder in the dictionary.
    • SaltyOutOfTheBLUE
      bostjan64, who said I wasn't vegan? Who said I ate meat? Linda Joy, you have a point there. But different people have their own different definition on what murder is.
      If you're a vegan, then you are eating the food that herbivores are supposed to eat. Are you going to let them starve cause you're eating up all their food?
    • SaltyOutOfTheBLUE
      Do you not know how much food there is in the world? They wouldn't starve, it's called regrowth. If you don't know that you can grow a plant, I feel sorry for you.
    • bostjan64
      Vegans still eat innocent organisms. When was the last time you saw broccoli kill another living thing? Maybe you have your own definition of "organism," but the one in the dictionary is "an individual animal, plant, or single-celled life form." Not sure what that leaves people to eat, aside from rock salt.
    • SaltyOutOfTheBLUE
      Well than, what do you eat? There has to be some sort of sacrifice, I know. I just like animals and don't want to do any harm. Eating a plant is the most harm I can do.
    • SaltyOutOfTheBLUE
      And I like plants, just which do I choose to chew and swallow?
    • SaltyOutOfTheBLUE
      Which would you choose?
    • bostjan64
      1. I don't define murder as "killing any innocent organism." 2. I eat a lot of beans and rice (I'm what some woild call "lactovegetarian"), but that's another conversation. 3. I believe that the moral differences between eating plants and eating animals is too nuanced to be explained in comments in a sidetopic over a question about pigeons on answerbag. 4. There could be situations in which killing and eating a specific plant could cause great harm.
    • SaltyOutOfTheBLUE
      You do make a good point. Killing animals and plants would be a much deeper conversation. So i'm going to make a post about it. You should answer it.
    • SaltyOutOfTheBLUE
      It would be cool to hear your opinion.
      Enjoyed this thread. There is a difference between killing and murder. That's why we have two different words. The error is in using murder loosely when it is a serious offence and should be reserved for one of the most offensive of crimes. Killing an animal is not even close to the same thing. If animals didn't have a monetary purpose they wouldn't be mass produced and cared for - for a profit. They wouldn't have a life to begin with. Giving them a purpose actually gives them life. There is also a distinct difference between pets and livestock.