• You see, that's the point of giving to the church. Most churches (and don't count the ones you see on tv) give a lot of money to christian charities that help feed, clothe and medicate people all over the world. In most churches, you can give to specific areas within the church. If you feel your church is squandering money, give the money to the mission or charity within the church.
  • You really need to find out what priests do for the other 167 hours in a week where they are not preaching to you. You may be surprised. Ask one. Oh, and while you're about it, read your Bible. It will answer lots of other questions that are bothering you. Yes, I probably should have given a friendlier, more informative response. I think I spend too much time here. Sorry about that. Have fun. And read your bloody Bible. If you ain't got one then go and get one. It'll give you a much better understanding on what is going on.
  • 9-20-2017 God sent the bible specifically to explain Himself. It is not reliable to let people tell you what the bible says. Many people will make up stuff because they don't know what it says, and many will make up stuff because they wish it would not say what it says. You just have to read it for yourself. Read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can keep your place by just looking at a calendar. There is no religion or nothing in Proverbs and you don't have to believe anything. Just read to find wisdom. When you are comfortable with that, then read the bible from Romans to 2 Thessalonians over and over until you start to remember what it says. That is the part that applies to Christians. Here is a book to help you to understand the bible. It's a free download and you can get a hard copy at any bible book store. http://www.philologos.org/__eb-htetb/ "How To Enjoy The Bible"
    • Jewels Vern
      If you read the bible, the first thing you notice is that denominations do not follow it at all. Instructions for conducting a church meeting are in 1 Corinthians 12, 13, & 14. Not one denomination follows them.
  • Haggai 2:8 explains that all the silver and gold belongs to God, He doesn't need man-made money. We are, however, given the opportunity to give voluntary donations toward the printing and distribution of literature, building maintenance & disaster relief. Those funds are for the work of God's kingdom. Soliciting and begging for money is not only offensive to our God, but it is unacceptable and it does not bring blessings. Ancient Isrealites donated toward the building of the tabernacle and temple, they not only gave their valuables but their time as well. They also used funds to help widows, orphans and others in need.
  • Contrary to popular belief, there is an organization that strictly upholds the Bible's guidelines and counsel towards voluntary donations and its distribution.
  • It is up to you to find out just what your church donations are being spent on. Either good projects like supporting the preaching work [matthew 28: 19,20 ] OR paying for the super rich robes [ gold and purple] of the Popes and cardinals.,
  • I have not given money to a church for many years nor do I give to the so called "charities". Mostly for personal reasons but also because I do not really know where my money is going.