• I think those are bumblebees. I think I've been stung by one but IIRC it wasn't any worse than the sting of a smaller bee. I don't think they're aggressive and a single one is easy to avoid but I've never encountered a swarm of them. If you haven't already, I suggest that you ensure all your windows and doors are closed. After that perhaps you should call animal control or a pest control company.
  • btw, the bees are about the size (in width) of a quarter. HUGE. not just a black bee. They scare the crap outa me cuz they don't seem to be scared of anything - they act like they're the boss and I'm a pest
  • Unfortunately, Bees (especially honey bees) have been dying off and no one can really figure out why. Bees play a very important role in our food supply bc they pollinate trees and plants which produce food, not to mention making yummy honey :) So, even if they're annoying, please don't kill them :( Haagen Dazs has even started a save the honey bees mission .. check it out .. :)
  • Probably bumble bees.... harmless by the way... nothing to be worried about.
  • we dont get them here but ive seen worse
  • Could be ground hornets. They are the biggest bees I've ever seen in America. However, they live in the ground. I've heard they are not too aggressive and only the females can sting. (the females tend to stay underground)
  • Probably you're confusing them with bats!
  • Could be carpenter bees. Males don't have a stinger, females do but usually won't sting.
  • i dont see them where i live