• He does not have to go through a collection agency, but he also cannot walk up and take your property either. There is kegal process that must be followed, but a judgement holder can have your wages garnished, liens assessed, and sometimes, property sold at auction.
  • I believe the person who has already got a judgment against you from a court can choose the best method for collecting the debt, either by hiring a collection agency, or by providing documents to garnish your wages, or have your assets confiscated. The collection method would be up to him. You might be able to contact the creditor and make payment arrangements that would be better for you.
  • Yes. if he contacts an attorney, he has the right to attach a lien on any of your assets. This includes bank accounts, cars, house anything of value, until the debt is satisfied.
  • Yes :)

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy