• That's Agnostiscm. You believe in a Creator, but not in psyche-damaging dogma or perverted history.
  • I'm not sure you can ''not believe in the Bible'', I mean, there are millions of copies of it everywhere. It exists, and is very real. However, to believe in God you don't need to believe what's IN the Bible. A lot of people don't.
  • Of course, you can believe anything you like. No one can tell you the right way to follow your beliefs. Whatever seems true to you is perfectly fine.
  • I look at the Bible like a game played in Kindergarten. Everyone sits shoulder to shoulder. The teacher whispers a phrase in the first child's ear, then the child turns their head to whisper it in the next childs ear, and so on until it reaches the end. Originally the phrase may have been "ten purple balloons" and at the end will be WAY off like "cat poop smells bad." The bible has been re-written and re-translated dozens of times. I seriously doubt it says what was originally intended. So, I believe in God but not the Bible. Hope this answer helps.
  • Absolutely, many other religions believe in god but do not study the bible. Other's are spiritual and believe in a god but do not subcribe to any specific religion.
  • I guess I can.....but I won't.
  • Absolutely, the concept of "God" is not exclusive to the bible or to Christian religions, for that matter.
  • Yes. There are many religions that do not include the Bible in their beliefs, yet they have a concept of God. "Shinto" quite litterally means "the way of the Gods" Hindus have a vast pantheon of many Gods. Although Buddhists follow the teachings of a man who achieved enlightenment, Buddha himself refered to a "Great Maker" who waited for his creations to learn how to come to come full circle and return to Him ... the "Reunion of Heaven and Man" is also a Taoist concept. ... and then there are the old pantheons with Gods like Zeus or Odin or Ra ... and there are still many more ... Even the Muslims and Jews believe in God, but only the older parts of the Bible ...
  • Sure. I believe in God. I believe the Bible exists, but I don't believe that the Bible has anything to do with God. I think that the contents of the Bible are largely a bunch of tripe, and quite a lot of it is evil. Therefore, I'm a living example of believing in God but not believing the contents of the Bible are true.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Quote: "I think that the contents of the Bible are largely a bunch of tripe, and quite a lot of it is evil." I'm sure you have been reading evilbible.com that focuses on taking Scripture out of context.
  • I believe in a higher power, and def not the bible
  • Well, yes. Probably.
  • 1) It would probably be difficult to believe as the God who is presented in the Bible if you would not believe a part of the things which are told in the Bible. But of course, you don't have to believe everything you read in the Bible (even if some people think you have). 2) Moreover, if God exists, you do not need the Bible to believe in God. People believed in God long before the Bible existed and will probably still believe in God after the Bible has ceased to exist. The Bible don't exist on every other planet, for instance. And many people on Earth base their belief in God on something else as the Bible, and it was the same in the past.
  • I dont beleive In the bible, But I do beleive in a god. There have been to many wars, deaths,hate, hurt,predudice With this bible. There Is alot of mystical things that happened back when to, that have not happened sence. A bunch of people making up stories. For things they couldnt comprehend,because of there child like thought. The way they thought was very prime evil. Anything that was different was bad back then, I would say there mind back then were like a bunch of kids in grade school. Everyone wanted to fit in.So no you can beleive in a higher power, Look at other religions. Indians, Buddist, and greeks are to name a few. look at what they beleived before this man made bible.Think about what these people did before being forced into christiananity,or catholic or any bible beleiving religion, O dont forget wicca. Alot of are christian holidays are on there holidays, do to the church....... For reasons of trying to push there religion on people that didnt want there ways of thought... Alot of these people were killed cause they refuse to beleive in the bible. They wernt hurting anyone, beleiving in mother earth,stars, and life. they charished it for it brought them life. the earth is ar god, he or she is everywhere. The bible has cost more harm, it also shows predudise to woman. And why was all this crap going on in the eastern countrys, there were other places on earth 2. I dont Know what to call my beleif, But I no I beleive in god, but not your bible
  • I once believed the Bible, but after years of intensive study, I no longer believe the stories to be factual. It shows what ancient man believed and how he acted, through stories, no different than any other myth. Many are based on something true, but the stories themselves are false. Any true Deep study of the Bible reveals many errors in its history, many things that just do not line up or add up. I still believe in God, but I do not believe the Bible is the pure perfect word of God, only a clear picture of what the men who wrote it believed.
  • Of course. It's not like they're directly related.
  • Sure. Jews beleive in the Torah Muslims the Koran/ Qur'an And others just beleive there is a God
  • No, I cannot believe in God and yet not believe in the Bible. God reveals Himself through the Bible, His inspired Word. Without His revelation (via the Bible as well as His creation) to us, we would never ever know and understand who God really is.
  • Yes, I can, just not the one described in the bible. Even every christian has a different take, so why can't I?
  • I believe in God and the Bible. There is a fundamental difference between truth and fact. It is true that God exists but I cannot prove it. It is a fact that President Bush said he invaded Iraq because of weapons of mass destruction but it is not true. Catholics believe that the Bible teaches truth about God but it is not historically factual at all times. The Bible's primary purpose is to teach us the truth about God and His (or Her) love for us and how we should love each other, not to teach facts about history or science. All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that one who belongs to God may be competent, equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17) For more information, see the Catechism of the Catholic Church, section 105 and following: http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/pt1sect1chpt2.htm With love in Christ.
  • Yes :)
  • Absolutely! I believe in God as in a higher power that created life and the universe. However, I think the bible, as another poster said, is basically a book that has been written by man. Yes, there are some good stories in there but but do I believe everything in it? Absolutely not. Jesus was a human being just like you or I. I look at him as if he were a "Mother Theresa" of his time. He probably was a very good person - maybe hailed as a hero - but that does not mean I have to worship him or pray to him. I am often misjudged by people because I don't go to church (don't see the point) and do not read the bible (does not interest me). But that does not mean I am not a good person or that I do not believe in God. In fact, I have a better set of morals than most bible readers who "commit sins" and then go confess to get redeemed. God can also mean living your life in a "Good Orderly Direction" (G.O.D.). Not sure there is a term out there for this belief system, as it is not agnostic, but who needs to be defined anyway? Hope this helps!
  • that how i pretty much am..like that one guy said metaphorical...its like taking those words of wisdom and making good choices from them
  • That what depend on what God you believe in. One can certainly believe in "the God of the philosophers", not to mention the God of the Hindus, the God of just about all animistic and/or pantheistic beliefs, and even the (impersonal, ineffable) "God" of the Buddhists without believing the Bible. Though I suppose one could believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob without believing the Bible -- but that's kind of like believing in gravity without believing in mass and falling, or believing in microbes but not in microscopes or research into microbiology.
  • No, neither. One is totally psychodelic and the other one, delusional
  • Yes. The Bible is a book among many books. We could argue if it was factual or not, but I refuse because I'll only get cut and paste scripture thrown at me, no reasonable thought or proof for that matter.
  • God does not come from the Bible and the Bible does not come from God. The wonders of life are enough evidence to prove the existence of God. I believe God wants us to do what is good for ourselves and each other.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      But you couldn't know what "exactly" are you believing in, other than there is something out there, in your mind or in your dreams. Quote: "I believe God wants us to do what is good for ourselves and each other." Practicing good works can be done by anyone whether you are a believer or a non-believer. The fact is: there is no way to check your "merit balance" of good works to see if you've stored up enough to be saved.
  • Not in the Christian Faith. Having a Divine source is important for seeking guidance. Jeremiah 29:13 "And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart."
  • Yes, it is possible to believe in the Judeo-Christian God and not the Bible. The Bible is in two sections the Old Testament and the New Testament. The Old Testament is the history of the Jewish peoples and also the OT law given to the Jews. The New Testament is the teaching of the life of Jesus Christ and the letters of a number of the apostils' Teaching of the Age of Grace and the Law of Love. Many people do not know what the Bible actually says because they put today's meanings on words used differently two thousand or more years ago. This has caused much confusion through the ages. Find and read the book, The Royal Law of Liberty by Darwin Chandler. It might clarify many things for you.
  • Sure! You can believe whatever you choose to believe. It doesn't even have to make sense or be true. In fact you can prove someone wrong with facts and figures and they can still believe the lie. If you're really searching for truth ask for assistance from The Spirit.