• avast is good, i have it on my laptop
  • Avira, Avast, AVG are the best free antivirus.
  • I don't know when this question was posted. But AVG as well as Avast. I am using the anti virus and firewall my server provides for free. I am with Spectrum formerly Charter but they use both names.
  • Avast and AVG antivirus are best and free...
  • Avast is a best free antivirus.
  • As of 2019, I prefer bitdefender. These sorts of things change with the seasons, though.
  • From what I understood from your question, you are looking for the antivirus that would be able to do the job of protecting your system and provide counterattacks in the event of an attack and would be free to use. When I saw your question, the first antivirus software that came to mind is AVG Antivirus. AVG Antivirus is free to download and free to use forever (according to their website]. It provides BASIC protection for your devices. I am emphasizing the word because AVG does what it has been called to do. It is an antivirus, pure, and simple. It includes your whole system, web, and email in its BASIC protection services. It also provides versions for different devices. My android phone gets excellent service from AVG Antivirus while my Mac also gets the same service. I haven’t tried it with my PC as I already have another antivirus working in it.