• 8-20-2017 Who is "we"? All the people I know ignore each other as much as they can and advocate frequent beatings of children for childish offenses.
      What do YOU advocate?
    • Jewels Vern
      We need to study the bible and stop making up high-sounding philosophies, pretending to know something when we don't.
      You may have missed it since you advocated skipping over the gospels but loving one another is in there several times over.
    • Jewels Vern
      That is not what you asked. I never advocated skipping over gospels. You seem to be babbling.
      And this is me being loving and turning the other cheek.
    • Jewels Vern
      Sometimes I just don't understand you.
      I know the feeling!
    • Jewels Vern
      Well then that makes you the first person ever to agree with me!
    • dumdum
      Jewels Vern wrote -- "We need to study the bible and stop making up high-sounding philosophies, pretending to know something when we don't." Some may write that is exactly what religion is -- a believe system attempting to rationalize what we don't know and can not prove. Is that not the very essence of "faith."
      faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of Things Not Seen. A substance is a tangible thing once you exercise faith you are rewarded. Then it's no longer Faith but a sure knowledge. It's only those who haven't had their faith proven that could possibly doubt.
      I've agreed with you before.
    • Jewels Vern
      Dumdum, the bible says religion is men telling each other what to do, and God has a low opinion of it.
      Where? "the bible says religion is men telling each other what to do,"
    • Jewels Vern
      Any time you wonder what the bible means by a word, you can go to a concordance and look up every use of that word. Greek threskeia, "religion", is used four times. [Acts 26:5 Which knew me from the beginning, if they would testify, that after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee.] "our religion", not God's. [James 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.] "this man's religion", not God's. [James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.] [Colossians 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping (threskeia) of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God. 20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, 21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?] ("Jews' religion" is translated from "Judaism". Still not God's religion.)
  • agree, I was going to ask what was the question?
  • Nope. Love and respect are earned.
      Even when it's your child?
    • Hardcore Conservative
      Why not? Showing your kids love and making them respect you doesn't mean either one are true, does it? Just because my daughter might say "Yes, sir" when I tell her to do something, does that really mean that she respects me? Or is she just doing it because I told her to?
  • Sure -- but sometimes it is better to that from afar. I hold little animosity towards any, at the same time I do not encourage nor surround myself with toxicity, for their good and mine.
    • Jewels Vern
      Well! That's easy for you to say!
      I agree. My sister and I are too much crazy for one house!
  • thats a good idea
  • Politeness goes a long way. Try it, it's easy!
  • Many times in the Bible it says to love one another. Matthew 22:36 it is a commandment to love others as yourself. So yes, we are to love everyone.
  • Sometimes the best that can be done is accept that someone is who they are right now and that i may not at all like or understand them.