• i'm pretty sure you have little to no rights. depends on the kind of adoption. and bieng that your an addict you probably don't have many choices if any.
  • You should call DCF or an adoptive attorney to confirm your rights. In California, a mother is offered reunification services and after adoption, all rights pass to the adoptive parents. With children under 3 years of age, the department should try and get children placed in a permanent home, I believe within 18-24 months. In California, once a the adoption is completed a new birth certificate is issued with the adoptive parents information.
  • I think that once they take your Child , they may take away all your parental legal rights , you could try to at least get a Family member to adopt the Child but a good Attorney is what you need.
  • You have the right to quit using and clean up your life. Obviously you didn't want your kid enough to do it then. Maybe you can see clearly enough to do it now, FOR YOU AND YOUR FUTURE. Then maybe by the time your kid is grown you can actually be a good friend and not a bad influence.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy