• You should have had a police report filled out on the scene. I don't know what Oregon law says but in most places you'd report the accident to your insurance company, not the DMV. The reason to have a police report is so that you can utilize insurance and avoid ending up in small claims court with the other driver.
  • You must file an Accident and Insurance Report form with DMV within 72 hours when: Damage to the vehicle you were driving is over $1,500; or Damage to any vehicle is over $1,500 and any vehicle is towed from the scene as a result of damages from this accident; or Injury or death resulted from this accident; or Damages to any one person's property other than a vehicle involved in this accident is over $1,500. Most police agencies do not respond on non-injury accidents that aren't blocking traffic, they just don't have the manpower.
  • Depending on your state; it it probably the law ... and not reporting could cost you your license and a hefty FINE .... +5

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy