ANSWERS: 42
  • I doubt it was accidental, you know, the magnifying glass on the leaf outside at recess many moons ago.
  • Yes. I was burning this match, and when i flickered it, it touched the curtains. I had to throw a small bucket of water for the flames to calm. Nobody got hurt, luckily.
  • A frying pan or two. My sister and her friends accidentally started a grass fire. Fortunately, about thirty people showed up to help fight it and it was a cool day with no wind to speak of. The house they started it next to, the row of trees and outdoor propane tank it threatened all survived intact, although it burned down a shed. The fire department got there in time to make sure the last bit burned itself out, and spray down the last crispy remnants of the shed roof. We literally had to beat the fire out, because the house had its water turned off...!
  • My jacket My shirt A field of dry grass (alot of trouble for that!) A car mat (dropped a cigarette) An anwing on my old house with fireworks
  • Yes. My brother's homework was near the stove, I was cooking some lunch. Suddenly it caught flame, and I only noticed when it was half burnt away. He was angry.
  • I was frying chicken one time, and had the grease on too high of a temp, and set the stove on fire,...then I threw the skillet in the sink and the flames went up and set the curtains on fire. Thank God for the fire extiguisher.
  • Yes, a hotel room in Benidorm, and my friend's bandaged arm in a chemistry lesson.
  • yeah, a tree in the forest. But we got it out thank goodness!
  • Yes when I was about 4. My brother and I were outside playing with a cigarette lighter and set a bunch of weeds on fire.
  • I accidentally set myself on fire when I was 7, While trying to build a 'Campfire' in the alley behind the big industrial building where my dad worked. Luckily, it was raining out that day, so I managed to put myself out fairly quickly.
  • yep, when i was 2 i pushed over the bar heater onto a rug. just as well my mum was there. it could have been a disaster!
  • Accidently a small forest. No big deal, killed a dozen trees at most. I played with matches, and didn't know it was still smoldering after I left the woods, until the firebrigade showed up.
  • My backyard, my hair, a trash can, and a few frying pans.
  • Thank-fully not! I am afraid of fire...
  • Never.
  • Never in my dreams.But saved it from getting set on fire a couple of times.
  • No - Thank the Lord
  • *raises hand in shame* yes... in 2002 there was a BIG ice storm in Ohio and we had candles lit EVERYWHERE including my room...well apparently something happened and my room caught fire...My brother in law went up stairs to his room and smelt something...opened my door...and nothing but flames came RUSHING out...its been 4 years and my room is still covered in black streaks from the smoke and from trying to clean it...Its ok though my fiancee but grafitti all over the walls so its hardly noticeable...OOPS
  • My house is worth $80000.I haven't yet and I am sure I will never
  • I can't say that I have- and hopefully I never will.
  • No, but I did start a bushfire with some friends once. We were trying to blast stumps (ligitmately, for a farmer) using dynamite and home-made explosives. We were trying to put out the resultant fire with chunks of wood and dirt flying a hundred metres in the air! Had to call the fire brigade eventually. In hindsight, kinda silly...
  • Yes, I set the entire kitchen of a rental house on fire once. I had made french fries and then turned off the burner. Unfortunately, I did not also remove the pan from the burner. The stove knob was broken, unbeknownst to me, and since it was an old cooktop with no indicator lights, I did not realize that instead of turning it off, I had really turned it to high! I took the fries in to my husband, who was watching TV. I got absorbed in the show for a minute, and the next time I looked up to the kitchen pass-through all I saw was an orange glow. The walls, curtains, everything was on fire. All I owned in the world at that time was contained within this little crappy old rental TRAILER. I was sure I would loose everything, and at a time that I could not have withstood one more big blow. I got my daughter out of the house, and by sheer will not to loose everything combined with the grace of God, my husband somehow put that fire out. I had to scrub and paint every surface, but all I lost was a cheap coffemaker and the pan the oil was in. Even though the house had been FULL of smoke, the smoke damage was contained to kitchen surfaces, the smell came out of everything else with a wash. My husband suffered only a small burn. My daughter and I were completely unaffected (physically). I hope I never have to witness orange flames licking their way through my home again, but I know that we were extremely lucky.
  • you burn your house down twice and they start to think you are a little careless.
  • the rug, I was playing with matches as a kid
  • Accidentally set my friends new car on fire by throwing my cigarette out the sun roof--it flew back in and landed in the back seat without us knowing about it till the smoke started rolling!! Good thing she was a very good friend or I would have been walking!!
  • i set my pants on fire whilst trying to light a fart one time
  • Yes and it was horrible. I got into deep do do.
  • A can of gasoline and the side of my house. That was interesting.
  • Yes once my waste basket and once my microwave
  • Before we were married, my now husband was taking "artistic" photos of me. We must have been focused on the task because neither of us noticed when the candles set the bedsheets on fire. ;-) We managed to throw them out the door before they set the entire apartment ablaze.
  • When I was about 7 years old I was playing with a suntan lotion bottle I had filled with gasoline in our chicken coop. I touched a match to the top of the bottle and it just made a little flame which was boring so I squezzed the bottle and it sprayed flaming gas all over the chicken coop. I ran and miraculously didn't get burned myself. The chicken coop burned to the ground but all the chickens got out alive. No one could figure out why the chicken coop burned and I didn't confess to my parents that I did it for 35 years.
  • I almost did a few times when I was a kid. All those warnings not to play with fire just made it seem more interesting! :)
  • Not the house but I did set fire to A Guide Uniform hanging on a Fire Guard. When I was a child. it made a very nice blaze and my sister was not very happy to lose her freshly ironed uniform,
  • no but i did to my ex's house ones with a candle. it wasnt bad
  • Not my house, but at my grandmas I knocked over an old fashioned heater and it landed on some piles of laundry. It ignited by the time I got the heater up and had to throw a bucket of water on it.
  • No I haven't. But I did set my hair on fire when I was about 6 years whilst playing with matches.
  • What...no....
  • Nope but my dad did when I was a kid. My mom kicked his ass that day.
  • well i accidentally set my carpet on fire once...
  • Yes..my kitchen. I had turned on a pan of grease to make french fries, went into the other room and immediately forgot about it. The whole house was filled with smoke before I even realized it. It was right after my grandson passed away and I thought I was handling things pretty well. I was actually in a deep depression and I did quite a few crazy things around that time but that little episode got me to the doctor and on anti depressants.
  • I was gonna say no, but, once I did singe the cabinets in an apartment I lived in.
  • hello, no,but i almost set fire to my bed! i was about 15 then.boy did i get it from my father,he whacked me with a 12 inch frying pan.

Copyright 2018, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy