• Ok I was sneaky. The first problem is that Lucifer is a Latin name. So how did it find its way into a Hebrew manuscript, written before there was a Roman language? To find the answer, a consulted scholar at the library of the Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati was asked "What Hebrew name was Satan given in this chapter of Isaiah, which describes the angel who fell to become the ruler of hell? The answer was a surprise. In the original Hebrew text, the fourteenth chapter of Isaiah is not about a fallen angel, but about a fallen Babylonian king, who during his lifetime had persecuted the children of Israel. It contains no mention of Satan, either by name or reference. The Hebrew scholar could only speculate that some early Christian scribes, writing in the Latin tongue used by the Church, had decided for themselves that they wanted the story to be about a fallen angel, a creature not even mentioned in the original Hebrew text, and to whom they gave the name "Lucifer." Why Lucifer? In Roman astronomy, Lucifer was the name given to the morning star (the star we now know by another Roman name, Venus). The morning star appears in the heavens just before dawn, heralding the rising sun. The name derives from the Latin term lucem ferre, bringer, or bearer, of light." In the Hebrew text the expression used to describe the Babylonian king before his death is Helal, son of Shahar, which can best be translated as "Day star, son of the Dawn." The name evokes the golden glitter of a proud king's dress and court (much as his personal splendor earned for King Louis XIV of France the appellation, "The Sun King"). The scholars authorized by ... King James I to translate the Bible into current English did NOT use the original Hebrew texts, but used versions translated ... largely by St. Jerome in the fourth century. Jerome had 'mistranslated' the Hebraic metaphor, "Day star, son of the Dawn," as "Lucifer," and over the centuries a metamorphosis took place. Lucifer the morning star became a disobedient angel, cast out of heaven to rule eternally in hell. Theologians, writers, and poets interwove the myth with the doctrine of the Fall, and in Christian tradition Lucifer is now the same as Satan, the Devil, and --- ironically --- the Prince of Darkness. So "Lucifer" is nothing more than an ancient Latin name for the morning star, the bringer of light.
    • pugwashjw65
      How can Satan be the ' ruler' of hell [ Hades ] when the Bible says this... (Revelation 20:10) And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulfur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet already were; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. His END is here, not his rulership...and anyway, the ' hot place' is a euphemism for destruction / elimination...
  • There is evil in the world, for all know of that. Satan is behind all of it, for he uses man's depravity.
  • Satan does exist. Next thing you know your going to say God doesnt exist or that he didnt come to earth in flesh by Jesus also. It states it in the Bible that there is a Satan, he was thrown from Heaven.
    • ReiSan
      The Satan, God and Jesus do nnot exist. The Bible is merely crude ancient fiction.
  • Really what if the minion is a distant solar system,only time.
  • "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
  • Actually Satan does exist. Along with his demons--which I have had a first hand encounter with, and been freed from by the power of Jesus Christ. If you're looking for physical "evidence", I have plenty of it, email me for the story. Let me quote Billy Graham: "Yes, the devil is real. He is not just a symbol for evil, nor is he an imaginary figure that people dreamed up to explain the existence of evil. Evil is real—and so is Satan or the devil. "Don't picture Satan, however, the way the cartoons do—as a comic figure with a red suit and a pitchfork who bothers people sometimes but otherwise has little influence. Satan is a very powerful cosmic spiritual personality who has one goal: to stop God's work wherever it is taking place. To accomplish this he schemes and works every way he can, and he is behind all the evil that takes place in the world. His name—Satan—literal ly means "Adversary"—an d that is what he is: our adversary." "The devil works to deceive us and convince us that his promises are true and God's Word is a lie. Jesus said that the devil 'was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies' (John 8:44)." "If you are a Christian, Satan hates you because he lost what you now have, and that is eternal life with Jesus Christ in heaven forever! If you are not a Christian, he still hates you, and will try to trick you into not believing and accepting Jesus Christ into your heart." "More than that, the devil works to deceive us and convince us that his promises are true and God's Word is a lie. Jesus said that the devil "was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies" (John 8:44). Don't ever take Satan lightly! "But one other thing needs to be said about the devil: He is a defeated foe! By His death and resurrection Jesus Christ conquered all the forces of death and Hell and Satan, and when we belong to Christ, we are safe from all these terrors forever. Make sure of your salvation by giving your life to Christ today."
      For more information on the existence of the Devil (aka satin, Lucifer and several more) read the Book of Enoch.
    • ReiSan
      Read fiction to prove fictional characters exist. Circular reasoning is illogical.
  • Of course I realize it. The is no evidence for the supernatural.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Since you just go by sight, then you are blind to know that the supernatural is based on energy, and is stored within those who are quickened alive.
    • Venus1485
      Jenny is blindly biased and blind to logic.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Venus1485, there's nothing biased about energy.
    • ReiSan
      Claiming gods are energy is ignorant and biased.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      ReiSan, that's what the Bible teaches.
  • Not everyone, though, has stopped believing that Satan is real. “The devil is still alive and at work in the world,” said Pope John Paul II in a recent speech in Italy. Is the pope correct? If so, Satan is in a good position to do what he wants in the world. If people do not believe in his existence, they will not oppose him. No wonder Cardinal Ratzinger, a foremost Vatican authority on doctrine, stated: “The devil can take refuge in his favorite element, anonymity.” Does Satan really exist? If we believe the Bible, we have to answer yes! Satan is referred to many times by name in that inspired record. For example, the Bible writer Paul, warning of “false apostles” and “deceitful workers” in the ranks of the Christian congregation, wrote: “And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light.” Paul viewed Satan as an intelligent, deceptive personage.—2 Corinthians 11:13, 14. Why is it, then, that Satan’s existence is not taken seriously by most people today? Likely, it is a reflection of the spirit of the age. Living as we do in what some have called the post-Christian era, atheism, hedonism, materialism, and communism have replaced religious faith in many societies. Millions of people no longer believe in God, viewing his existence as unnecessary to their personal philosophies. And they have discarded Satan along with God. Some religious people in Christendom, even though they claim to believe in God, feel that belief in Satan is out-of-date in this 20th century. It is noteworthy, however, that rejecting God is by no means new. Some 3,000 years ago, the Hebrew poet David wrote: “The senseless one has said in his heart: ‘There is no Jehovah.’ They have acted ruinously, they have acted detestably in their dealing.” (Psalm 14:1; 53:1) In another place he stated: “The wicked one according to his superciliousness makes no search; all his ideas are: ‘There is no God.’” (Psalm 10:4) Even back then, people acted as if God did not exist. And the logical conclusion must have been that if there is no God, there can be no Satan.
  • I don't believe he/she exists, no.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      You will believe when you see him. But, if Satan doesn't exist, then you have nothing to worry about. So rejoice.
    • Venus1485
      Jenny hands us Pascal's Wager that's so illogical. You can't see The Satan,, because he's only fantasy.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Venus1485, you're not supposed to see him literally or else, that violates our freewill. Instead, Satan manifests himself through negative thoughts.
    • ReiSan
      What crude apologism Jenny tried to palm off on us!
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      ReiSan, good and wrong exist.
  • The Bible says otherwise... (Job 2:1) Afterward the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them to take his station before Jehovah.
      In Hebrew, sah-TAHN means an adversary and is also used as a verb in Numbers 22:22 and Numbers 22:32. David is an adversary to the Phillistines in 1 Samuel 29:4, but he is not transformed into the proper noun Satan.
    • ReiSan
      The Bible also says snakes talk, burning bushes talk, bats are birds, pi is 3, star can fall to earth, men walk on water, there was a world flood, both God and Devil inspired David's census, etc., so it is merely very bad fiction.
  • You want a bet? Yes, he does exist.
  • It is no surprise that Satanic symbols are everywhere. We live in a world that is inundated with symbols and symbolism. John 12:31 "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out."
    • Rick
      A Satanic symbol is in a new king james bible I have it is the symbol for 666. I stopped reading it years ago not only because of the symbol it is also because words are changed to change the meaning of God's words. They removed the symbol but left the words the same.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      I don't read newer versions. They only lead to confusion among believers. I read and post the King James Version. The New King James bible has many alterations.
    • Rick
      Well that NKJV version I have was a gift for Christmas. I know it has many changes that change the meaning of God's words. I only use the KJV and always will.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      It is no biggie to receive gifts. I have the NWT Jehovah's Witness bible and other versions. They were given to me as gifts. I accepted them so I can analyze. I have studied many bible's. The NKJV version has changed thousands of words. It is Satan's bible to confuse believers.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Here is a verse that takes away the divinity of Jesus of being God's Son: Acts 3:26 "To you first, God, having raised up [His Servant Jesus], sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities." (NKJV) Acts 3:26 "Unto you first God, having raised up [His Son Jesus], sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities." (KJV)
    • Rick
      I know what you mean I was given the Book Of Mormon as well. Jesus was not born where the B O M said in an approximate area. The Bible says exactly where instead and for a reason. As well as other versions of the Bible I accepted them so also to use them to analyze them. The verses you posted are what I found too. That is why I say the words are changed in those but I know I only said in it but I was talking about just one of them. Yes they are printed to confuse believers and God is not the author of confusion. Some words are changed very subtlety.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Everything that is known about God is evident and clear according to Romans 1:19. Other versions besides the KJV make Jesus a created being. Only the KJV proves that Jesus is God. It's unbelievable what you will find in newer bible versions. If a believer does not have a King James Version, he or she does not have a Bible.
    • Rick
      You're right. That is why I use only the KJV because of the perversion of God's word. Some will swear by NIV and others instead of KJV. Even pastors do this and one pastor in my past only used NKJV version. He started out using KJV. I am feeling a bit flighty due to neurological. Catcha later tator.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      The NIV is one of the most twisted bible's you will ever find. It is garbage. No believer can hold an argument with the NIV on the subject of: Jesus is God. Not even pastors. The majority of pastors do not even know what they are preaching or which version is the most accurate.
    • Rick
      One time I was sitting in church for the sermon and the guest pastor said "I will not say anything about other versions". Now that is what is coward about preaching God's word.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Many churches these days are more like social clubs. It is rare if you find an honest pastor.
    • ReiSan
      Christians cannot agree which Bible to use and many other things. No wonder there are thousands of sects nd cults. Jenny, "honest pastor" is an oxymoron. Pastors are liars and swindlers, and that is dishonest.
  • Kidding? Who's that red guy who shows up at my place with horns and a tail?
      Jon Lovitz?
    • Vittorio 'Sam' Manunta-Lowell
      LOL
  • That is where evil came from.
  • What's it to you what people choose to believe in? If it makes them feel comfortable to believe it exists then mind your own business.
    • ReiSan
      It harms them to be conned into tithing by being made to feel guilt and fear.
  • Yes, I have known that all of my life. God, Jesus and The Satan are merely characters in bad Jewish fiction.
  • The book of Job says otherwise... (Job 2:1) Afterward the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them to take his station before Jehovah. To say otherwise is to make yourself an enemy of Jehovah... (Psalm 53:1) The foolish one says in his heart:
    • ReiSan
      I challenge Jehovah to fight me to the death with katana. Well, he is too much of a coward to accept my challenge!
  • So why worry your gray matter?
  • not sure what to believe about that
  • If that's the case,I give up on the world's humans. How can people be so evil naturally? Did they evolve into animals?
  • The Bible says you are wrong. (Job 2:1) Afterward the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them to take his station before Jehovah.
  • Oh my! You don't know you are his tool right now? He is playing you like a fiddle. Psalm 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Satan enjoys it when people claim he doesn't exist. This is how he can deceive people into knowing that all this is a fantasy. When the New World Order begins, (which could happen anytime), people will accept the VeriChip without being conscient of what the Bible foretold. Jesus made it clear in the Parable of the Sower: the worries of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for other things is the reason why they don't bear fruit. Others in Psalm 53:1 are just evil a,k,a: the irredeemable.
    • Rick
      Yes he is the master deceiver.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      It is no surprise why many are in for a rude awakening. More space keeps being added. Isaiah 5:14 "Therefore hell hath [enlarged] herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it."
    • Rick
      Yes in these last days it seems they are showing themselves like the pestilence of. . . . oh . . . . the giant grass hoppers. Oh yeah locusts.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Satan uses unbelievers as his puppets.
    • Rick
      Yep a lot of puppets around.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      A lot of puppets will have their reward.
    • Rick
      Yes it is for sure.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      No doubt about it.
    • Venus1485
      The worst puppets mindlessly believe the Bible and tithe.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Venus1485, I am not under the Mosaic law, so I don't give tithes.
    • ReiSan
      If Jenny does not tithe, her church may burn her at the stake. Got out the marshmallows.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      ReiSan, tithing is based on Judaism.
  • The more you claim his non-existence, the more you will convince yourself in knowing that Satan is just a myth. :)
    • Venus1485
      Yes, The Satan is only a myth.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      That's what he wants you to believe.
    • ReiSan
      He does not exist, so he cannot want anything. Preachers want you to believe he exits to scare you into tithing at church. The Devil is just part of a swindle.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      ReiSan, wrongful things exist.
  • That's what He wants you to think!
    • ReiSan
      That is what Ahriman wants>
    • Rick
      I would not capitalize the he about Satan because I capitalize He for God the Holy Spirit or Jesus. I am mostly speaking of all three at once when I say He. After all God is the Father Son and Holy Ghost.