• The point at which child support payments end should be detailed in the separation agreement or the court order. There may also be legal guidelines in the jurisdiction in which you live. The termination date is often set at a particular age and usually depends on the status of the child at that time (i.e., in school, working, married). If your agreement or order(s) do not state when support is to be terminated, then you need to discuss the matter with the child's other parent. Many support agreements continue payment until a child has completed their post-secondary education, which can include post-graduate study (masters or doctorate). You may want to pay support directly to the child in this situation.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy