• Do Girl Scout cookies use real girl scouts in their cookies?
    • DancesWithWolves
      Yeah, I don't know about that one
  • They did when I worked there, but that was 20 years ago or more! As for would I eat a tuna sub, yes, though I'd prefer to make my own. I don't even know what kind of bread Subway has now. Back then they just had white and wheat. And I'd never pay what they want for a sandwich! Subway only puts mayo with the tuna. I like boiled egg and/or celery and sometimes grapes. But I don't really like a lot of bread with it, and sometimes opt for chips instead.
    • 1465
      My favorite was their Seafood Sensation. I'd opt for extra mayo and jalapenos and tomatoes and...(gosh! Now I want one...)
    • DancesWithWolves
      Thanks for your comment Linda Joy :)
  • Recent tests have suggested that they do not, though the situation is still somewhat unclear. News stories about this are easily available online if anyone's curious. I prefer to make my own tuna salads and sandwiches. I've never eaten at a Subway.
    • DancesWithWolves
      Thanks for your comment :)
  • I've read two articles from reputable sources. (MSN, New York Times). Apparently they DO use real tuna in their subs. The California law suit has been modified. Originally (January) claiming NO tuna in a Subway tuna sub, now the suit charges (instead) that not only bluefin and yellow tuna is being used - i.e. that other sorts of tuna are also being used. (That's a HUGE shift in the focus of the law suit.) Apparently the original parties suing Subway didn't realize that the DNA testing of tuna SALAD typically produces no usable tuna DNA. That doesn't mean that it's not tuna. It means that the tuna has been processed to the point where "DNA-testable-quality" tuna DNA is no longer present. So: YES, it is tuna. Now they're arguing over what TYPE of tuna it is.
    • DancesWithWolves
      Yes, I've read they use real Tuna so who knows?
  • No idea. The pastrami and meatball the only Subway sandwiches I ever tried, so cannot say about the tuna. No, not big on tuna, other than the Tuna Helper Broccoli. And yes, I know its GMOed, but I treat it like junk food, so not feeling too hypocritical.