• If that's the case, why do Christians try to keep their followers away from atheists? Why do they report atheist posts on social media sites? Why do they ban atheists from posting on church sites?
    • MisterKatt
      Good points.. thank-you.
      Why would an atheist WANT to post on church sites? Is it their craving for contention and combat? BTW my church doesn't try to keep us from atheists.
    • OrangeDonRump
      "BTW my church doesn't try to keep us from atheists." All they'd have to do is listen to you, and they'd never come around.
      Really?! You couldn't come up with anything smarter than THAT?! You're even a joke as a troll!! And again you claim I'm an atheist repeller, while you chase me all over AB! That's the epitome of your hypocritical behavior to this point! I don't even have to do or say anything to make you look stupid. You do it yourself!!
    • Chicagoan
      Linda. If you claim to be a Christian, you sure don't sound like anything Christlike. You're proving everyone's point to the contrary. You are easily triggered and you seem very hateful.
  • No if one doesn't believe nothing will change that. I tried going to church many times and reading the new testament the more of it I read the less I believe. As far as sitting in church the crap they preach there Ill never believe.,
  • No, because atheists don't have any need to argue about it - because they know there is no argument. Imaginary god creatures are not real and do not exist. That is a fact - and they know it. Believers have been desperately trying to prove their god is real for thousands of years, and have failed EVERY TIME. There's a reason for that -- there is no god there, and nobody has ever proven otherwise. Same for leprechauns, Santa Claus, goblins, Middle Earth, Voldemort and the easter bunny. Christianity and its very silly Zombie Jew on a Stick myth remains to be one of the silliest cult myths on the planet. It would need a lot more than atheism to strengthen a nonsense story like that, which Christians have NEVER been able to validate, prove or substantiate in over two millennia of desperately trying.
    • OrangeDonRump
      The other terrible weakness that Christianity has is that it is 100% hypocrisy. They blab all day long about Jesus and his teachings - and 100% of Christians consciously refuse to live by his NT teachings every day. Nobody is impressed by a large cult full of two-faced, bigoted, judgmental hypocrites - except the followers themselves, they are VERY impressed by their own bullcrap, that's for sure.
      "atheists don't have any need to argue about it" So how many hours a day to you spend online bashing Christians claiming you don't need to? Why do you do it if you don't need to? What do you accomplish? pot/kettle/hypocrite?
      "Believers have been desperately trying to prove their god is real for thousands of years, and have failed EVERY TIME." Then why are there BILLIONS more religious than non-religious if all attempst have failed? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations Looks to me like atheists have lost the battle and can't stand it that they have, so they feel the need to rant LOUDER AND LONGER! To convince themselves, because they're not convincing anyone else. lol
    • OrangeDonRump
      "Then why are there BILLIONS more religious than non-religious if all attempst have failed?" Because they brainwash their children starting at very young ages, using all the fear tactics and mental terrorism that Christians and other cult-believers commonly use on their kids. If they didn't the world would be a much different place, with fewer two-faced hypocrites who belong to cults like Christianity and refuse to live by the Cult Leader's teachings -- hey! Just like you - a two-faced believer who can't walk her talk and is about as un-Christlike as anyone I've ever seen! It's remarkable how easily and often you become a snide, hateful lowlife who lashes out at people here -- if you really followed Christ and believed in him, you wouldn't act like you often do here. You have no self-control, integrity and very little honesty -- just a lot of anger. And whenever I post blunt honesty and facts, you tear off into a tirade that would make Christ's sh!t runny -- good thing he isn't real, or you'd be up Sh!t Creek!
    • OrangeDonRump
      To answer your other whiny question, Linda, I'm not arguing with believers about their silly cult BS, I state facts and leave them. Or, answer questions asked of me. Stating a fact in the face of lies posted by other people is simply what Thinking People do... it's never good or healthy for a person to let a lie just sit there without a factual counterpoint. Again, it isn't arguing, it is simply stating facts in the wake of stupid, dishonest, never-validated cult commentary.
      Fact: There are billions more religious than non-religious so obviously their "tactics" whatever they choose ARE WORKING! And I never claimed to be Christlike, in fact I've often said I'm not a good Christian. And you're not important enough in my life to make me angry. I only get angry when I care. You, are like a mosquito.
    • Chicagoan
      There are all kinds of times in history when THE MAJORITY was wrong. Like when slavery was OK with practically everyone (except the slaves). Your "majority is the best position" is a fallacy, Linda, flawed to the very last. And you really go out of your way to show everyone how unChristlike you are.
  • No, I think it just feeds the atheists need for contention and persecution. And the Christian's assumes the need to defend their God and their beliefs and the atheist finds great satisfaction when they can get a Christian to loose their composure and get angry. I don't think it serves to educate or convert anyone.
    • OrangeDonRump
      "I don't think it serves to educate or convert anyone." That is something I believe about you, 100%, and that is - you find little value in people being educated. Which is the foundation of religion. Religion THRIVES in places where education is poor... like Africa, parts of China, the southern US States, etc.
      And in you? Wrong again, I've educated thousands. And you're educating many on what an atheist troll is.
    • Chicagoan
      And you, Linda, seem to be "educating thousands" on what an unChristlike bigot sounds like. And doing a great job of it.