• Well.... not really. Everyone becomes less progressive as they get older. Thus the younger generation becomes more and more "scary" as you get older. Thus older people harken back to older times and the right wing ideals of keeping things as their rose coloured views would have it.
    • Linda Legion
      Interesting J, thanks for your input, makes sense.
  • No. Wingers need more pace and are best suited for youngsters. The elderly go in goal or become centre halves.
    • Linda Legion
      Very good Jessica -Jane. I wondered what you meant at first, but I got there in the end. Tee-her.
    • Beaker Five-O
      I'm happy for you !
  • The political pendulum swings back and forth. I am nearly 60 and there is no movement toward the "right wing". If anything these times have emboldened the progressive stance and involvement. Over the years the parties have shifted around where now they are stuck in the same rut of excessive influence from big money donors. Those reps that reject pac's and only take individual donations hold my greatest interest.
  • it probably depends on the person since everyone is different
  • Not for me. I think I used to be more conservative than I am now that I have suffered illness and homelessness. I'm more interested in helping others through their challenges. I used to think if I could work my butt off as a single parent on minimum wage and manage to pay my bills everyone should be able to do the same. I thought people who weren't working weren't trying, they were just being lazy and trying to get something for nothing. And some of them are. Some don't know any other way, its how they were raised. Others have physical and mental illnesses they have no control over. Some of them weren't blessed with the abilities I had. Some just need a hand up so they can once again take care of themselves. But its the children I weep for the most. Sometimes in life people need help. And some individuals will always need help. But overall I'm still fairly conservative. I believe in personal accountability for ones' actions.
    • Roaring
      Beautifully said Linda Joy
  • That is kind of a general, broad brushing belief, and as will every generality, there are exceptions. I know of many, many exceptions, so I have to disagree.
  • Not sure. In my case, I began as an Independent in my twenties. I voted according to whichever candidate had the best stand, meaning the most views I agreed with. I don't recall exactly when, but a time came when I started to notice the Democrats had less and less to offer a centrist. I'd guess their drift to the whacko Left started sometime in the 1980s. I voted for their candidates less and less, and by the 1990s it was rare. Sometime around then the centrists of the Democrat Party was expelled, and infested the Republican Party as NeoCons (or as I call them, undercover double agents of the democrats). With zero excuses to vote for the leftist controlled democrats, and very limited incentive to vote for the NeoCon contaminated Republicans, my drift to the right-wing was insured. I'd say my continued drift to the "right-wing" is not so much the result of me getting older, as it was a response to the leftardation of the democrats, and libtardation of the republicans.
    • 1465
      Democrats have had less to offer for much longer than that - they have been anti-American since they brought slavery to America. Woodrow Wilson sold America out in WW1 and FDR was a traitor who provoked the attack on Pearl Harbor just to get America involved in WW2 - it was he who opened the door to Communism.
    • Franco333
      Maybe, but once upon a time they would come up with stuff I agreed with, at least individual candidates would....but that was long ago and far away...a different time and different place.
  • Knowing what is right or wrong is not a political issue - it's a moral one that is exploited by politicians. The media is a valuable tool in the wrong hands. It's a tool of manipulation that controls what people believe, leading them to support one political side or the other. I was raised with Conservative values and I have neither increased nor decreased them - I just know what is right and what is wrong.
  • The general quote says if you're not conservative by 35, you have no brain. Just sayin'.
  • I'm black so being a Democrat was pretty knee jerk. but when I bought my first house, I changed parties. I also started listening to Rush Limbaugh because I wanted to know what those mean Republicans (namely Reagan) had in store for me and I wanted to be ready. I was surprised when I agreed with almost everything Rush was talking about; patriotism, capitalism, legal immigration, and getting rid of liberal academia that brainwashes our children to believe in socialism. It takes you to get to your 30's to realize the left is corrupt and power mad.
  • It depends on the individual. I am 70 years old, and I've always been liberal
  • I believe that some younger people that go to college learn the left wing of thinking. Then when you live in the real world, the right wing makes more sense.
    • Charin Cross
      true dat! : )
  • not true