• You should see a doctor. But medications have side effects Read up on them before you decide to get the medication, As for sleeping, melatonin works well for me. It's natural and you can get it at Wal-Mart, or probably any drug store without a prescription. Take it an hour to 30 min before bed time. You can choose what you think about and it's best to practice that now! But there are medications for anxiety as well. You may want to talk to your school counselor.
    • WILLIAM COLLINS-CURRIE
      Great advice Linda...she should also talk to her mom about these issues also
    • wonderwoman1983
      see if you can talk to someone you trust first and see if you can fix your anxiety without medication. Medication should be the last resort , some of them have some pretty awful side affects.
  • This is about the "fidgeting". And "anxiety". First of all, don't claim it as "my anxiety". It is not a part of you like your eyes or hands. And it doesn't "belong" to you. There is a mind/body connection. Calming the body calms the mind. As the mind relaxes, the body relaxes more. And so on. It is like a "feedback loop" where each calms the other more and more. Find a comfortable place. Chair, bed, hot bath, or, weather permitting, in a park, by a creek, wherever you will not be disturbed. Just breathe. Just "be". And be still. "Be still and know that I am God" -Holy Bible