• cause thats what they believe
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Yet, they all don't agree with each other. 1 Timothy 4:1-2 "But the [Holy Spirit] explicitly and unmistakably declares that in later times some will turn away from the faith, paying attention instead to deceitful and seductive spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 [misled] by the hypocrisy of liars whose consciences are seared as with a branding iron [leaving them incapable of ethical functioning],"
  • Right..... there is only one Truth...... One God and many many interpretations and understandings through confused minds. .....Religions talk about what they believe to be true but never ever give one a direct experience of God. .....No amount of quoting scripture will ever give one a direct experience of that Absolute Truth within us.... .....God exists within you as you, and that Absolute Christ Consciousness can be experienced and known. .....At that point confusion ends and enlightenment ensues...... go here and understand how to experience that Absolute Truth within you......
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Thanks for sharing, thumbs up! "All interpretations" can always be corrected. Quote: "Religions talk about what they believe to be true but never ever give one a direct experience of God." That's because they are spiritually discerned with no proper guidance.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Quote: "No amount of quoting scripture will ever give one a direct experience of that Absolute Truth within us...." Anyone can quote Scripture, but not everybody can quote it in context.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Sayyys you?
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Silly willy.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Sayyys you, Free Willy? *Facepalm*
  • Different denominations have come about because of divisions in what various groups interpret different verses. One of the worst in doing so are the Baptists. It is just good they believe in the same Lord God and Jesus Christ.
  • Because people who wish to justify their own values or interests try to translate "Truth". I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran, but I respect all Bible-believing denominations that follow God instead of the world.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Good answer. 2 Timothy 4:3 made it clear that the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine. Instead, they will suit their own twisted desires to justify their own interests.
      Isn't is sad, Jenny_Rizzo this is happening in the world even as we speak!
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Thinker, Christians are more divided now than ever. I get along better with non-denominational Christians, because most of them left their church for a reason. And believe me, that reason was most likely beyond Scripture.
  • Different interpretations
  • In the year 108AD, a bishop named Ignatius of Antioch wrote a letter to a church while he was being taken as a prisoner to Rome to be killed in the arena. He named the Catholic Church in that letter. They were the only Christians up until the great schism of the 11th century when the Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church split apart. Those two were then the only forms of actual Christianity for over 500 more years when the the protestant reformation occurred. Since then, Christianity has devolved into a free for all "interpretations" of the bible, with each one claiming to be led by the Holy Spirit. The old saying is the that the protestants multiply by division.
  • There are many Christians who do not understand that God changes His plan with people. In the Old Testament, God's plan was to use the people of Israel to bring the rest of the world to Him. Throughout the Old Testament and the gospels the Jews failed again and again. In the New Testament God raised the Apostle Paul to end the Mosaic Law and teach salvation is not through works, but only believing in Jesus Christ dying on the cross for our sins and rising the third day. Many denominations still cling to many Old Testament, Jewish stuff. Different denominations cling to different Jewish stuff. Then there are different beliefs about the end times, but that is for another time.
  • Think of it as different roads leading into the same city. It matters little which one you take since you're still headed to the same destination.
  • The ones who say "there is only one truth" are typically the ones who charge all other denominations with being "heretics" or "apostates" or "doomed to Hell" or what-have-you. Obviously there is more than one truth. And when I say "obviously", I really do mean "OBVIOUSLY". There are many reasons for the multiplicity of Christian denominations. The major (sort of general categories of) reasons are: *** irreconcilable differences in doctrine (even if there were only "one truth", the two groups cannot agree on what that "truth" is) *** disagreements regarding leadership (one group wants one person as leader, another group wants another person as leader) *** national boundaries (some "denominations" of Christianity are traditionally national, and these denominations tend to form a separate and distinct denomination - with its own, distinct, independent leadership - in each nation in which they are present)
  • Interpretation, corruption, different mystical experience. I don't really get involved in denominations, I read the Bible as it is, I pray, I have had my own experiences, I will speak about it to those who are not merely there to "take the Mick,"
  • Christianity is a very comlicated religion. Look up "Son of Man' The OT mentions it many times but it can have up to five meanings. The Council of Nicea was drawn to figure out who Jesus actually was. The problem is the Bible is an anthology book written by many authors who contradict each other. Also some people lie. An Evangelical group called The WAY MINISTRY even says that Jesus was a murderer, lol