• 9-23-2017 No - there are no US jobs to build the kind of crap that China builds. The problem is counterfeit money. There is no honest money anywhere in the world. Every country just creates as much money as the politicians want to spend. That always leads to a collapse, and almost every country in the world is showing signs. For instance, Greece has already stolen all bank deposits. When they found out the KGB was a big depositor they put a little over half of it back. Germany has set up plans to do the same, and France and USA are thinking about it. China is irrelevant, except that China is also in the counterfeit money business. The world's countries do not need cleverer policies, they need to get honest. That is called "austerity" and nobody but nobody wants that. So the world will plow on into total collapse.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Thanks for sharing! A total world collapse would bring in a one-world government. That's why we hear rumors of war. To move to product quality, I am neutral. Not all US products are great, and not all Chinese products are bad. When comparing quality, that all depends on the product category. US and Chinese products are not something to brag about. The "general perceptions" are in German cars, Italian fashion and French cosmetics.
    • Jewels Vern
      I recently went shopping for shoes and the first thing I told the clerk was that I was not buying anything made in China. Fortunately that store got its shoes made in India, so I was able to get some. They're not great, but they're ok.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Made in China shoes are terrible. You mostly find those at Walmart.
    • Jewels Vern
      The last time I bought shoes I went to J. C. Penney. They came from China. I had to take a left shoe from one box and a right shoe from a different box to get a pair that seemed to be sewn together straight. After wearing them for a while, I realized that the tongue of one shoe was not sewn in right.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      J. C. Penney is an economical store. You can't expect much quality there. I prefer to shop online. I usually buy my footwear from my sister in Italy who works at a boot boutique. I get great discounts. Other places were I buy my footwear is at Saks Fifth Avenue. You can get special orders there, although the prices are not cheap. I get layaway plans on expensive footwear. Going to active shoes were the tongue is not sewn in right, any sporting goods store will offer active shoes that will last.
    • Charin Cross
      almost everything I buy has a "made in China" tag on it. it's not good that China makes so many of our products. China makes our medicine, they make our masks. It's not good to be so dependent on another country halfway around the world for almost everything America needs to function. That's what Trump's trade agreement was fixing. American needs to make more of its own stuff!!
    • Victorine
      Saks Off Fifth offers high-quality shoes from many labels and at excellent prices. I've bought a number of Saks house label shoes there. As for the possibility of a "one world government," anyone who believes in that really needs professional treatment for conspiracytheoryitis.
    • 1465
      China is not "taking" US jobs, they're taking over the economy through free trade, selling their slave-labor produced products cheaper than Americans can produce them for. This is why "buy American made" store owners can't compete with the likes of Walmart and others who buy from China. Originally, America was supposed to collect its revenue through tariffs. It has since changed course, collecting its revenue through taxation. "Counterfeit money" hit the nail on the head. The Federal Reserve Notes that the government is producing are called "fiat" money - they have nothing of value to back them. The Constitution specifically says that nothing but gold and silver will be the medium of trade. This law has since been violated - gold in 1933 and silver in 1964. This is why they can increase their budgets into the trillions of dollars each year. You can bet your ass that if gold and silver were still the official standards, they wouldn't be throwing it away so recklessly.
  • i hope not but that might be why i cant find one
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      And which country do you live in silly man?
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      BTW, your quotes are misplaced.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Then you avoid my question.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Very silly of you.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      You wanted to dance with me. :D
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      You're too slow for me.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      That's right.
    • 1465
      Don't you just love it when someone backpedals so fast that they drop clean out of sight? :)
  • No, the US was practically forcing businesses to go elsewhere by having the highest corporate taxes in the world, raising minimum wages and not enough tariffs on imports. Trump is taking steps to correct this.
  • Indirectly, if you could pay your workers $2 / day!
  • No. They steal intellectual property an make knockoffs.
    • bostjan64
      No, the Chinese brand is "improved." For example, Adidas shoes have only three stripes, but Addidus has four stripes! 50% less cost to the consumer and 33% more stripes (also 33% more letter "D" in the brand name! The factory also says "Height jump running premium quality athletic basketball fashion sports shoe." Hard to argue with that item description. Seriously, though, if people would stop wasting their money on this type of garbage, these scams wouldn't be so prevalent.
      lol
  • Many countries outsource to China.
  • China's not "taking" them. US companies send work there because it's a lot cheaper to manufacture goods there. Go complain to their CEOs if you don't like this outsourcing.
  • Trump did a great job bring jobs back from China, but with Biden in charge he will probably allow more jobs to go to China. I only say that because that is what happened when he was vice president.
    • OrangeDonRump
      "Trump did a great job bring jobs back from China" --- really Doug? Which jobs did Orange Don bring back from China?? Because there were 3.1 million fewer US jobs in December 2020 than in January 2017 when Trump took office. And, his stupid tariff war with China?? The Federal Reserve indicated that tariffs on Chinese goods cost the average household $831 a year. So, I'll wait for your answer.
    • Douglas Wade
      Did you live in a cave when Trump was president? It is a well known fact that he renegotiated trade teals with China, Mexico and others and brought hundred of thousands of manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. When he said, "putting America first", what do you think he was talking about?
  • they are talking many jobs world wide and why, cause some companies pay them small wages ..lots of clothes now in the big shops are dirt cheap made in china and India etc but poor quality now , when same shops used to have australian made and they were nice quality but hard to find an aussie made now in them big shops...
  • I saw a Chinese lady working at Nordstrom yesterday. OMG, what should we do?
  • The Chinese can only "take" a US job if they are better at it. Its a selection process, not a lottery. lol
  • They aren't taking jobs - they're infusing their cheaply made slave-produced products into our weak economy and we just can't compete. [] "No state shall make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts." - Article 1 section 10, US Constitution The DEMOCRATS created the FEDERAL RESERVE BANK in 1913 The FEDERAL RESERVE BANK started issuing FEDERAL Reserve Notes also in 1913. FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES are "fiat" currency - meaning they have nothing of value to back them up. The DEMOCRATS took the US off of the Gold Standard in 1933. The DEMOCRATS took the US off of the Silver Standard in 1964. The DEMOCRATS have since been increasing the government budget by trillions of dollars per year. They're trying to run this country into the ground. (They also got the US into two world wars.) If gold and silver were still the standards of currency, you can bet your ass they would not be throwing it away so recklessly.