• Some just don't know any better.
  • Well it all depends on the law... there are some very silly laws in this world. I base what I do on whether it will be disrespectful to another person or the environment... either of which I will not do... otherwise ANYTHING goes ;)
    • 1465
      There is nothing in the Constitution nor the Rule of Law that guarantees "respect". Respect is earned, not demanded.
  • Rules are for the obediance of fools and the guidance of wise men... Or so I've been informed.
  • Some don't agree with some of the laws, some because whatever they are doing that is illegal is fun, and some because it is a short-cut to getting what they want, such as bank robbers.
  • Poverty, survival, immoral or unjust laws, self-preservation, rationalization (it is okay to break the law because...).
  • They are called criminals!
  • Some people truly believe they are above the law. Take our last administration...they broke so many laws because they truly felt they were above 'em. Arrogant, pompous and ignorant people break the law. Simple as that. :)
  • Because it's so easy to get away with it.
  • I think in a lot of cases it is because the laws are unfair or pointless.
  • They have no respect for others or others property, OR the law. They think they have the right to have and take whatever belongs to others, without having to earn them, themselves. Also that they have the right to hurt others physically, just because they can. They just dont care.
  • Too many laws. They're not enforced. And if you've got lots of money, you can just buy yourself a suitable justice.
  • Honestly because the law sometimes only works for the criminals
  • That is wrong
  • For starters, you will be hard pressed to find anyone who agrees with every law. Most of us break some law and don't lose any sleep over it. Most of us find some way to rationalize or downplay it.
  • I agree with Rosie. Laws are their to protect other people's rights. Those who break it, infringe upon the rights of others and do not perform their duty towards others as a citizen.
  • They were probably brought up in homes where there were few, or no, rules to be observed. Everyone just did their own thing, disrespected the opinions and needs of others and, simply, wanted their own way. If this attitude is not corrected in the home by parents then they will take that attitude with them to their place or work, the leisure centre, the parks and playing fields etc. If they see something in a shop and they want it, those type of people will just take it. Indisciplined children become indisciplined adults.
  • Breaking the law seems to be the trend these days, from potus all the way down to rioters and looters in the streets. It seems that some people really are "above the law".
  • Some believe that the government has no right to dictate their actions. Some believe that there are "special circumstances" that give them the right, or OUGHT to give them the right, to break the law. etc. (It's pretty amazing to see, if you're around such people, which I am every day. They despise law-abiding citizens and the law, they fear and hate police officers, etc. I.e. their entire attitude is exactly the opposite of a law-abiding citizen's. But especially weird is that they actually consider breaking the law to be their right, and anyone who tries to - legally - pressure them to comply with the law is wrong for doing so.)
  • oops double ups are happening here for me for no good reason😈
  • because they are crooks!!!!😈
  • It's not so much that they think it's "OK" -- unless they are sociopaths who believe that whatever they want is more important than mere laws. It's that they want whatever it is so badly, and can't figure out some legal way to get/do it, that they are willing to break the law and risk arrest and incarceration. There's also the fact that many crimes are committed in the heat of great anger, so the criminal isn't thinking about whether what he's doing is OK or not. He or she is just acting out or responding to something in a rage.
  • They got that attitude from Orange Don. If the President can piss on the law, so can I!!
  • There are people who like to break the law because they are criminals who should be in jail or prison depending on the crime.
  • Doesn't the law even dictate that you can't pick your butt in public? I'm sure it does. Stupid people create laws, and over the years, there have been over-smack-load stupid people. A law is not broken unless caught.