ANSWERS: 3
  • http://www.poison-ivy.org/html/faq.htm
  • Lysol kills bacteria, not poison ivy. There doesn't seem to be anyway to remove it other than scrubbing since it's the oil found in the leaves, vines, and roots that cause the problems. Perhaps a degreaser would help. Or maybe you could cover your shoes/boots with plastic bags then remove and discard them.
  • 2-2-2017 The poison in poison ivy, oak, or sumac is an oily substance called urushiol. It is washed off with soap and water. Disinfectant has nothing to do with it. Your only protection, besides soap and water, is to avoid the area, or to be Chinese. Chinese people are immune to urushiol and nobody knows or cares why. They make lacquer out of the stuff and paint furniture with it. http://nowiknow.com/the-red-menace/

Copyright 2018, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy