• No I don't.
  • No. Religion doesn't always have a happy ending.
  • Of course. It was made up a few thousand years ago as a way to keep people in line.
  • Fairy Tales can come true---- it can happen to you, if you're young at heart.....That's a song, btw..:-D
  • Yes, Christianity, Atheism, Hinduism... All miserable failures.
  • That's a demeaning wording. I sort of define "religion" as a codification of moral precepts and what people long ago saw as the "correct" way to worship their concept of God. Of course this can be carried to extreme lengths. But I think it originated, at least in part, as a way to understand the nature of existence, of the universe, of the Allness, of God, that some people discerned. So even if people understand it or phrase it or practice it inexpertly, it's kind of uncalled-for to belittle their beliefs. (Yes, "religious" people should likewise not demean others.)
  • Yes, Myths. They all Myth the Point of How to love your neighbor.
  • Well, fairy tales are pretty much confined to children, but I don't think that it's unfair to call Religion a Fairy Tale... Thus, it would be a fairy tale for people who are mentally still children. I'm just kidding around, but still: I can't wait to see how massively I get rated down for this : P
  • No. That's oversimplifying it.
  • I'm not sure. No-one ever blew up a mosque over Rumpelstiltskin.
  • No, I do not.
  • no - I'm not fond of organized religion of any persuasion, but if it gives comfort to the believers, then religion seems to accomplish its purpose from my perspective.
  • Religion is NOT a fairy tale for adults. Can not even compare the two.
  • The complexity of our universe, life and systems of life is impossible to achieve by random chance. Utterly impossible. Anyone who takes those odds over design is being unreasonable and irrational. We have a creator, so then, who and where is it? Fairy tales are for people who want to ignore reality. God - the truth - is very scary to confront, for good reason. Still, you should do it.
  • No. Popular culture is a sad fairy tale filled with immoral values, including: - A disrespect for God and religion - A disrespect for lawful authority - A disrespect for our human dignity - Lust and Sex (outside of marriage) - Envy, greed and consumerism - Anger and Violence - Drug abuse including smoking and alcohol - Vanity, outside is more important than inside - Prejudice and hate Religion is where a human being seaches for God, or even better, lets God find him or her. You become truly happy when you love God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind and love your neighbor as yourself. This is what the Beatitudes are all about. With love in Christ.
  • No, I do not. -In the Master's service. Thank you and God bless you!
  • Maybe if it was written by the Brothers Grimm, but alot, lot worse and more disgusting most of the time.
  • yes it's a coping mechanism at best.
  • Technically, it can't be proven. However, I believe that it is a story, much like santa clause for example, that is made up in order to explain a greater meaning. They say santa brings us presents if were good so we should be good. The whole point, is to tell children that being good will benefit them more than being bad. I find that religion is a bit of the same thing. They say that if you kill and whatnot, you won't go to heaven. The main point being, that if your good to others, they will be good to you etcetera. The story might be false, but the point is still valid. Hope that made sense :D
  • Yes I do. If one of the worlds religion would be true, one would negate the other. The argument of putting all religions under one common denominator (all the different gods are actually one and the same god or God = love) usally contradicts or grocely misrepresents the text in the books on which the religion was founded in the first place. The argument that there probably is something more out there is not religion anymore it is just a belief just as any other set of beliefs. Anyway it always makes common sense to keep an open eye to all possibillities left within the realm of realistic scenario's. Challenge science on its own terrain prove or disprove theories with evidence not ignorance.
  • Not at all. You know, I think it's crap that people say stuff like this. It's one thing for you to believe this, but another for you to flaunt your feelings about it in a leading question. I'm not gonna say people who don't believe in a religion are mindless losers, just because I don't agree with their beliefs. Nicest thing to do, would be to not have asked this question, since it's obvious you already feel this way about the subject, and you are doing it just to piss religious people off. Have a good day, and GOD bless.
  • Religion is not necessarily a fairy tale. However, most specific religions ARE nothing more than a fairy tale because that's what people want. They are just fairy tales tailored to answer life's big questions. People feel better having an answer than feeling helpless. Nobody bombs over Rumplestiltskin, true. But only because nobody has chosen to believe this story is real or it is the word of god. It is just as real as any religion, separated only by people's decisions about its meaning.
  • No, I do not believe it's a fairy tale for adults but I think it's a difficult acceptance for those young (or young minded) people who struggle in life or especially with themselves. I heard my 17 year old step son say this very thing (the bible (religion) is a fairy tale) about a month ago. He is a burnout and a very hostile person who is very confused with life, although if you ask him, he knows about everything and anything.
  • YES it is, I agree 100%. Without religion the world would be a much better place to live. No killing in the name of "God", no one trying to convert you into their religion, no quotes from the bible.