• I've been driving for almost 40 years now. About 3 months ago, I went in to renew my driver's license and BMV refused to do it. Why? The Social security administration had my date of birth as 1870. Obviously, I'm not 149 years old. Not only was it an obvious mistake, but my birth certificate wasn't good enough. Nor was my expiring driver's license. Or my CCW permit. Or my DD214. They really had no idea what I needed to do to get that 8 changed to a 9. Apparently after all my time in the Marine Corps, my background on my security clearance, the ATF background I just went through for my FFL, my federal pension, my state pension. Apparently they all had it wrong. The Social Security administration was right, and everyone else was wrong. The one thing they did want was a signed, notarized letter from my parents stating my date of birth. Well, mom and dad are dead, so that's not happening. Well, we need their death certificates. Why? To prove that they can't give us a signed letter. Ok, so then what? We'll let you know. 3 months this took before the local supervisor said, "F*ck it, I'll just change it." Done. Government work at its finest here. And they want to manage everyone's healthcare?
      How about a commercial insurance carrier that denied payment for a medical procedure which required an additional medical report, but paid for the report? Can't pin everything on a disinterested or incompetent official; it happens in many settings.
      At least in private companies there is accountability. There is none in government.
      I'm not tracking your question, Dandy.
  • i dont care who runs it as long as i get it
      Irregardless of who's paying for it? Where is your responsibility to the person who's paying for your healthcare?