• I left home at 14 to attend a military school in another city. I came home from that school for about two years and went into the Navy. Although I have come home many times I have never lived at home again. I am almost 80 now and live alone. Both my parents are now gone.
      I salute you (properly I might add! ;-) ) Thank you for your service! Where did you serve?
      You are welcome but I do not talk about my service as I am opposed to the military because they do not protect the USA but make big business richer. I served in the Pacific. That was in the 1950's
      Thank you
  • the day before I turned 18. Joined the Navy, otherwise I would have been drafted into the Army the next day...
      Oh my! Things were sure different back then! Where did you serve?
      What did you do in the Navy?
  • When I was 30 years old
      Do you feel that gave you a better start in life? Or do you think your independence was hindered by that?
  • when i was almost 18 and went away to college
      Where did you go to college?
    • pearllederman
      oswego, ny
      SUNY? What was your major?
    • pearllederman
      didnt know what i wanted to do, i just took liberal arts
      Have you thought about going back?
    • pearllederman
      i did go back but i flunked out both times, not going back now
  • When i was at 20 years old...
      What did you do then?
  • I was 17. All I owned was my car and what I could fit in a duffel bag...I have no kids that I know of.
      What did you do then?
  • I left at 21 and felt like I was running away from home. Lol
      Why did you feel like you were running away? What did you do then?
    • Rick
      I had never been away from home before I moved with just a few things 360 miles from home. I started working soon after in a body shop. Now my home is 22 miles south of there. Macon Mo >>>>> Moberly Mo.
  • 15 years old ...i met a boy when i was 13...and at 15 my parents had to go back to bulgaria.and i staid in greece to finish my school and i went to live with that boy.i did finish school i was great.before them leaving me i was a very weak pupil.now im 20 years old hv one doughter 7 months old and im married to that boy.
      So he's a man now! I wish you the best! Did you both get education? You can do it online now! So much simpler than when I was a parent!
    • Petia Batzakidou
      Well no college i want too but not so good iconomics home