• Somebody must have got water on the comic books and the TV somehow got broken. :)
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Very funny.
    • Rick
      Once again glad to make you laugh. Lol
    • zwatcher
      the watchers are an ancient race of aliens who once made a terrible mistake and swore never to repeat it, to watch and not interfere
  • I have seen this as dealing with ancient history some of which people claim was removed from the Bible, possibly by King James. I am not a believer but this is what I understand (in an extreme nutshell and probably not 100% accurate): The Watchers were ancient angles at the time humans were beginning to populate the earth. They were in charge of watching over and helping mortals on earth to survive and get along. They came down and lived among humans but God ordered them not to divulge a number of technologies like manipulating fire. Problem was that many of them fell in love with mortals and began marrying them and having offspring. As that took place they defied God and gave the humans fire and other technology, which angered God. I believe they became the "fallen angles" one of which became Lucifer who had a particularly contentious relationship with God and of course became the devil. There are some who believe that Lucifer actually sided with humans and helped them when God would not...?
      Partially correct and a good attempt but there is more to the answer. What happened to them? Why?
  • The people who got jobs due to the Patriot Act. They are spying on your every keystroke. They are still here but you'll never see them since its all computer code.
  • The Watchers are what many unbelievers consider today as aliens from a different planet. To a believer, (Daniel 4:13) describes Holy angels as Watchers who "intercede" with the righteous. On the contrary, there are also fallen angels known as the Nephilim who evolved in Genesis 6:1-4. After the flood, they were wiped out, but since they were "divine" according to Scripture, the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim remained on Earth by the sons of Anak. (Numbers 13:33) In today's modern world, the Nephilim remain present and are highly active in "higher places" like: watchtowers, technology and with masterminds to deceive mankind, despite no longer having a physical body. The Bible proclaims that Satan is behind all this: 2 Corinthians 4:4 "In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."
      mostly correct
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      I don't believe in aliens or in other planets in case you are thinking that. I'm using the beginning of my sentence to explain how the ungodly observes the unseen.
      The nephilim were not the angels but the offspring of the angels. They were giants often being over 4000 cubits in height. They were vicious and caused great problems on the earth. The flood was caused by God to rid the world of the nephilium. The full information about the Watchers is found in the first part of the Book of Enoch part one
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Quote: "The nephilim were not the angels but the offspring of the angels." This is literal thinking. The Bible states man and woman will become one flesh. Literally, two individuals remain, but in the spiritual sense, man and woman are both one. Therefore, the Nephilim and the fallen angels are one (due to), the "offspring."
    • mugwort
      To Thinker5 Then A DONAI saw that the wickedness of humankind was great on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of their heart was only evil all the time. 6 So A DONAI regretted that He made humankind on the earth, and His heart was deeply pained. 7 So A DONAI said, ?I will wipe out humankind, whom I have created, from the face of the ground, from humankind to livestock, crawling things and the flying creatures of the sky, because I regret that I made them.? "Tree of Life Holy Scriptures": To me this passage clearly shows it was the wickedness of humankind that made the LORD destroy the earth in a flood.
  • In the Book of Enoch, the watchers (Aramaic עִירִין, iyrin) are angels dispatched to Earth to watch over the humans. They soon begin to lust for human women and, at the prodding of their leader Samyaza, defect en masse to illicitly instruct humanity and procreate among them.
      Bingo but there is still much more to the demise of the watchers. The Book of Enoch has the whole story of the watchers.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Thinker, let us know your take on this subject. I said the same thing as GOPAL123 in my answer, but with biblical reference. Yet, you tell others there is more to the story. Don't keep it in secret. This is AB were we can share with other users.
      OK Jenny, Your wish my desire. As several have said, the Watchers were a group of 200 angels the Lord God sent to earth to watch over the people. They found the human women beautiful and married them. They had intercourse with the human women and the women had children of the angels. These children were huge giants known as the Nephilim. The book of Enoch lists them as being 3000 cubits tall (approx. 4,500 ft) The Watchers taught the humans how to make swords, shields and breast plates others other things. The Nephilim were vicious and made life miserable for humans. God repented for making humans and was going to destroy all life on the earth riding the earth of the evilness of the people especially the Nephilim God found favour in Noah and spared him and his family. The entire story of the Watchers and the Nephilim can be found in the Book of Enoch. it can be found on You tube and also in book form and even Kindle.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Thinker, thanks for sharing! My religious beliefs are based on the Bible. I added Genesis 6:1-4 in my answer, which talks about how the Nephilim evolved, who were they and what were their intentions. I also added Numbers 13:33. The verse mentions the huge giants by the sons of Anak. Just in the word Nephilim, it is related to the verb series "to fall" in Hebrew. It couldn't be any clearer, fallen angels still abide with mankind. It is a spiritual warfare.
      Jenny, I hope if you have not read the Book of Enoch you do so. It is very interesting and names all the angles and their doings. You can listen to it on youtube under Enoch.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Thinker, the Spirit of truth is all we need to understand the indiscernible in comparison to what scholars think. Other than that, will do.
  • In the Bible it talks of watchers and it is sort of about what we call today as night guards. Who are to warn people. But in the Bible it is talking about people not accepting Him despite the warnings and perish.
  • never heard of them
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      The Nephilim were giants in the Bible who frightened Israelite soldiers.
  • There are no such things as Watchers in the Bible. This is something that was made up for movies, tvs and games. For the truth about the Bible and its teachings please visit jworg
  • Why did Jehovah God create the myriads of angels???? It is THEY who watch over us...and can act to cause or prevent happenings on this earth... And any one angel has tremendous powers... (Isaiah 37:36) And the angel of Jehovah went out and struck down 185,000 men in the camp of the As