• 10-3-2017 [2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;] [Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.] [1 Peter 4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.]
      I'm thinking it was from the old western way back in my parents time. I didn't see the one with Leonardo DiCaprio. But yeah from The Bible, too!
    • Jewels Vern
      People have been quoting that line ever since the bible was first printed in English. Some movies misinterpreted it as "the SWIFT and the dead". (Quick actually means alive.)
  • I'm pretty sure there is both a Western book and a Western movie called "The Quick and the Dead."