• I agree with you completely that this whole thing IS backwards. The players are offending the customers. The customers control the gate receipts, the sales generated by advertising, endorsements and the billions of dollars in tax subsidies these teams receive from local, state and federal governments. They shame themselves by condemning the system that is making them way richer than you and me. The other day I found the NFL Players Inc. website. While there I found a list of sponsors. Anheuser-Busch, Barclaycard US, Bose, Bridgestone, Campbell's Soup Company, Castrol, Courtyard Marriott, Dairy Management, Inc. (Fuel Up to Play 60), Dannon, Extreme Networks, FedEx, Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Hyundai Motor America, Mars Snackfood, Microsoft, Nationwide, News America, Papa John's, Pepsi, Procter & Gamble, Quaker, Verizon, Visa, USAA. Here is a link to that list https://www.nflpa.com/players/sponsors
  • 9-27-2017 The NFL has a written policy that the national anthem will be played at every game and all players will be present in line and stand in a prescribed manner. So what we have here is like you bought a ticket to a play and the players refuse to follow the script.
  • Both sides seem a little self-absorbed.
  • Personally there's not much in a society that one can agree to. That's why we have brains!
  • 9-27-2017 It's religious: the whole country is possessed by a spirit of stupid.
  • Trump is the wrong guy to have on this (or any) debate. He is a dullard and divisive figure who thrives on making conflict, and then using it as an exhibit to remonstrate with his followers. Sort of like what Hitler and Stalin would do in creating problems and then showing up the people who responded to it. The simple fact is that the national anthem like religion and opinions is covered under freedom of speech laws. If players and people want to remonstrate about it, or not observe it, then they have the right to do so under current laws. That's the main problem with Trump and his "trumpanzee" followers. They forget the laws exist to keep them in check, as well everyone else.
    • Vittorio 'Sam' Manunta-Lowell
      If you'll amount to anything, I might respect you! Obviously you're the bunch on handout lines. Keep it up you failure!
  • I agree with him. Those whining millionaires should stand and show the proper respect. I'm a big football fan, but I will not support them now that guys on my team took a knee.