• No, it's just the car manufacturers revolutionary new method of population control.
      Lol seriously though I think they're going to prove to be safer than human drivers.
      Maybe some day, but who would be at fault when one mows down a bunch of pedestrians at a crossing in the mean time ?
      North Korea ?
      I should have known it would be Humpty's fault ...
      Missile to Canada. Missile to Canada. And do something about that echo. About that echo.
      I can't afford a bomb shelter ... so I'll go hide under my bed, and that echo is coming from your end .. rear end that is ..
      You were selling bomb shelters the other day. What happened to your thriving, little business ? And where's my refund ?
      I only had three and sold out. Your refund ? Just because you only wanted two windows doesn't mean I'm going to refund you for the other eight.
      Seems fair. I think world peace will break out any day soon and we will all live in harmony for eternity.
      Hug a Muslim or two and see where it gets you.
      I don't think I can stoop that low. Will an Amish do the job ?
      I don't think they're into hugging Muslims either...
      Does anyone have the capability of Muslim hugging ? Perhaps Mr. Donging could team-up with the Muslims and take control of Planet Earth. One day soon we will all be bent over on our knees, kissing Humpty's Dumpty and sporting weird hair-pieces. Thinking about it, I do all that now anyway. Where's my bottle opener.... I need another top-up...?
      Maybe they could form a basket ball team & call themselves "the Harem Globetrotters " ?
      Maybe. Probably want the height of the net to come down three feet first, to avoid any vertically-challenged embarrassment.
      I would imagine wearing all that dynamite must impede their ability to jump very high ..
      Yes, very true. Gives 'em an explosive turn of speed, though.
      I wonder if Nike makes special athletic sandals for them ?
      Mike who ?
      Mike Rowfone ..
      I'd hug a Muslim.
  • 8-6-2017 No, but several hackers have demonstrated how easy it is to take control of any random car, usually through the Bluetooth circuits in the radio. In a home they hack the light bulbs, and occasionally a refrigerator. http://mentalfloss.com/article/503104/7-everyday-objects-hackers-can-target
  • Woe be to the individual(s) responsible for the failure. Airplanes have autopilot. A computer can takeoff and land an airplane nevertheless less a live human being must be at the wheel 100% of the time. Automobiles are not airplanes. The whole idea of a car on autopilot is pointless.
  • I can just see it now. There's an imminent unavoidable collision and a split second to turn right...or left. On the right: two white guys. On the left: three black guys. Car hits the black guys. Uh oh...
      Get real! Even you are smarter than to write that kind of garbage into a program!
    • Mr PantsFellDown
      Oh I wouldn't write THAT in. (. In fact I wouldn't even have driverless cars. I don't see how it could be done without a series of unanticipated fatal flaws. ) But I have spent too much time getting news from Yahoo, and reading things that just aren't right. There seems to be an awful lot of complaining about racism when meanwhile aren't we past that? We had a black president even! Racism isn't acceptable. I think of opportunities for blacks as I do of opportunities for women.....the battle for equality has been won, use it, don't continue to complain about inequality as if there's still a need to (In fact, in Bhudism, which I kind of like, it's said that what you think of will have to happen, just because you thought of it) So blacks and women really should just imagine there's a level playing field (or a solid expectation of one) and just enjoy it, not go out and clamor about how one race's lives matter while the rest if the races, WHO CARES.! (THAT'S not much of a message, and they managed to piss me off with it really. It's unnecessary, selfish, it's CAUSING RACIST tensions we didn't have, and it's not solving imaginary ones. It's causing new unwanted unneeded racial tension. ....I think when I first got angry over this was when I saw people bitching about how cops are shooting black people, when in reality, they're shooting PEOPLE. Its not just blacks! Why would they SAY that!! I'm white and I'm afraid to interface with a cop or even go outside frankly! And in Virginia they shoot people's tail-wagging dogs!! So how is this supposed to be about blacks and screw 'whitey' ???????? (That was the term in the 70's, which I THOUGHT was where we left this stuff) But that's the tone in America I've seen developing over the last year. I'm sad to see it happen. I thought we were all getting along ok now. ...But yea, I've been exposed to some of that, while HAVING TO follow the news about how broke Trump is going to make me (his budget calls for taking a third of my money and possibly my housing subsidy altogether). So I watch daily, waiting for the shit to hit the fan. SO far Trump cant get ANYTHING done, not even get a budget submitted, but it will get done in a couple months finally. Anyway, if it weren't for that, I wouldn't even watch news, because people act so crappy. I'd be interested in news about NASA, or you know interesting stuff, and good stuff that happened (does any? ever?) (Well, I wouldn't know. All yahoo tells me of is their anti-Hillary campaigning, and ads disguised as stories, and Kim Kardashian) yikes. .......But no, certainly I wouldn't write racism into a program! What I meant was that - given the current racist-baiting atmosphere now - people would find a way to say it was racist. If it hit the white folks, they'd still say it (and then tell me it was all the "libtards" fault and how Obama is evil and Hillary should be boiled in oil (I probably shouldn't go to Yahoo eh? It's as credible a news source as the National Enquirer. But it's where my e-mail is, so they shove news in my face when I log in each day. And I try and just glance and weed out if I'm gonna go hungry or homeless today or not yet. ................................. A better choice I found for news of Trump's adventures in government and golfing is Mother Jones magazine (they e-mail it, it's not right wing, it's the old fashioned kind of news, you know, reporting of what actually happened. LOL) (2017 sucks.) Sorry for all the words, and the misunderstanding.
  • Wait, here's another ethical dilemma. There's an old woman having trouble walking who needs a ride. There's also a couple great sets of boobs..um attached to some lovely young butts, I mean ..oh dear..women !! *sweats* (You don't want ME to write this program, huh?) ..Anyway, the car stops and gives the beach babes a lift. The program's writer claims it was because there were two versus one, so the right choice was made. But was it? ............Or consider this...if you can only save one life or another, which would be worth more: a youngster or an old person? Sure the young person is stronger and hypothetically more able to handle things on her own, and the old lady cant. She "needs" the help more. Sure. Sure But if you were a car, mightn't you imagine the youngster has 60 years left that could be lost, while the aged woman has maybe none? So the youngster has more to lose, and should be saved. .......................................How do we teach a machine to think about such things? Do we let it watch the original Death Race 2000 movie and see if it's either horrified or amused? Or do we have a bleeding heart talk endlessly to it about feelings? Or let someone who cares only of statistics program it? Well, I for one hope this whole driverless cars thing never takes off. After all, THEN how would I be able to run over my neighbor and just tell the cop the gas pedal got stuck again?
      I'm sure many might find this funny. I don't. Sad part is you're one of the few here who could actually have an intelligent conversion about this and you choose to piss away the opportunity and feign ignorance. Oh well, I'm sure you have your reasons.
    • Mr PantsFellDown
      Actually I think in this comment, I wrote it less well than more time might have allowed, but I did touch on a couple points just the same. 1 WHOEVER writes the program will be subject to their individual biases, ie a man really would see tits and save the girl, and make an excuse that sounds good later) etc. 2 - If left to Artificial Intelligence to decide, its bias might be insufficient, so without a human factor, it might just decide if it could only chose to save either on old woman or a youngster, the youngster BY ITS LOGIC has more (time span) to lose, so the old lady gets run over because she has less to lose. THE COMPUTER MIGHT THINK THAT WAY.......but a human might have decided to hope the youngster is strong enough to save herself, so its the old woman who's weak and must be helped. But 3 - How do you assign who or what makes these decisions? Can we really write a complete ethical program and get an AI to follow it? Wouldn't the AI have its own ability to pick and chose, and so not follow everything it was told? And wouldn't it be just to complicated and hard to write such a program that maybe we shouldnt even be thinking of driverless cars for another hundred years?! (I think that.) (I don't think we're ready for such a thing.) Plus... how do you teach a driverless car to chuck the bird when appropriate?? (D'oH! Oh and I was doing so good. *hangs head to feign appropriate shame*