• It's been a while since I read a book. I don't have the kind of mind that will stay quiet and let me listen to someone else's meanderings and rationalizing when there are so many of my own in there already. So I prefer a video presentation on a subject, because a task that could take 30 or 40 hours (reading a book) can be accomplished within 2 hours ( a documentary) (or a movie). ....The last book I remember liking was The Celestine Prophecy. It was kind of "spiritual sci-fi", and it changed the way I think. That's a good thing. I "watched" some Wayne Dyer books on PBS too. Those make me feel empowered, but I never manage to apply what I learned. ...If only there was a book on couch dwelling, or eating pizza, scratching one's self....I'm familiar with those things and might apply a new lesson easily XD. mm... AH! You know what I've been reading for three years now? Music magazines, and tutorials. On music equipment, mainly. (It's a lot more complicated than the equipment I had in the 80's. I remember a "tape" recorder that just had STOP, PLAY, REWIND and FAST FORWARD for buttons. NOW you need a college course to figure out how to run a recorder (you actually do. I've got a 16 track I've had for a year, and still haven't used it. It's daunting. You have to be young and energetic to do all that learning and remembering. *shrug* (I've got an electronic drumset that poses the same problem.) The guitar I know what to do with, so I've just been screwing with that. But that's all the reading I do....then I hit the couch and watch a documentary or a movie, or I read an instruction manual (and then forget all that I've learned within a few weeks of doing so). In the future I may just have Captain Meow read these for me, as he may pick it up quicker and recall the information.
      How do you screw a guitar? Be as graphic as you like--I have one eye closed and the goldfish are out for the night at a sleepover.
      I used to have the same problem with books, but now I have less interruptions and more time. Besides, the books are so much better! Better descriptions and you can know what the character is thinking. Wayne Dyer taught me that jealousy is when you compare yourself to someone else and find yourself lacking. That was probably in my early 20's. It changed the way I thought. I'm sure there were other things I learned but I don't remember what they were. I remember the cassette recorder I got one for Christmas (or birthday) when I was in 6th or 7th grade and I used to record songs off the radio, and sometimes friends and family unawares! I once recorded my grandma saying to my aunts that her legs looked like roadmaps! Lol! I miss her, even though we didn't spend a lot of time together. I'm NOT musically talented. I can play the radio and my mp3 player! I took flute in middle school practiced relentlessly (outside) and played poorly! I took piano in high school with the same results! After marrying I bought my ex an acoustic guitar and a lesson book because he wanted to learn, but he didn't know how to read music so he said he wanted me to learn and teach him. I learned how to play Red River Valley and when I tried to teach him he said I was confusing him! So later I got him one of those electronic guitars you were supposed to be able to play with one finger. He wrote me a song called 'Alabama's got you' Later my son got some kind of game for one of his game consoles it came with drums and a guitar and a microphone for the solos. We had fun with that. I didn't have a lot of time for practice then because my son and my grandson were usually using the equipment and he didn't know the words to the oldies so I ended up doing the solos. Thank you for helping me remember all these nice memories I appreciate it!
      Hey Beaker! Righty tighty lefty Loosey of course!
  • The Art of Racing in the Rain
      What kind of racing?
    • Cruiser - IYNGUYCPL
      Professional car racing. The story is seen through the eyes of the family dog who tells the story of the husband who is striving to get on a race team and being able to race well in the rain is the key to his success. Enzo the dog is a riot to read just an amazing story with a Terms of Endearment ending. A real heartfelt story. I read the book straight through....could not put it down.
  • All of the Three Investigator books. They were better than the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew.
      By Terry F. Lenzner?
    • Anoname
      A couple of different authers contributed to that series. I don't recall any of them.
    • Anoname
      The series was originally called Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators. Then Alfred Hitchcock found out his name was being used and they had to reprint the series with a different mentor for the sluths.