• Dad identifying edible wild plants and then eating them. That one of many.
      How fun! The closest I can relate to that is when my stepfather took us 'hunting' (but NOT with guns!) We would drive around looking for animals and for every one I saw before he did he would give me a varying amount of money. Change for small animals and dollars for larger game. Probably the only change I got was because he was sandbagging! Lol I most likely would never have remembered that without your post to remind me. Thank you! Its a little difficult for me to recall good memories from my childhood!
      Feel free to return and add more memories when you have time!
    • Roaring
      Jogging with dad on a wooded path that had a hairpin turn. I would cut through and say to dad "What's taking you so long" He would reply" Shortcut Sam it at it again.
    • Roaring
      Gluing my mom's sewing machine drawer shut, hearing her stern-but-loving voice say my name, and then watching her with a butter knife and a hammer free it up.
      Lol
  • Dreaming up hilarious ways of getting into trouble with my sister. I'm running out of time for this today or I'd write a bit about that. Great fun we had. Lots of laughter.
      I didn't even have to try! It seemed to come naturally for me! Whew! (Wiping brow) I was getting backlogged! Haha
  • I am going to say every Christmas. My Grandparents would come over on Christmas Eve and stay till Boxing Day. My beautiful, amazing parents would always buy me some wonderful presents, prepare delicious food and just the simple, pure, unbridled pleasure of being together as a family, at a special time, cannot be bettered in my memory bank. How about you, Linda?
      My older sisters had left home by the time I was in second grade and my next older sister to me left when I was 12. My baby brother was born when I was almost 11 so I quickly went from baby of the family to full time babysitter! It was quite an adjustment and a quick growing up! I do remember a bus trip with my sister I was 12 and she was 14. My paternal grandparents had passed (I don't remember knowing them or my father as he left when I was two. I'm getting to the good part, really I am!) We went from Warsaw MO to Minneapolis/ St Paul MN and met my grandmother's sister! She gave us photos and momentos of my father's family! And then after Tina left home we went on the only vacation I remember! We went from Missouri to Yellowstone National Park and we went to a lot of States! At that time I had only ever been in 4 states in all my short life and on this trip I added at least 6 more! We saw the Grand Teton mountains, Old Faithful, hot springs, Mount Rushmore, The Rocky Mountains, including Pike's Peak and I saw much big game I had never seen before! And then we moved south after that and I saw cotton growing for the first time and we added a lot more states! It was a culture shock for sure but it was so good for me to learn about people who were different from what little I had known by then and get to learn different cultures and accents and learn how to actually strive to learn how to understand people that were different from what I had known! Then when I was 15 I left home trying to stay safe, went to the detention home shortly and then went to Texas to live with my sister and learned another culture and went outside the US for the first time to visit Mexico, but only for a day visit. But still it was awesome and my world grew more!
    • Roaring
      Wow what a rich diverse experience you've. Our farthest vacation was the Jersey Shore.Only later on did I venture far and wide.
  • My High School ROTC developed clicks that would hang out together. Two of the clicks became gangs (not the bad kind). I was the leader of the Benz Boys and the other gang was called the Raiders. The Raiders forked my yard so to get even we toilet papered the other teams leader's yard. While the others were TPing I sprayed "Benz Boys" on the hood of his car with shaving cream. I didn't know shaving cream ruins the finish. There was a permanent reminder of our retaliation on his car for the rest of the year. He never got any of us to admit to the shaving cream part.
      And YOU called ME a little rascal!!!??? I transferred into a school once and they couldn't place me in a P. E. class so they put me in JROTC I wasn't there long, but it was a start!
    • Anoname
      And now your a squid.(nickname for Navy)
    • Crazychick
      Anoname, it's "you're" a squid. The word "your" doesn't mean "you are", does it?
      Technically I used to be a squid.
  • Getting my dad's belt across my backside.
    • Anoname
      As a FAVORITE memory?
    • Crazychick
      Yeah, of course. Why, what did you expect me to say?
    • Anoname
      Just surprised. Most people loath spankings of that type.
    • Crazychick
      Yeah, well. I'm not "most people". Besides, lots of people do enjoy spankings of that type. You'd be surprised how many of us do. Lol:)
  • Sorry, duplicate post.