• Opposite as in dominant to go with my own passive nature, otherwise very similar.
  • I think you need to be compatible for it to last. If you are just too different you won't be socially cohesive. Too much the same and perhaps it will not be complementary enough. I have a partner I am happy with and we are similar socially and politically in our worldview. I have been more free and go-with-the-flow in my life while he has been more straight-laced and focused but I think we respect each other and seek something of the other each for ourselves. I needed more structure in my life while he needed more relaxation.
    • Bootsiebaby
      Some say it is not so much how compatible or not a couple may be, but it is how they handle their incompatibilities. When their incompatibilities are extreme, how are they supposed to handle it?
    • officegirl
      Well if they stay together at all they would end up leading almost totally separate lives, which when they did intersect would depend on each of them suppressing a lot of themselves.
  • I am very socialble and outgoing, while my other half is an introvert. Sometimes I find this annoying and difficult. However, after 23 years together, something must be working.