• 01-01-2017 In the 19th century Americans started moving west and three institutions went with them. There was vaudeville, traveling entertainment. There was lyceum, traveling education and culture. And there was the itinerant preacher, offering a new style of preaching called "hell fire and brim stone". It was very entertaining, only loosely based on scripture, and pastors didn't even try to compete. Instead they switched to preaching public morality and philosophy. Eventually an entire generation grew up not knowing the first thing about the religion they claimed to believe. That is why most Christian churches don't teach doctrines, and most members don't know what they are supposed to believe. Thus the prophecy is fulfilled: 2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
  • I agree with you - as a Christian I never do that.
    • Warren
      What do you do instead
  • I dont put it up for paganism. I put it for celebration of Christmas with my family.
  • their bible does state in Jer 10:2-5 not to do such things but christians have a hard to listening to their own word.