• According to various studies, to help function properly the next day, you need to spend at least 8 hours to sleep. For me, I usually sleep from 7-8 hours.
      Thank you Ashely.
  • Five hours if I want to just drag through the day. Six hours to be functional. Probably 7 to enjoy life.
      This might appear twice. (not sure) I think you fit in with the norm. Thanks for answering Bill.
  • For me, personally, I can function with 4 hours. I like more, but that's the minimum.
      That seems to be me as well. Thanks for answering Karen. Sorry, but I have to ask ... are you Bailey's mom? :)
  • 7 to 8 hours.
      Thanks
  • I aim for 7, but feel better with 8.....
  • You're supposed to get 7 hours of sleep and one hour of exercise per day. If you don't exercise then you're supposed to get 8 hours of sleep. In the military they say you can survive on 4 hours a night, if necessary, for up to a week. After that you're just not sharp enough to be useful.
      That's very true.
  • It depends on how many beers I drank that night...jk...I usually average about 7 hours.
  • 6 normally however "normally" does not apply right now. I am recovering from an injury and believe the extra sleep is being demanded for recovery.
  • I have sleep disorders. I slept about 6 hours this weekend but got 10 hours Tuesday. I've been up since around noon yesterday. Its 7:30 am now. 3 days is the longest I've gone without sleeping. I start forgetting words at that point. Sometimes I get silly when I haven't slept.