• I think it's absurd. If two people love each other enough that they watn to take that step, then who are we as a society to say they shouldn't be allowed because it 'not natural'? By whose standards is it not natural? The Bible? Well, that's why the line that separates church from state should be enforced. I just don't believe in stopping two people from vowing to love one another. I'll get married when everyone can get married.
  • In Britain the Government has introduced civil partnerships for gay couples. I don't see any problems with this at all, they should be allowed the same rights as heterosexual couples.
  • homosexual behavior is condemened by God in the Bible i believe gay marriage will just lead to more divorces there are many "rights" that are being given to same sex partners that is my view
      Show me one place in the Bible where adult, consensual, non-pagan, non-pederasty homosexuality is a sin. Read this sentence very carefully before you answer.
  • love sees no sex nor boundaries. if homosexuals want to be a part of an archaic religious marriage ceremony, why not!? i personally don't care to be a part of anything that denies the rights of anyone to join.
  • Doesnt matter who you love as long as you love them, homosexuals should be entitled to all the same priviledges as other couples, i admire them for having the 'guts' to come out and declare their love for each other - good luck to them all i say, and may they all live happily ever after!!!! :)
  • A marriage is not the same as a civil union that the state recognizes. The state has no business in the private lives of individuals. Civil unions are the only places where the government should get involved. There should be laws to protect the rights of both parties as far as community property goes. The rest is between the couple and what their beliefs are. In some places couples will have a civil ceremony and a religious one. I think that's probably a good way to handle it. That way it won't matter who is creating the civil union because it will only be a partnership for the purposes of handling the community property and such. The other aspects of marriage can stay where they belong, between couples themselves. They can do whatever they consider right by their beliefs. They can make that commitment to each other, no matter what anyone says. It will never be under government scrutiny because it's covered under the separation of church and state.
  • gays have the right to be as miserable as any other couple
  • I don't believe anyone has a right to tell you who you can spend the rest of your life with. Gays should have the same rights as everyone else... And as for it being condemed in the bible F*** OFF, if everyone listen to what the bible condemed we all are going to hell!!!!
  • I think it is sick, and religious arguments to continue this discrimination are a violation of the separation of church and state. If your religion doesn't want to recognize the marriage, fine. Just stop trying to force everyone else to live by your religious beliefs.
  • Since a 3000 year-old book says that they are sinning against God, we should obviously cage them and beat them until they worship at God's crack. How dare tehy be different? Conform dammit!
  • First of all, isn't the bible a book of "stories" written by people and translated how other people feel it should read? Anyway, I don't think it's anyone's business who marries who....it has no effect on someone else's life who I'm married to, so this shouldn't be an issue. It's all about people who think they want to run everyone's life and tell everyone else what they can and cannot do. I've even heard "It'll lead to people wanting to marry animals"...give me a break...
  • Considering the divorce rates and the legal hassles and the money grabbing.....what in the world are they thinking?? Heteros should be looking for ways to eliminate the govt's involvement in their personal lives rather than adding more grief to gay lives.
  • I am gay and I believe I should be able to marry whomever I want as long as it's above legal limit, and consentual, it's nobody else's business. I don't believe in god, so I don't really care is people's faiths don't consider gay marriage. That's alright with me. What I AM concerned with is that I should get THE SAME rights as everyone else. Gay people are being discriminated against, for something that doesn't affect other people! What do YOU care who I'm sleeping with? It's just the nebby people who want to stick their nose in everyone else's business. Without the argument of god, theres no logical reason that homosexuals should be allowed to be married. I thought we were supposed to be SEPERATING church and state, no? Leave your gods out of it, cause I don't believe in it.
  • Although I believe they should be allowed, the only real reasons why they should not are religious based reasons, and those should only apply to people of that faith. As such, I believe that churches, temples, mosques, etc., that are against it, should not allow it in their place of worship nor should they allow their religious leaders to perform same sex marriages, but a judge should still be allowed to perform a same sex civil union marriage in a court of law.
  • I dont have a problem with it at all, the plain fact that homosexuallity has been around forever should make people just accept it and get on with their own lives! If two people love each other, they should be allowed the same rights as the rest of us :)
  • I think it would be more acceptable to just about everyone if they could come up with a replacement term for 'marriage' Life is confusing enough as it is for starters - 'Are you married?" is one of the last yes/no questions left in this faltering world. Also - it would get the 'religious' element out of the picture and let the focus be on what REALY matters, justice and fairness for ALL partners in ALL relationships..... But that's
  • I think it is a sick and disgusting thing that we still hold on to these wretched prejudices, and that some - in this case - three thousand year old book is going to tell us what to do, that 'homosexuality is wrong'. And if anyone here is going to try to 'open my eyes to the truth of the Bible and the light of the most "loving" God," then they can just scerw off. I don't care what some old book says, I only care about what is moraly right. Homosexual marriage should be allowed, they should have the exact same rights as everyone else. Love isn't about race or age, or anything like that, is it? No, love is about the two people. Whatever color, age, or gender, it doesn't matter. Love is about the personal connection. It's about love.
  • I'm sure I will get hammered with minus points just for answering the question honestly, but I feel that allowing homosexual marriage should not be allowed and marriage needs to be kept the way it is. Traditional man and woman, and still more about the bond taking place in front of God and more religious in nature than a "civil union." If you want to allow civil unions for tax purposes or whatever, fine, but do not call it marriage. Okay, now all the liberals can hit me with thier minus points, I am braced for it.
  • I think they should have just as much right to marry and be miserable like the rest us!
  • I can't seem to get my head around why anyone would agree with homosexuals being denied the right to marry. i honestly don't get it. I don't understand the need for questions on here like 'have you ever known a gay to be cured?' WHAT IS THE NEED? we're all equal whether we like it or not. If two people love each other what the hell does it matter? oh that felt good to get off my chest.
  • If a couple in a same sex relationship lived next door to me and were friendly and pleasant people I would invite them to my home for meals, drinks and chat. I wouldn't give a second thought to their sexuality. However a huge part of marriage is based upon having children; as same sex partnerships cannot produce children naturally I see no point in it. Civil Partnership to give homosexual couples the same legal protection as married couples is absolutely fine by me, but I cannot for the life of me see why a society that is based upon marriage between opposite sexes and the raising of children should be browbeaten into submission for the wishes of a minority.
  • Yes, nobody has the right to tell someone what they can or can't do with their life, it is theirs to live not ours.
  • Sadly, anyone who thinks they should be denied the right, will probably get a bad rating. I'm one of those people, (who's answer will be the same as most answerbaggers), who belives marriage is a bond of love and not appearence. Meaning anyone should have the right to get married and leave the complaining to those who think otherwise.
  • There are no rational, legal justifications for denying same-sex couples the same right to marry as oposite-sex couples have. The only reason for the denial is bigotry.
  • I see no reason why 2 consenting, unrelated adults in a committed, monogamous relationship should be denied a right that all other citizens enjoy. the only "reasons" anyone seems to be able to cite are based on lies, assumptions and stereotypes. in other words, bigotry...plain and simple.
  • No they shouldn't. If any two people love each other they should be able to express it in whichever way they think is best and if that means getting married.. who cares? If you don't like it then don't go to the fuckin wedding.
  • Gays are not denied the right to get married.
  • Gay people should have the right to get married. But remember, the people on the right will disagree because the word "Marriage" is a biblical term only to mean that only a man and a woman can get married. This is why some states call it a "Civil Union" and not Marriage. My take on it is go ahead and get married.
  • Asking should gays be allowed to marry is like asking if blacks should be allowed to vote. Even as foolish as asking should chinese be allowed to eat in public resturants. I am doing a term paper on this subject and have been doing a bit of American History to subtaintiate my argument. I have found more ethnic asassination in the history of America than I care to recite. I've read of Bombing of countries for money, killing and allowing to be killed whole tribes of people. No, I am not just speaking of the indians. I think it is absolutely barbaric that any U.S. government can deny the right of any freeman or woman peaceful after some of the atrocities they have commited. I strongly believe in God and his love for all humans, but those lessons should be taught at home and not brainwashed from the front of the class. This selective mental manipulation. It's like the three monkey's hearnoevil, seenoevil, and speaknoevil with just do as I say attached. Man, this is just as bad and the president still having to sign a bill for afro-americans to vote. Let them marry and if God has a problem with it trust me he will sort it out. This world has long since passed the sins and transgressions of Sodom and Gomorrah.
  • It's so stupid. Any love that's love is right. Gays and lesbians should be allowed to get married if they want to. The concept of marriage has been around a hell of a lot longer than chrisitanity, so i dont think the church has the right to condemn gay marriage. The government should seperate itself from the church and end this horrid discrimination against perfectly normal people.
  • they have every right to get married, if they pay taxes, just like everyone else than they should have the same rights as everyone else, no questions asked. Gays according to what i heard can also get drafted if the need arises, so every citizen is to havethe same rights as another!
  • Personaly i pelive gay people should have all the rights as normal people!!!! I mean, if people are alowed 2 go to gay clubs and do all the stuff they do then why the hell carnt they get married?!?!? (I aint gay!!!)
  • Homosexuals are allowed to "get married" where I live. The government isn't telling me I have to marry a woman.
  • Sorry if I go against the tide of popular belief, but I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. God created Adam and Eve to be joined as one. He created male and female to procriate and populate the earth. If getting DR'ed is the cost of speaking my belief then so be it.
  • I can care less what people want to do or don't do as long as they don't hurt innocent bystanders in the process. My new wife is a catholic; she was married in a catholic church. I am not and we were married by a judge. You know what; the Catholic Church does not recognize her divorce nor our marriage. Don't think gays are the only ones suppressed. I'm not for it nor am I against it. I suppose if it tormented me in any way I would have a stronger sway on the ballet, but I don't sorry.
  • the same typical knuckle dragging homophobic bigoted backward thinking that has led the world to countless wars all in the name of a certain so called higher entity and worst of all its totally illogical and discriminatory...but what can you expect from these hypocrites
  • They can marry, but men can't marry men and women can't marry women. That's the law of the land and most religions yo...
  • To each his/her own. Plain and simple.
  • I think that it is right. Marriage is between a man and a woman and that is sacred-gay marriage would corrupt that.
  • they aren't denied in my state [[CA]]. equal rights for all. personal opinions about right and wrong should be kept out of it.
  • Homosexuals aren't denied the right to marry in any jurisdiction in the world, to my knowledge. The only restriction, where there is such a restriction, is that people may marry only a member of the opposite sex. There is no questioning done related to anyone's proclivities, secret or otherwise. Someone who is homosexual (keeping in mind that homosexuality, like heterosexuality, was only invented in the 19th century) may enter into a marriage of convenience, an arranged marriage, with a member of the opposite sex, just as a heterosexual may, and nothing will be done to stop it.
  • Did you have to fight for your right to marry? Doubt it!
  • If that's what they want, I'm not gonna stop them.
  • 5-7-2017 There is no right to marry. Marriage is a natural condition. No legislature can forbid it, just like no legislature can forbid you to have a cold. The problem is that after the civil war, states created a marriage license specifically so they could refuse it to couples of mixed races. You don't need a license to be married. You do need a license to claim government benefits allowed to people who have formed a three-headed corporation for the purpose of making babies. Some states actually put out a pamphlet explaining the corporation angle, but nobody actually reads them. That is why everybody goes batshit crazy when the subject comes up.
  • are they still being denied ever after The same sex marriage law passed?
  • Funny how when someone makes a truthful, researched, answer to a question it disappears.
  • You cannot deny one segment of society their civil rights simply because you dont like that group.
  • No good reason for them to be "married" I've ever heard. It's just an exercise in futility and to make lawyers a little richer.
  • i think they should have the right to marry even if others dont agree with it