• The bible doesn't describe Satan specifically as "the most beautiful angel" but it does say that Satan was perfect in beauty, full of wisdom and adorned. Like all the other angles he was created perfectly and given a certain amount of authority. He was also given free will and because of this, inequity found it's way into him. It also says that Satan was lifted up because of his beauty, and that he corrupted the wisdom by reason of his brightness. Ezekiel 28:12-15. The reason he is portrayed as a hoved animal with horns and a tail is because Greek mythology intermixed with biblical stories centuries later. The book of Revelation also describes a red horned dragon, but the entire book of Revelation is actually a future prophecy from John and mostly figurative, not literal. Revelation describes a dragon as a representation of Satan at the end of times based on the physical attributes we assign to him, but it doesn't represent his true appearance. People unfamiliar with the bible or who misintepret scripture can easily mistake this to mean that Satan resembled the mythical beast Pan from Greek mythology.
  • I believe (and I could be mistaken) that the current image of Satan is made up of a blend of Pagan gods, from an early Christian attempt to demonize paganism. Satan has the horns of Dionysus and Pan. He has Poseidon's trident. He has hooves like Cerunnos, or possibly the Greek satyrs. This image of Satan has nothing to do with the Satan of the bible. It was simply an attempt by previous generations of Christians to demonize the Pagan gods.
  • the devil was made out to look like the pagan god "pan" to demon-ize pan and the pagans . yet another ploy to discredit another faith. add this to their false stories they spread about witch's wiccans and pagans worshiping the devil . which is totally untrue . but a common misconception.---- just a cola war tactic.
  • All angels were created beautiful...Satan too was a created angel...until he chose to disobey God and seek worship for himself...The Bible does not describe what he looked like.
  • i think satan was a beautiful angel. after all he was made by god and so lucifer had to of had been perfict. so why would he be ugly?
  • Ezekiel 28:10...‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: “ ‘You were the model of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. 13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you: ruby, topaz and emerald, chrysolite, onyx and jasper, sapphire,b turquoise and beryl.c Your settings and mountingsd were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared. 14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones. 15 You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you. 16 Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, O guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones. 17 Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings. 18 By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching. 19 All the nations who knew you are appalled at you; you have come to a horrible end and will be no more.’ ”
  • History of Satan: http://www.markbeast.com/satan/history-of-satan.htm
  • Satan exists and is dangerous...seeking more information about him is a form of worship and [ of him ] and should be avoided... He is the direct opposite of everything beautiful, good and nice. And so is always DEPICTED UGLY.
  • Read Genesis chap. 3, here it explains Satan rebelled and lost his prefect standing with God. Lucifer is not Satans name as some are saying,original Bible texts do not use this name.
  • probably because organized religion didn't want folks worshipping him, the handsome devil!! lol... but I think he would have been extremely handsome; after all, he was an angel, and there sure as hell (sorry!!) no such things as ugly angels!! and it also could be symbolic......'gee, he defied God so has to be an ugly sonofabitch, right?'...........tee hee............