• Usually the non-custodial parent (your father) has to go to court and demonstrate that its in your best interest to live with him. Mostly that means proving that your mother is unfit to be a parent -- e.g. she's on drugs, an alcoholic, neglects your care, etc. If there's nothing like that going on, its probably unlikely. The details in each case vary though, so only a lawyer who was familiar with the divorce decree would have a really solid answer.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy