• you could challenge the bar exam and become a non law school lawyer. but watching all the episodes of Perry Mason, Matlock and Law and Order are a must.
  • Traditionally one must obtain a bachelors degree first from an accredited university before applying to law school. Under normal circunstances it takes 4 years to obtain that degree then 3 additional years of law school to obtain a JD (Doctor of Jurisprudence) Degree before being eligable to sit for the bar exam in your state.
  • However long it takes you to get your Bachelor's degree. Then 3 more years after that for law school. That one you cannot drag out. You must complete it in 3 years. "Before you go to law school, you'll need a bachelor's degree. Law school applicants aren't required to have any particular major for undergraduate education. In fact, the American Bar Association (ABA) encourages students to study any subject they find fascinating and challenging." "a student's undergraduate degree, law school does not allow a student to choose their own pace. Law students are required by most law schools to complete the law program in three years. Under special circumstances, an extension may be permitted but that is not the norm."
  • Depends on your lever of retardness!
  • To my knowledge, Washington State is the only state that allows you to take the Bar without going to law school. Otherwise it is 4 yrs of BA and 3 yrs of law school.
    • Victorine
      Virginia, Vermont, and California also allow this. You have to do an apprenticeship with a law firm, under qualified mentors, to prepare for the bar this way.
  • Depends on what country you are in. In the US, law is a graduate degree. You need to earn a 4-year undergraduate degree and then attend law school for 3 years to earn a JD -- juris doctoral degree. A few states allow lawyers to apprentice at a law firm and prepare under the firm's supervision to take the bar exam. In some other countries, a law degree is an undergraduate degree. In the UK, for example, you earn a bachelor of laws in 3 years and must also do a year's course in legal practice. It's possible to earn an undergraduate degree in something else and then study law on a "graduate entry" basis. The US also offers master's degrees in law, usually earned on top of the JD, for people who wish to specialize in a specific branch of law. These are often earned by aspiring legal academics -- future professors of law.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy