• if he's living on base then his house is still his place of residence. It's where he pays state taxes, right?
  • Yes he can. Wherever you're stationed is not always used as your permanent legal address.
  • Yes he can. There are special rules for military personnel.
  • His 'home of record' is in his military record. And Florida is a good choice because they don't have a state income tax. Well, that was a long time ago I don't know about now. But yes, he can. You should get a lawyer. If you can't afford one check into legal aid. Also, even if you get the house you will have to be able to afford to keep it or you will loose it anyway. You should prepare to downsize as a preemptive measure. Sell anything you don't want to loose to a friend that will sell it back to you later.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy