• In general, no, but in some specific circumstances, yes. This is really only a question that a licensed attorney in your state can answer and even then only after knowing a few things about your circumstances. If you were convicted of a felony completely unrelated to domestic violence in the state of California and received no prison sentence (including suspended sentence and/or time served), AND you have no other felony record, you can file a motion to reduce the felony to a misdemeanor, and then, if it is granted, unless the judge granting the motion adds a restriction, you will be able to legally possess a firearm. However, motions to reduce are not always granted, even in the best of circumstances.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy